U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 09:12 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,413,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaci View Post
LOL! I was just picking because the items you had originally stated are a little time consuming to be cooked daily. You wife should definitely keep you fed.
Women don't realize that men are easy to please. We just want some sex and bring us some cheese grits afterwards and we will give her the world. And no nagging during football season
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 11:03 PM

3,315 posts, read 3,770,390 times
Thudalknglass,

Sorry my post offended you. I did warn you before hand. And I also said that if you weren't overweight it doesn't apply to you. I never called you fat.

I never said all black women are fat, however weight is an issue and it does keep many black women out of the running, though I see more black women getting fit and that's great! I have participated in several IR forums, online groups and have been friends with many black women who have ran IR meet up groups. Those groups were not successful and the reason ALL of these organizers gave me for their social groups failing is because all the black women who showed up were obese and the white male members let them know that under no uncertain terms were they interested in dating overweight women and would no longer be participating.

I have seen it all too often. Even my white male friends who were interested in meeting black women joined similar meet ups and said all the black who came were fat. They also stopped going. And I have talked to many white men in various forums who said they be interested in dating black women but the only ones who persued them were overweight and it turned them off. I have simply stated what dozens upon dozens of white men have said to me. Don't shoot the messenger.

And no, I'm not old, bitter or ugly. In fact, I'm 5'6," dress size 6 with 32G breasts. And though I'm in my 30's I often get mistaken for a college student. And I'm also often told I resemble Naomi Campbell. On top of all that, I'm a professional bellydancer (hence the "BD" in my screen name) I'm definitely not hurting in the looks department. I don't have an issue at all with men talking to me, I'm holding out for the right kind of man, and because I'm not interested in anything casual, this upsets a lot of men.

Again, I apologize for offending you but no need to resort to name-calling. We should be able to express ourselves like grown-ups.

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 07-21-2012 at 11:15 PM..

Old 07-21-2012, 11:21 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,413,084 times
White and Black men opinion of thick is different. What black men consider thick white men will consider her fat. White men want a woman that is so skinny that you can see her heart beating and most black men like women with a fat butt

Old 07-22-2012, 12:25 AM

4,147 posts, read 5,747,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
White and Black men opinion of thick is different. What black men consider thick white men will consider her fat. White men want a woman that is so skinny that you can see her heart beating and most black men like women with a fat butt

Old 07-22-2012, 12:51 AM

11,319 posts, read 21,922,710 times
Quote:
This is why the marriage rate is so low. Im putting your name on my bank account and I can't even get a ham sammich and chitterlings daily? What's the benefit for me? I can cook and clean for myself without signing the marriage contract to give away half my ish if it doesn't work out.
A companion? Someone to share life's experiences with on a regular basis?

Sure, you can do that with a good friend, but with many (if not most) marriages that last the spouses are best friends as well as lovers, etc.

I finally married my wife because I found I was happier with her than I was without her, and there were also some financial benefits to being married. I don't regret that decision even though it's been 11 years since I proposed to her and 9 since I married her.

Life isn't a business transaction, at least if you have a soul.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:37 PM

11,319 posts, read 21,922,710 times
Quote:
Speaking as a white man, it's more fun to FEEL her heart beating. Just sayin...

Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 PM

4,318 posts, read 4,846,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Flyimetro,

Contrary to what Tony in GA believes, white women are not"ride or die" women, as you put it--and especially not Asian women.

A couple of months ago I was hanging with one of my married white girlfriends who I hadn't seen or talked to in a while. Just as I was about to ask how her husband was doing, I noticed she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. I said nothing and I figured she'd share if she was comfortable. So then she says, "You know I'm getting divorced, right? I was surprised because the last time I saw them together they looked pretty happy and always did. I told her no.

When I asked her what happened, right away I thought she was going to say he cheated on her. But nope! She said that he had some debts and major financial issues that he never disclosed to her and because of that, she filed for divorce.

White [and Asian] women are "ride or die" when a man has money or is good with finances. If a man does not have money or is not good with finances or credit, the DO NOT stick around. They are not going to be with a man who's broke, bad with money or has bad credit, unlike what Tony and other black men who think like him and their ideas of what white women are like.

White women want a secure future and unlike black people, white people are taught about saving, investing, the importance of good credit and building wealth through marriage from a young age. And it's so laughable to me when I read on this forum and others black men complaining about black women wanting men with good credit with this is the norm for women of other races and a man with bad credit is unaccetable to them when it comes to marriage a building a future with a man.

This is misleading. She left him not because of his finances, but because he wasn't honest about them. There is a world of difference in the two. Not informing your spouse about your finances, is a major sign of mistrust and dishonesty in the relationship. Any respectable woman probably would leave him. It's is quite scary when you think things are fine, but you find out your life is a sham.

with that said, I find that white women are a lot less materlialistic than black women. Black women really want to be taken care of. But white women want to help you become rich. I've seen it happen way too many times for this not to be some sort of pattern. I don't date interracially much, but this is noticeable. I dated a white woman when I was broke, and she didn't seem to have an issue, but I never hit her up for money (ok, maybe once or twice).

Anyway, I just think overall white women are less materlistic than black women. but if they are, they have more depth in their material needs. Black women oftentimes get too caught up in how a guy is dressed, and how flashy he is. white women are looking at your investments and credit line. But any woman looking that hard at your finances early in the relationship is a woman who is going to be trouble down the line. White or black.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:56 PM

54 posts, read 94,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMayBeMaybeNot View Post
They were all overly friendly and kind of aggressive. It was flattering, but I'm not deluded enough to believe it's because I'm so handsome. The women that approached me looked to be career oriented, and considering I saw quite a few obviously gay men in Atlanta, AND a LARGE number of thug/thug-wannabe's...

....I think I'm understanding what the issue is. Not only are there more women, but the pool of available, desirable guys is pretty low. That means that the competition for the remaining "desirables" is going to be... well, competitive.
I'm very curious to get down to ATL to see if it's the same for white guys or not. Here's hoping...

Old 07-23-2012, 07:32 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
This is misleading. She left him not because of his finances, but because he wasn't honest about them. There is a world of difference in the two. Not informing your spouse about your finances, is a major sign of mistrust and dishonesty in the relationship. Any respectable woman probably would leave him. It's is quite scary when you think things are fine, but you find out your life is a sham.

with that said, I find that white women are a lot less materlialistic than black women. Black women really want to be taken care of. But white women want to help you become rich. I've seen it happen way too many times for this not to be some sort of pattern. I don't date interracially much, but this is noticeable. I dated a white woman when I was broke, and she didn't seem to have an issue, but I never hit her up for money (ok, maybe once or twice).

Anyway, I just think overall white women are less materlistic than black women. but if they are, they have more depth in their material needs. Black women oftentimes get too caught up in how a guy is dressed, and how flashy he is. white women are looking at your investments and credit line. But any woman looking that hard at your finances early in the relationship is a woman who is going to be trouble down the line. White or black.

My thoughts exactly.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:54 PM

3,315 posts, read 3,770,390 times
Interesting. The majority of women I've come across who expect to be taken care of are Asian women. Every black woman I know who is married works, while 95% of the married Asian women I know do not work, the majority of whom have never worked a job since getting married.

A lot of Asian women I know are also very materialistic, wanting designer everything and will not be with a man who can't support them. I know one Asian girl whi isn't married but has never had her own place and lives with men. If she breaks up with one guy, she immediately finds another one to go live with.

It's in their culture to expect men to take care of them and focus on what a man has, yet I never hear anyone calling them golddiggers. The average black guy doesn't have money so all this talk about black women getting their cash is funny. Black women get the least support of all women yet we get dragged through the mud the most, being thrown under the bus by our own men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta