U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 05:35 PM

439 posts, read 697,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Women are just superficial in Atlanta. While I'm not the catch of a year, I always had issues keeping women in Atlanta interested. For one, I have never drove. It's mainly because I don't like driving, but women always assumed it was because I don't have a car. I had a really good successful career in Atlanta working in IT, and I made pretty good money. women knew that, but the fact I didn't have a car was a deal breaker. They though I was a faker or something. Keep in mind I always took women to nice restaraunts, and paid their way. I was always polite, and I've always been a superb conversationalist. But very few were unable to get around the fact I simply didn't drive. despite in most cases us both living ITP Atlanta, where busing was less of an issue. I can understand the issue with ITP vs OTP.

Also I love to play video games, and I'm even a tournament level gamer. Tons of black women tell me I'm too old and too immature to play such games. Or that I take them too seriously, and I should think about other hobbies. The last reason is that I don't have a degree, which automatically turned a lot of women off. But the fact is, I made close to 100k which is a ton of money in Atlanta. But the fact I didn't have a degree, they were skeptical about me.

I just think women in Atlanta are too materialistic, arrogant, and finnicky. The smallest things turn them off, but the dumbest things turn them on. For example, I've never been a great dresser, but to women in Atlanta that's the greatest sin. I mean I can dress when the time calls for it, but i'm relaxed when off the clock. Atlanta women have a problem with that. I personally could never quite figure out what the majority of black women in Atlanta were looking for. Honestly I stopped caring years ago.

The dating scene is worse where I am now, in Seattle where I've seen like 10 black women in the week I've been here. Tons of whites and asians, and a few gave me looks. I'm clearly not what most black women are looking for in either case, but it's a damn shame I'm almost forced to date interracially.

Wow, you should live in CA or NYC, or even MD. They will not care up here. My husband is and has always been a gamer. He played in tournaments in his teens and still has the privilege to test some games before release. I never had a problem with that. That is what he does, it is his thing, his hobby. I have no right to intervene. He sometimes spends an entire weekend playing. I sometimes watch him and play a bit. He has 'geek-nerd parties' and has his gamer friends play in the house together.

Interestingly, his Mom told me to have him stop playing because of the same stupid reason: he is too old for that! As to I replied: As opposed to what? Chasing women in bars and ***** clubs like your ex-husband did? That shut her up with the non-sense. He can play all day. I cook all his favorites snacks, foods and brew sweet tea ALL DAY.

Women have this obsession with trying to change people. They do that with their men, family and friends. It is very selfish. Plus they are the worse at trying to change men because of their timing. Some men will change and take your advice but you both will have to go through some stuff for that to happen. Sorry to read your dating life has not improved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 06:04 PM

513 posts, read 774,845 times

Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
Reading this thread has been like slowing down to look at a wreck on I-85; you know it's going to be a mess, but you take a look anyway!
pretttttty much, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta