U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:20 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,487,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinka72 View Post
All Black women are not fat but the majority of them are.
Got any statistics? I haven't noticed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 07:11 AM

3,315 posts, read 3,762,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
Got any statistics? I haven't noticed.

According to the United States Department of Health and Human Services:

Obesity and African Americans

• African American women have the highest rates of being overweight or obese compared to other groups in the U.S. About four out of five African American women are overweight or obese.
  • In 2010, African Americans were 1.4 times as likely to be obese as Non- Hispanic Whites.
  • In 2010, African American women were 70% more likely to be obese than Non-Hispanic White women.
  • In 2007-2010, African American girls were 80% more likely to be overweight than Non-Hispanic White girls.
Now I'm not a statistician, but if we know basic math, I think we understand that 4 out of 5 = MOST. That's still not all black women but most just isn't a good look. Being fat does more harm than good when trying to compete in the dating game--or hell, even the job market.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post

• African American women have the highest rates of being overweight or obese compared to other groups in the U.S. About four out of five African American women are overweight or obese.
  • In 2010, African Americans were 1.4 times as likely to be obese as Non- Hispanic Whites.
  • In 2010, African American women were 70% more likely to be obese than Non-Hispanic White women.
  • In 2007-2010, African American girls were 80% more likely to be overweight than Non-Hispanic White girls.
Now I'm not a statistician, but if we know basic math, I think we understand that 4 out of 5 = MOST. That's still not all black women but most just isn't a good look. Being fat does more harm than good when trying to compete in the dating game--or hell, even the job market.
Show me the link please.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
Show me the link please.

Here you go:

Obesity and African Americans - The Office of Minority Health - OMH

Old 07-28-2012, 10:54 AM

5,207 posts, read 5,965,334 times
Um for the record a lot of us black guys are fat too. Hell most of america is fat af. Of all the main races in american, there is no doubt the black women are the fatest, but hey most of them can cook better than the other races of women, so I guess its an even trade off. I think a lot of women either eat too much when they are sad or eat too little when sad emotional & many black women are single & lonely so being sad & over eating sorta comes with it. No woman wants to be single & alone, no matter how hard they to act like they are ok, all of them are not, which creates a chemical inbalance in the brain.
I say women should keep dating different men until they get or find a match. Once you give up looking for a mate, it becomes Your fault that You are single. Trust me Steve Harvey book sales don't lie, how sad is it when a whole race of lonely, single women have to turn to a comedian for advice? Not a doctor or social expert, but a comedian? Glad my brothers & I have our dad, because none of us have ever had an issue getting girlfriends, but I feel bad for all you women dating men, who were raised by JUST their mommys. I think too many black women give up too easily on these guys, they let have sex with them. The more children out of wedlock that are born, the more problems we will have in our dark future of society. Sorry sistas, bust of y'all are pretty stupid when it comes to choosing a Man with character. The only true way to fix this, is stop giving up your bodies so easily.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Um for the record a lot of us black guys are fat too. Hell most of america is fat af. Of all the main races in american, there is no doubt the black women are the fatest, but hey most of them can cook better than the other races of women, so I guess its an even trade off. I think a lot of women either eat too much when they are sad or eat too little when sad emotional & many black women are single & lonely so being sad & over eating sorta comes with it. No woman wants to be single & alone, no matter how hard they to act like they are ok, all of them are not, which creates a chemical inbalance in the brain.
I say women should keep dating different men until they get or find a match. Once you give up looking for a mate, it becomes Your fault that You are single. Trust me Steve Harvey book sales don't lie, how sad is it when a whole race of lonely, single women have to turn to a comedian for advice? Not a doctor or social expert, but a comedian? Glad my brothers & I have our dad, because none of us have ever had an issue getting girlfriends, but I feel bad for all you women dating men, who were raised by JUST their mommys. I think too many black women give up too easily on these guys, they let have sex with them. The more children out of wedlock that are born, the more problems we will have in our dark future of society. Sorry sistas, bust of y'all are pretty stupid when it comes to choosing a Man with character. The only true way to fix this, is stop giving up your bodies so easily.
White women are no more virtuous than black women yet they are 500% more likely to marry than black women. Most of the black women I know are either celibate by choice because they can't find decent men or simply haven't had sex in a long time because they can't find decent men to date and are holding out for something meaningful, where as my white girlfriends sleep with men soon as they meet them--literally. My white girlfriends have slept around a lot and used drugs and have gotten married with no problem. My black girlfriends, most of whom are educated, conservative and professional women who "love Jesus" or otherwise religious and can't even get dates--and they are very good women with values. Yet they only meet men who just want sex or married men looking for affairs.

We have to ask why white women are more likely to marry. And it's not because they are better or more virtous (trust me the promiscuous women I have known were mostly white women). It's because they are more valued simply because they are white, and black women are devalued simply for being black--that's it, that's all.

Men of other races value and respect their women. Black men are the first ones to throw their women under the bus because they also value light skin.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
White women are no more virtuous than black women yet they are 500% more likely to marry than black women. Most of the black women I know are either celibate by choice because they can't find decent men or simply haven't had sex in a long time because they can't find decent men to date and are holding out for something meaningful, where as my white girlfriends sleep with men soon as they meet them--literally. My white girlfriends have slept around a lot and used drugs and have gotten married with no problem. My black girlfriends, most of whom are educated, conservative and professional women who "love Jesus" or otherwise religious and can't even get dates--and they are very good women with values. Yet they only meet men who just want sex or married men looking for affairs.

We have to ask why white women are more likely to marry. And it's not because they are better or more virtous (trust me the promiscuous women I have known were mostly white women). It's because they are more valued simply because they are white, and black women are devalued simply for being black--that's it, that's all.

Men of other races value and respect their women. Black men are the first ones to throw their women under the bus because they also value light skin.

I think is becuase the white girls typically date white dudes and thus have a much bigger and diverse pool of food men. Black women, not so much.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:23 PM

2,047 posts, read 3,875,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I don't know why, but the bolded part made me giggle. Honestly, I've never seen so many guys fixated on good cooking until I came to this forum! I think limiting oneself to one race of men in 2012 is just plain silly.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:38 PM

486 posts, read 864,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinka72 View Post
Wow, had to stoop to the B level, huh? All Black women are not fat but the majority of them are. There were tons of other posters, men at that, who agreed with what she said and I for one, know what she said is true. Get this, lots of Black men do not like fat women but they will not admit it.

Who's the bitter one now?

This ridiculous! Most black women are not fat. There may be a considerable amount that are fat but there is a considerable amount in all races that are fat. Obesity is an american problem. Saying all black women are fat is like saying all white women are anorexic. It sounds stupid and it is not supported by facts.

To clarify, I am not bitter nor is the other posted. Just irritated that black women always have to come under attack to support someone's preferences. Like what you like, don't shoot us down in the process. The original posted could have said I prefer thin women, my white male friends prefer thin women. I don't remember reading any posts saying I am a black woman looking for a white man. The original post stating white men don't like black women because they are fat came way out of left field and was off topic. It's a darn shame that the subject of this post is "Heterosexual dating in ATL" and somehow it has becoming a burning at the stake of black women. Since we are just shooting off things, I will say all white women are anorexic and black men don't like anorexic women. Sounds real stupid, huh?

Old 07-28-2012, 02:43 PM

486 posts, read 864,053 times
Quote:

Those stats are based on straight height and weight. Black women are genetically differenct from white women. We carry more muscle tone and more gluteal muscles. White women tend to be more frail.... Find some statistics that actually look at weight, fat, muscle mass, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta