U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 AM

131 posts, read 164,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i can't for the life of me figure out why everyone wants you to live in the boonies... however i would definitely make a trip and figure out whether you want to live intown, in the suburbs or in the exurbs. out buford way is definitely in the exurbs which is why i can't understand why everyone's recommending it.

Someone pointed out that maybe it's because of the fishing in that area? I don't know.
I will check it out when I visit but I wanted to post on here first so I can get an idea of places not to look so I don't waste time and money going there.

How is the Roswell area? The commute from there to the Alpharetta location would be good and it's near Atlanta so I'm assuming I wouldn't have an issue of being "out in the boonies" or having very dark roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 05:50 AM

131 posts, read 164,019 times
I found a house rental there that I really like, it's a 3 bedroom/2.5 bath for $1500. I'd have to get two roommates but that would also make my rent be $500 a month plus utilities so it would be worth it. I've had roommates in the past and have 2 of the currently actually, so I'm not worried (I always screen them and such). Since the house I'm looking at is somewhat close to Strayer University I figured I shouldn't have a problem getting some college students as roommates if I rent the bedrooms for $500 a month.

The address btw is 280 Leasingworth Way, Roswell, GA 30075. Anyone know the area?

Old 06-20-2012, 07:42 AM

1,052 posts, read 647,042 times
I think you are going to struggle to find roommates to fill bedrooms in one of the far-out suburbs like Roswell. It's predominantly a residential area of single family homes, with a pretty bad commute into the city. Younger upstarts who are looking for cheep, simple rental housing have plenty of options closer to the major job centers, without paying any more than you are suggesting trying to charge.

Simply finding a place that allows sub-leasing will be a challange.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 AM

1,043 posts, read 569,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingpointe516 View Post
I found a house rental there that I really like, it's a 3 bedroom/2.5 bath for $1500. I'd have to get two roommates but that would also make my rent be $500 a month plus utilities so it would be worth it. I've had roommates in the past and have 2 of the currently actually, so I'm not worried (I always screen them and such). Since the house I'm looking at is somewhat close to Strayer University I figured I shouldn't have a problem getting some college students as roommates if I rent the bedrooms for $500 a month.

The address btw is 280 Leasingworth Way, Roswell, GA 30075. Anyone know the area?
I actually currently live about 3.5 miles from there. That section of holcomb br road is a heavily traveled, divided (by a median) street with 3-4 lanes of traffic in each direction. There is a lot of commercial development along it for 1.5 miles in both directions.

You will have easy access to GA400 south, but making a left turn off of holcomb br rd to go home is a long wait at the light.

That side of Roswell (west of GA 400) is not my favorite part of Roswell due to the traffic, but it would put you pretty close to Strayer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta