Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 09:41 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times

Advertisements

Years ago there used to be a huge warehouse in an industrial park in the Alpharetta area that sold used, refurbished, and overstocked computers and computer parts.

My very first "real" computer was an AST "All in one" with a 12" built-in monitor, a whopping 8 MEGS of ram, CD rom and cost $700 from there (a steal at that time), and I recently heard from the friend who bought it from me long ago and it's till working. lol.

Does anyone remember the name of the place or know if they're still in business? If so please DM me their info. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 07:10 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,032,467 times
If you are talking about the one that used to be off of exit 13, east of GA400 (just barely north of Alpharetta in Cumming), then they either moved or shut down.

The place was on Weber Industrial Lane. Pretty large. I worked for a business that took over the warehouse and we spent a couple of days driving forklifts and helping the owner move his stuff out.

I do not remember the name of the business... sorry. He moved (or closed) in early 2005, so its been 7 years.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:59 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
I can't remember the exit, but it was a huge warehouse. Shame it shut down if that's them.

They had a huge variety of stuff and they really did a good job refurbishing units and inspecting them, etc. I knew several people back then who bought from them and the computers (like that really old one I talked about above) just seemed to go on forever without breaking down.

With all of the disasters in the last year or so overseas, computer prices have fairly recently gone up for new systems. There's a calling for quality refurbished stuff, and it was nice to be able to go into a place like that and see hands-on what was on offer.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:18 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
There (is/was) a place off exit 12 in the Shilo Biz park, that would buy out the end of lease computer, from schools, companies, goverenmnets etc. They would wipe the harddrive, re-install the O/S, clean, check the computers.

Have not seen any flyer from then in years.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:37 AM

2,118 posts, read 6,372,905 times
You're probably thinking of Milton Micro.

If so, they've been gone for about 10 years.

It was on Old Milton Pkwy at the intersection of what I believe is now called Westside Pkwy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: