U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 10:24 AM

3 posts, read 3,368 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I was curious about what the commute would be like from the Glenridge Drive area out to Pleasant Hill Road (job is right off the exit). I've read that this is a reverse commute, but I'm still worried about how long it will take me to get from my apartments off of Glenridge out to 285 by using either Roswell Road or Johnson Ferry to Peachtree Dunwoody. Anybody have any experience with this drive? I'm not expecting a cake-walk, but is the commute likely to be under 30-40 minutes during rush hour?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 08:23 PM

295 posts, read 741,137 times
Yeah its reverse commute, worse traffic you would experience would be your start point in the morning and end point in the evening in your very own city. Pleasant Hill is no walk in the park either but not as bad as Roswell, Sandy Springs, etc. 85 has some terrible traffic but again you are going against it. Worse thing is on 85 is that drivers drive slow and not to mention there is almost always a GDOT officer on there slowing the traffic even more. SO yeah, 30-40 mins commute, not bad, sometimes around 4:30ish-5ish pm 285 W gets bad before 400 but thats only like 5-10 you will sit in that before reaching your exit.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:28 AM

3 posts, read 3,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericmrtt View Post
Yeah its reverse commute, worse traffic you would experience would be your start point in the morning and end point in the evening in your very own city. Pleasant Hill is no walk in the park either but not as bad as Roswell, Sandy Springs, etc. 85 has some terrible traffic but again you are going against it. Worse thing is on 85 is that drivers drive slow and not to mention there is almost always a GDOT officer on there slowing the traffic even more. SO yeah, 30-40 mins commute, not bad, sometimes around 4:30ish-5ish pm 285 W gets bad before 400 but thats only like 5-10 you will sit in that before reaching your exit.
Great, thanks for your help. Fortunately (or unfortunately), I work a bit later most nights so I don't think I'd hit that 4:30 to 5:00 PM 285 westbound traffic.

I'll be happy to get my commute down from what it has been..I was commuting from the west end of Athens (Jennings Mill Road) to Pleasant Hill Road for about 10 months now. Very little traffic until you get into Gwinnett at highway 20 but lots of miles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or