U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,492,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Interesting. The majority of my friends are white women and none of them are with men who are not educated professionals. The ones who tried to date the men with "potential" were fed up with these men's lack of ambition and went back to dating professionals.

The white and Asian women I have been around will not accept a man who doesn't have education, a good job and the ability to support a family--Asian women especially. If you don't have any cash and can't support them, they will tell you to get lost and their families will tell you the same.

Again you are talking myths and non-black women more than black women want men who have their stuff together. Don't be fooled.
Someone doesn't really have "potential" if they don't have ambition. Sounds like bad choice of character on the woman's part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,427,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Interesting. The majority of my friends are white women and none of them are with men who are not educated professionals. The ones who tried to date the men with "potential" were fed up with these men's lack of ambition and went back to dating professionals.

The white and Asian women I have been around will not accept a man who doesn't have education, a good job and the ability to support a family--Asian women especially. If you don't have any cash and can't support them, they will tell you to get lost and their families will tell you the same.
Asian women expect to not have to work, many of them.

I know of a black guy who was well-to-do. He married two white women--one American, one Russian. His first American wife left him and took his money. He had a child with his Russian wife who didn't work. He was making good money until the recession hit, and he was reduced to part-time. He asked his Russian wife to get a job and help with the bills. She told him that she's not getting a job, that she refuses to work, and since he's expecting her to work, she's going back to Russia to live with her mother. True to her word, she took his kid and went back to her country because she wanted to continue to be a kept wife and not get a job when her husband needer her support the most and to help contribute to the household finances. So much for white women standing by a man with potential.

Again you are talking myths and non-black women more than black women want men who have their stuff together. Don't be fooled.
I agree with what you said that's why I said generally

Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,427,664 times
Another major factor is when most women are ready to get married in their 30s that is when most men are beginning to live their life. We are were we want to be within our career, we are at a age where we can date women in college, women our age and older women. It's like a big clash. We been studying in school for years, starting to pay off our student loans/bills, etc and we are at a place in our life that we want to enjoy what we have established before we sign that contract. Men dont have a biological clock. We can have babies when we are 45 to a woman that is 30 so we are not in that big of a rush

Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 PM

3,315 posts, read 3,784,005 times
To add to my most recent comment, even the Asian and Hispanic women I know who are married to blue collar men, their husbands support them financially whether they make a lot of money or not. Their wives stay at home regardless most of them. These men don't complain about it and see it as their duty to their wives and children. I don't hear them referring to their women as gold-diggers or complain that their women expect too much. They just take care of their wives, no question.

I am very close to an Indian family from Fiji. All the men are blue collar and their wives are housewives or were housewives at some point. The eldest son in the family worked two jobs for years and saved up over $100,000 in cash and bought his family a huge house. I never heard him complain, I only heard him say how he needs to work hard to support his family.

From a cultural standpoint, and having been mostly around people of other races and seeing how they view family and relationships, it seems it's mostly black American men who see marriage as tit for tat and view taking care of their women as extortion.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:44 PM

62 posts, read 107,519 times
My issue has been finding someone with the degree of ambition that I have, or at least someone who can support me, and not feel out of their league. I'm looking for an extremely ambitious woman like myself, but they are not very easy to find. Admittedly, I am elitist, and am the type who, for instance, would prefer to own hospitals rather than become a doctor.

I'm all about amassing extreme wealth and powerful connections, and most of the stuff sounds pretty loopy to most people. Issue is, I'm 31, black, and am two degrees of separation from the Saudi Royal family, and have actually had a conference call with one of their representatives that reside in Houston. Don't want someone who is willing to come along for the ride, because that is very easy to find if they know what all my life entails...

...but someone who can contribute to the extremely high standard of excellence that I wish to leave behind for my children's children to aspire to.

It's time for more black people to think globally and dynastically, in my not so humble opinion.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 PM

3,315 posts, read 3,784,005 times
Tony,

I hate to say it but you seem to espouse a lot of mythical ideas don't do stand up against what happens in the real world with regard to relationships.

The idea that men don't have a biological clock and that their sperm remains viable as they age is yet another myth. In fact with the increase of autism in children, a recent study has found that men who delay reproduction until later years are a huge contributing factor to children being born with autism. Men's sperm ages just as women's eggs do. Just because men can continue to make sperm in latter years, that in no way means that sperm is viable and has lower risk of making babies with defects.

It is also a myth that younger women are running out to marry men much older than them and have babies. 25 year old women marrying 45 year old men or younger women marrying much older men is not the norm and only makes up a small percentage of marriages. People typically marry from among their peers, i.e. within their own age group.

This idea that a man can screw around or delay marriage until his 40's and go out and get a 20 year old is a prodcut of male fantasy and entitlement. Unless he's rich and/or a foreign chick is looking for a greencard, it's not the norm.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:31 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,988,231 times
Any black women who is single after the age of 30 only needs to look in the mirror for why she is single & unwanted. Most men are not attracted to Oprah, so why would we be attracted to a wannabee? Give me a real woman, like the one I have now.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelnic View Post
LOL. I'm already here..been here for 3 years now. I think I'll pass though, dont think that's my type.heh.
you don't like a sexy black man who is professional,makes six figures, has family values, loves jesus, ready to commit, knows how to dress & has respect for women? That's not your type? Oh ok well I guess I have to hook these guys up with someone else. At least I tried.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:48 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,363,837 times
Greetings,

Black man here. I've been married since 98, to a Black woman, who has natural hair.

Most will not like the proceeding, however. It is by design that Black men and Black women have so much discord. Harmonious unions between Black men and Black Women produce well adjusted offspring. Society WILL NOT have that. When our children do well, despite the system. Their genius is NOT used to benefit us. To solve our collective problems. All to often, their genius is used against us. It's not a mystery, if you know the history.

Before you become emotional, and say that I'm blaming others. Understand this: despite where our discord originates, it is our responsibility to fix it. There is no universal law that guarantees our perpetual and or continual existence. Many people have been wiped out.

We are in a war, people. Needless to say, we are losing. Despite us continually assuaging our collective egos, via bragging about this skyline, that fortune 500 company, or MARTA. We are waaaayyy behind on every relevant statistical measure. Atlanta's skyline, fortune 500 company, and MARTA, all have one thing in common: IT AIN'T OURS! We have a lot of work to do. Time is running out.

Read Dr. Frances Cress Welsing's, The Isis Papers. Beg, borrow, or steal Dr. Bobby Wright's, The Psychopathic Racial Personality. Read anything you can find by Morehouse grad, Dr. Amos Wilson. Of the three, only Dr. Welsing remains alive. She is a psychiatrist, who continues to lecture and practice medicine in D.C.

Are book titles underlined? I can't recall.

Note to self: prepare to be blasted.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMayBeMaybeNot View Post
They were all overly friendly and kind of aggressive. It was flattering, but I'm not deluded enough to believe it's because I'm so handsome. The women that approached me looked to be career oriented, and considering I saw quite a few obviously gay men in Atlanta, AND a LARGE number of thug/thug-wannabe's...

....I think I'm understanding what the issue is. Not only are there more women, but the pool of available, desirable guys is pretty low. That means that the competition for the remaining "desirables" is going to be... well, competitive.

As for how men like to be approached? That depends on the guy, and I know that doesn't help you at all.
stop hating on our swag. Atlanta has tons of Professional black men I just seen like 43 of them today at Barnes & Noble. Bragging about yourself is cool, but please don't put us other professional men down. We drive BMWs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta