Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:58 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Little boy...I have not seen or heard a crime being committed in all of my years in the city of Atlanta. Why do you have such a problem with that? It's true, yet you seem obsessed with proving me wrong. There is not any way you can prove my true statement false, so give up. Okay? And I simply respond to subjects or questions of interest to me...I have no idea who you are or what you have posted. But I'll certainly keep a look out and try to avoid any further run-ins with you. I don't mind a healthy conversation but it's hard to deal with crazy.

Let's move on please...how bout it?
WOW...you must not know anyone in law enforcement, otherwise you would get the low down on just how much crime goes on in virtually every sector of town, likely only a couple doors down from you! Ignorance is bliss, however, so while some seek physical locales to acheive safety, you appear to have found a safe, happy place in your head to accomplish the same, which is fine. To each their own, but to claim that since you can't hear it, see it, etc. means it's not happening is pure ignorance.

To get to original point of all this argument (can't remember who started it), moving away from crime is a totally valid avenue. Anyone who understands the laws of probability and has a family to protect knows that the safety of your loved ones rises pretty highly over any "I'm going to save my neighborhood" delusions of grandeur. I, too, have lived all over town, and all it takes is an observant and educated eye to gleam into the dark underbelly of any area, and ultimately I choose to move my family someplace where I have a reduced risk of bad things happening to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 03:17 PM

371 posts, read 1,554,927 times
This has become an argument of semantics.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:15 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,419 times
All in All Atlanta is the #7 most dangerous city in America.
Is it from the New Orleans crowd as some say, some maybe but all in all no.

If you read many of the paper items in regard to arrested criminals one will find a few items over and above New Orleans.

Convict 1 last addres in Norcross from Brooklyn
Convict 2 last address in Atlanta from the Bronx
Convict 3,4,5,6,7 last address Norcross from unknown location aka illegal.
Convict 8, last address Winder from Winder
Concvict 9 and 10 last address East Point from Los Angeles.
Basically, they are from all over.
Philadelphia and Washington DC has become so bad that the mayors (both of whom are about as much of a leadership joke as Franklin) declared a state of emergency in the cities do the the magnitude of crime.

Why is crime getting so far out of hand?

Some on the left will say there is not enough Government running our life as if they are not running enough of it already. I think the comments in regard to London, England can cover this topic as with the land down under. When big government decided to take firearms away from law abiding citizens and allow criminals to run the streets, crime spiked.

There are other aspects. Our government, who chooses to run the lives of the law abiding turn their backs on the law breakers. The illegal issue is strangling this nation with the Atlanta area alone boasting well over an estimated 200,000 plus illegals. Not all are criminals, we have to face facts that many are.

Our Police Force, why does it seem when our low paid Police Officers put their lives on the line it is they who pay the piper, not the criminal. Philadelphia is a great example of this. The current Mayor John "The Felon" Street who gets on TV whining about crime and his state of emergency so the Police raid and make a large arrest in the murder block of Philly. The next day there is Al "The Race Peddling Poverty Pimp" Sharpton with his bull horn, then John Street himself on the news talking about how his own high ranking precint chief made a racist decision, and to show this drones ignorance, the precint chief is black

Though not a murder statistic, but what about all our pedifiles running amuk? Gwinnett County is just one location of the Atlanta metroplex, but when they are listed in the Gwinnett County Post at an 8 font, the list takes up half of an entire page

What about our children who cannot be disciplined in school without a lawsuit? Remember the science teacher in Dacula High who was fired because little Lilly White Jr., the football player was failed due to sleeping in class, so Daddy had this 28 year teacher fired!

What about Jena, Louisiana? A two sided flop of no consequence. Where nooses are hung in trees by a bunch of Red Necks with no consequence and now it is ok for 6 thugs to beat the pulp out of another student just because.... See comment about Al Sharpton again.

What about other items? Well, don't do anything there to enforce the laws either or the next thing you will have is Morris Dee's and his Southern Poverty Law Center down your back or the ACLU.

What am I getting at here, am I off topic? No.

The reason murders are up in Atlanta and Philly, and LA, and Houston, and even small town America is because our lovely legal system has cow toweled to a bunch of elites. Our news media loves misery, and teens, gangs, and other law breakers do not face any consequence for their action. Ever watch COPS and see these poor police officers arresting the same crooks over and over again.

When laws are not enforced, mob rule will prevail. So don't just look at Atlanta, we need to look at America on this issue on a larger scope.
Will the people finally say enough, our just elect Hillary in 08 and go with the status quo?

Sorry for the soapbox.

Last edited by Georgia; 10-05-2007 at 06:25 PM..

Old 10-06-2007, 09:28 AM

857 posts, read 4,877,688 times
[quote=Georgia;1663226] Philadelphia and Washington DC has become so bad that the mayors (both of whom are about as much of a leadership joke as Franklin) declared a state of emergency in the cities do the the magnitude of crime.

When Rudy Guilliani was District Attorney, and later Mayor, of NYC he lowered the crime level by kicking ass and taking names. He not only lowered crime by vigorously prosectuting criminals, but he also kicked a lot of people off the welfare rolls who shouldn't have been there in the first place.
If the Mayors of these cities would become politically incorrect and stop making excuses for these criminals then maybe they would see a radical improvements in their cities.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:30 PM

119 posts, read 367,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
You are joking right? I have walked around Compton at night, it is like a scene from a Quentin Tarantino movie, Atlanta has nothing to compare, there are worse areas in London than there are in Atlanta.

Bankhead is one of the most violent neighborhoods in the country,and Atlanta is in the top 10 most dangerous cities in the nation.

Last edited by Georgia; 10-08-2007 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Let's try to refrain from personal insults

Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 PM

6,538 posts, read 12,030,552 times
Just to throw this in here, but San Diego has gone 5 weeks without a single homicide:

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Metro -- Homicide-free streak at 5 weeks

Old 10-12-2007, 01:31 PM

177 posts, read 923,548 times
Interesting discussion... Over the past couple of years the development and population in my midtown neighborhood has increased a lot, and so have the panhandlers and people who are up to 'other' activities. I was waiting for the pizza delivery man in front of my building a few months ago and some dude asked me if I 'worked' on the corner. Good grief!
Still...when you move into a city like Atlanta you know the risks and benefits of urban living. My family has been telling me for years to pack up and move to the safer suburbs but I love the convenience of living in the city. I can't really keep someone from kicking in my door and taking my stuff, but I can be more aware of my surroundings when walking around, lock up my stuff(you wouldn't believe how many people that I know who have left computers and cameras in their car and were 'surprised' that someone broke into their car!), and report crime and suspicious activity when I see it happening.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:52 PM

359 posts, read 1,312,196 times
Default Then I Looked At My City..wow!

Here I am getting all nervous about moving to Atlanta because of what I am seeing on the posts, unit I went to my city LAS VEGAS and saw WE HAD MORE MURDERS THAN ATLANTA! It's funny I would have never thought...maybe because I live in a pretty safe area and I just don't see all the stuff. But anyway Shoot I should be more scuurred living here if I follow these statistics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxu66 View Post
Check out the following table for the crime rate for specific cities in Atlanta region.

Table 8 (Georgia) - Crime in the United States 2006 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/data/table_08_ga.html - broken link)

Old 11-16-2007, 09:12 PM

359 posts, read 1,312,196 times
Default lol

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Ok.. whoah, Nelly!

You live "just outside of downtown" according to some other posts you've made in the past. You also state that you've lived "in the city for a long time" and you claim that you have NEVER been in the vicinity of a murder, rape, robbery, or ANY criminal activity"???

Can I please have some of the meds that you're on? Please? I want to live in that alternate reality, too!

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/4.gif (broken link)

Old 11-18-2007, 04:06 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,234,016 times
If you have 20 extra murders with 110 total in a city of 450,000 then you have a problem. Just think, 20 more people murdered in Atlanta. 110 in a city with less than a half million residents. Atlanta take lessons from Toronto, Seattle, San Diego, Montreal, Austin or Portland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta