U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:59 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,487,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
My SO plays videogames ... he tries to get me to play to but I can't get out of the menu screen - LOL I see nothing wrong with playing videogames as long as it is balanced with other social and physical activities. What's the big deal? If a woman has a problem with a man having a hobby, then clearly she's the one with a serious problem.

I guess this is an Atlanta thing. A lot of men I know play videogames, but they also hike, camp, play golf, boat, play musical instruments, etc ... My best friend is married to a gamer and she plays to. It's their thing. I think the poster needs to find a woman who is secure enough to let her man have activities outside of her. Personally, I would never want my man's life to revolve around me. He doesn't run off to see bands with me all the time - but that's my thing. See how that balances out?
Thank you. This attitude is why you aren't single and it sounds like you have a great guy.

I and my friends game too but that doesn't mean we don't leave the house for other activities or have other hobbies like martial arts ,disc golf, art, and volunteering. Sounds a lot women are lacking common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 11:06 AM

5,207 posts, read 5,962,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrudaluknglass View Post
Ive heard women in ATL say there are no "available men" in ATL and often are complacent with "sharing men" I have heard this from several heterosexual women who are professional doctors, lawyers, vets, etc. I have also had an ex boyfriend advise me not to move to ATL with the intent of having a positive dating experience due to a astronomical ration of women to men. My question for women of ATL is to weigh in on these comments and give your personal opinions of dating in Atlanta.

Just from being on the outside looking in it seems the odds (Down-low men, homosexuals, and ratio of women to men) are against us. Thanks.
Atlanta is the perfect city for black women to live & come up. Many companies here love to hire black women, come on down

Old 07-16-2012, 12:26 PM

263 posts, read 465,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
True. All I can think of is the show "Big Bang Theory", which is absolutely hilarious. Women typically don't like professional football either. I say professional football because they seem to love college football. My interests include football, working out, movies, grilling out, entertaining friends (if I have a woman who can help me cook), weekend getaways, hiking, comedy clubs, concerts, etc. So I have pretty diverse interests and no single one takes up so much time that a woman would get annoyed (except maybe football, but still a small amount of time compared to a lot of guys). So I don't get it. Quit complaining that there's not good guys out there who also happen to be decent looking (full head of hair and well groomed) and in decent shape (I'm 6'0", 185lbs, but I am NOT a competitive bodybuilder, nor will I ever be). What more do you ladies want?
Chemistry.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 PM

3,616 posts, read 3,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabella View Post
Chemistry.
Thats a weak answer. We all want that.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:08 PM

176 posts, read 298,900 times
I want to thank everyone for giving their opinions on this topic. Its really interesting to read some of the comments.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Atlanta: A great place for man to move to. Not so much for a black woman.
Totally disagree with this. Atlanta is a great city for women. Everything a woman could ever want is in Atlanta.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:33 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,403,041 times
It's over 2.5 million men in Atlanta. You should be able to find one

Old 07-16-2012, 01:53 PM

176 posts, read 298,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Totally disagree with this. Atlanta is a great city for women. Everything a woman could ever want is in Atlanta.

I sense some sarcasm in that statement If not, please explain you POV.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:11 PM

20,893 posts, read 32,892,157 times
I think I just OD'd on Pathetic.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Eligible white women and eligible white men may be more even.

However, eligible black women vs. eliglible black men--definitely skewed.
Atlanta has plnty of good looking, well paid , felonie free single black men. Many of them hae a problem mating because there just isn't enough single black women in Atlanta, more single black should move to Atlanta, so that they can stake their claim. Atlanta has a shortage of single professional black women & I say we need more here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta