U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:25 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,419,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaci View Post
Where are they????? lol Seriously???
There are plenty here. I have plenty of male friends that are looking for the ONE. People get married here every weekend. The main problem I see are people going to events outside of the nightclub to meet different people. Most people stay with their circle of friends the entire time they are out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaci View Post
I actually would agree with this statement. I am newly divorced and I see no chance of getting remarried in ATL. Heck, dating for that matter. First off, I live in the suburbs, there are no single men in my area. Second, the men that I have met over 30 are single by choice, nothing serious is on the horizon for them. I think because there are so many women to men, they get sex very easy and that's all they want. I'm not interested in freely giving out my cookies, so no chance of that. I was speaking with my cousin, she has been here 17 years. All of her relationships have been long distance relationships. ATL is not the place for a single woman....

Here is this often. Women think Morris Chestnut is going to knock on their door with a wedding ring. You have to get out the house and meet people. They just are not going to show up at your door. You will have the same problem in other cities not just here. You have to do more than go to work and go home. Go to networking events, bbq's, join professional organizations, church groups, etc.

The main issue is that back in the day it was the norm to get married. It isnt like that today. Women from the ages of 18-27 have the advantage with their youthful looks. When those looks begin to fade once they reach their early 30s. Most men have the advantage in their 30s because now they can date women older than them, their same age and women younger than them. Women need to lock down a man in their mid 20s because it is going to be too much competition against them when they are in their 30s.

Last edited by tonygeorgia; 07-15-2012 at 08:04 PM..

Old 07-15-2012, 08:07 PM

21,041 posts, read 33,049,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfilms View Post
most southern woman are pressured to marry by 28. They are only active in the bar scene for 2-3 years. Any woman having problems is probably too old, since the straight men who are unmarried by 30 typically have issues and are undesirable.
What? These 'What is wrong with dating in X city?' threads are always so sad and misguided. If you want to get your head around the problem, take a long hard look in the mirror...and take it to the Relationships Forum. It's not Atlanta's problem.

Last edited by Iconographer; 07-15-2012 at 08:28 PM..

Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 PM

369 posts, read 533,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
I think its an excuse for some woman. I agree some men have issues and agendas. I also agree that Atlanta has an abundance of woman who seem physically attractive, educated and successful. However looking good on paper doesn't make you a good catch. I know plenty of women who move to Atlanta and found no problem dating and/or finding a husband, so to "only some/not all" of these woman complaining maybe it's time for a little self reflection.

I also have women friends from NY, NJ, MD, PA and DC and they too complain about not enough men in there respective areas.

So where are the all men? I know; they are all in jail, all gay, too tall, too short, too corporate, not corporate enough, blue-collar, too aggressive, too passive, too passive agressive, they all lie, cheat, steal, they're all too lazy, not independent, too independent, too ghetto, to bourgeois, blah, blah, blah...yackety yackety schmackety...
There you have it LOL!

Old 07-15-2012, 09:56 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,855,129 times
Women are just superficial in Atlanta. While I'm not the catch of a year, I always had issues keeping women in Atlanta interested. For one, I have never drove. It's mainly because I don't like driving, but women always assumed it was because I don't have a car. I had a really good successful career in Atlanta working in IT, and I made pretty good money. women knew that, but the fact I didn't have a car was a deal breaker. They though I was a faker or something. Keep in mind I always took women to nice restaraunts, and paid their way. I was always polite, and I've always been a superb conversationalist. But very few were unable to get around the fact I simply didn't drive. despite in most cases us both living ITP Atlanta, where busing was less of an issue. I can understand the issue with ITP vs OTP.

Also I love to play video games, and I'm even a tournament level gamer. Tons of black women tell me I'm too old and too immature to play such games. Or that I take them too seriously, and I should think about other hobbies. The last reason is that I don't have a degree, which automatically turned a lot of women off. But the fact is, I made close to 100k which is a ton of money in Atlanta. But the fact I didn't have a degree, they were skeptical about me.

I just think women in Atlanta are too materialistic, arrogant, and finnicky. The smallest things turn them off, but the dumbest things turn them on. For example, I've never been a great dresser, but to women in Atlanta that's the greatest sin. I mean I can dress when the time calls for it, but i'm relaxed when off the clock. Atlanta women have a problem with that. I personally could never quite figure out what the majority of black women in Atlanta were looking for. Honestly I stopped caring years ago.

The dating scene is worse where I am now, in Seattle where I've seen like 10 black women in the week I've been here. Tons of whites and asians, and a few gave me looks. I'm clearly not what most black women are looking for in either case, but it's a damn shame I'm almost forced to date interracially.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 AM

3,635 posts, read 3,902,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Women are just superficial in Atlanta. I just think women in Atlanta are too materialistic, arrogant, and finnicky. The smallest things turn them off, but the dumbest things turn them on. For example, I've never been a great dresser, but to women in Atlanta that's the greatest sin. I mean I can dress when the time calls for it, but i'm relaxed when off the clock. Atlanta women have a problem with that.
Very true!!!!

Old 07-16-2012, 06:08 AM

91 posts, read 248,366 times
That video game thing is a deal breaker for most women. Just saying

Old 07-16-2012, 07:41 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,992,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagadawgs View Post
That video game thing is a deal breaker for most women. Just saying
Yep, I hate those things. Any guy who wants to sit in front of a video game or ESPN all day is a complete turnoff. I would like to meet a guy who likes to go out to eat (it could be waffle house for all I care), see art, watch old and independant movies, or just hang out and watch the world go by. I am not sure if such a man exists, especially for a women in her forties.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 AM

What about the ish women do that I don't like? Always wanting to spend our money, wanted us to watch bs tv shows,etc. They should be happy he is at home playing those games instead of being out in the streets

Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 AM

1,864 posts, read 1,967,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
It's all bull****. There are a ton of gays but also a ton of lesbians too. My girlfriend was hit on recently by two because she was wearing my flannel shirt. Don't believe the hype.

There may be a slight truth to it but on the east coast and south in general there are more women then men. If you are willing to date outside your race you will find more then enough men to keep your weekends and sheets busy.
there are definitely more gay guys than lesbians, I would say the ratio has got to be at least 3 to 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta