U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:10 AM

4,688 posts, read 6,419,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
there are definitely more gay guys than lesbians, I would say the ratio has got to be at least 3 to 1.
Well we can add the strippers to the female count to even it up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 08:48 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,490,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagadawgs View Post
That video game thing is a deal breaker for most women. Just saying
He may need to stick to nerds then.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Women are just superficial in Atlanta. While I'm not the catch of a year, I always had issues keeping women in Atlanta interested. For one, I have never drove. It's mainly because I don't like driving, but women always assumed it was because I don't have a car. I had a really good successful career in Atlanta working in IT, and I made pretty good money. women knew that, but the fact I didn't have a car was a deal breaker. They though I was a faker or something. Keep in mind I always took women to nice restaraunts, and paid their way. I was always polite, and I've always been a superb conversationalist. But very few were unable to get around the fact I simply didn't drive. despite in most cases us both living ITP Atlanta, where busing was less of an issue. I can understand the issue with ITP vs OTP.

Also I love to play video games, and I'm even a tournament level gamer. Tons of black women tell me I'm too old and too immature to play such games. Or that I take them too seriously, and I should think about other hobbies. The last reason is that I don't have a degree, which automatically turned a lot of women off. But the fact is, I made close to 100k which is a ton of money in Atlanta. But the fact I didn't have a degree, they were skeptical about me.

I just think women in Atlanta are too materialistic, arrogant, and finnicky. The smallest things turn them off, but the dumbest things turn them on. For example, I've never been a great dresser, but to women in Atlanta that's the greatest sin. I mean I can dress when the time calls for it, but i'm relaxed when off the clock. Atlanta women have a problem with that. I personally could never quite figure out what the majority of black women in Atlanta were looking for. Honestly I stopped caring years ago.

The dating scene is worse where I am now, in Seattle where I've seen like 10 black women in the week I've been here. Tons of whites and asians, and a few gave me looks. I'm clearly not what most black women are looking for in either case, but it's a damn shame I'm almost forced to date interracially.

Bro, 2 suggestions for you.

Your an IT dude who enjoys gaming, so you need to be like me and

1. Date nerd black girls only .

2. Date interacially.

Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
Yep, I hate those things. Any guy who wants to sit in front of a video game or ESPN all day is a complete turnoff. I would like to meet a guy who likes to go out to eat (it could be waffle house for all I care), see art, watch old and independant movies, or just hang out and watch the world go by. I am not sure if such a man exists, especially for a women in her forties.
This mindset is hilarious.

Lol, the fact that you think he just sits around and games all day just becuase he likes and is really good proves proves the point about finnikiness.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:16 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,992,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
This mindset is hilarious.

Lol, the fact that you think he just sits around and games all day just becuase he likes and is really good proves proves the point about finnikiness.
I am not finicky, I just like a man who knows that there is more to life than just sitting in front of a screen.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
I am not finicky, I just like a man who knows that there is more to life than just sitting in front of a screen.
The dude simply stated he liked and was good with gaming and you assume his whole life revolves around "sitting in front of tv screen". That is exactly the attitude all the guys have been talking about. Why so many women are single. It's finniky and franky absurd assumptions based on one hobby that turns you away from a good guy.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 AM

4,688 posts, read 6,419,588 times
Women don't want to compete against the video games for his attention

Old 07-16-2012, 10:41 AM

3,635 posts, read 3,900,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
True. All I can think of is the show "Big Bang Theory", which is absolutely hilarious. Women typically don't like professional football either. I say professional football because they seem to love college football. My interests include football, working out, movies, grilling out, entertaining friends (if I have a woman who can help me cook), weekend getaways, hiking, comedy clubs, concerts, etc. So I have pretty diverse interests and no single one takes up so much time that a woman would get annoyed (except maybe football, but still a small amount of time compared to a lot of guys). So I don't get it. Quit complaining that there's not good guys out there who also happen to be decent looking (full head of hair and well groomed) and in decent shape (I'm 6'0", 185lbs, but I am NOT a competitive bodybuilder, nor will I ever be). What more do you ladies want?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:48 AM

1,603 posts, read 2,689,461 times
My SO plays videogames ... he tries to get me to play to but I can't get out of the menu screen - LOL I see nothing wrong with playing videogames as long as it is balanced with other social and physical activities. What's the big deal? If a woman has a problem with a man having a hobby, then clearly she's the one with a serious problem.

I guess this is an Atlanta thing. A lot of men I know play videogames, but they also hike, camp, play golf, boat, play musical instruments, etc ... My best friend is married to a gamer and she plays to. It's their thing. I think the poster needs to find a woman who is secure enough to let her man have activities outside of her. Personally, I would never want my man's life to revolve around me. He doesn't run off to see bands with me all the time - but that's my thing. See how that balances out?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I don't get how it's seen as a all or nothing thing. You can say the same for any hobby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta