U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 07:59 PM

178 posts, read 299,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelnic View Post
LOL. I'm already here..been here for 3 years now. I think I'll pass though, dont think that's my type.heh.

are you female? what has been your perspective having been living in atl for 3 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 PM

37 posts, read 38,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrudaluknglass View Post
are you female? what has been your perspective having been living in atl for 3 years?
Yes... Personally, my dating experience havent been good. I cant complain too much, because it's mainly my fault .....bad work schedule, my interests, places I go, the fact that I feel like i dont particularly "fit in" anywhere, im kinda shy, etc. Also, I'm too picky, but at the same time, very flexible and open minded. I've "settled" and "talked to/dated" some guys just to do something, but nothing has come of it. I just havent met a man with the the type of balance I need. I'm 27, but I'm not TOO pressed about it... still just trying to chill and be patient. Even though most of my friends are married & and/or have kids , I wouldnt trade my situation for theirs!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 PM

178 posts, read 299,338 times
Quote:
LOL. I'm already here..been here for 3 years now. I think I'll pass though, dont think that's my type.heh.
Quote:
Yes... Personally, my dating experience havent been good. I cant complain too much, because it's mainly my fault .....bad work schedule, my interests, places I go, the fact that I feel like i dont particularly "fit in" anywhere, im kinda shy, etc. Also, I'm too picky, but at the same time, very flexible and open minded. I've "settled" and "talked to/dated" some guys just to do something, but nothing has come of it. I just havent met a man with the the type of balance I need. I'm 27, but I'm not TOO pressed about it... still just trying to chill and be patient. Even though most of my friends are married & and/or have kids , I wouldnt trade my situation for theirs!

Girl I love your thought process. Everything you said is like me standing in front a mirror saying it to my damn self.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:11 AM

3,315 posts, read 3,764,262 times
I'm a single female living in Atlanta for many years. I have no prospects for even as much as a dinner date, much less anything else. Men don't even want to take women on dates anymore. They just want to try to pull that lame "Let's watch a movie at my/your place " bs in an effort to get in your pants but not have to take you on a real date. These types I quickly tell to get lost.

I go out and I've had several ads up over the years and nothing. I date interacially and nothing. Men find me attractive but will not ask me out. When I ask them out I get turned down, or they say they want to go out but never follow through. But I mostly find men are not interested than anything more than sex.

It took me a long time--too long--to figure out that I need to leave Atlanta if I want to find a mate. So I have to work on getting out of here.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:22 AM

4,688 posts, read 6,406,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
I'm a single female living in Atlanta for many years. I have no prospects for even as much as a dinner date, much less anything else. Men don't even want to take women on dates anymore. They just want to try to pull that lame "Let's watch a movie at my/your place " bs in an effort to get in your pants but not have to take you on a real date. These types I quickly tell to get lost.

I go out and I've had several ads up over the years and nothing. I date interacially and nothing. Men find me attractive but will not ask me out. When I ask them out I get turned down, or they say they want to go out but never follow through. But I mostly find men are not interested than anything more than sex.

It took me a long time--too long--to figure out that I need to leave Atlanta if I want to find a mate. So I have to work on getting out of here.
I need for you to stop blaming Atlanta for your shortcoming. It is over 2.5 million men here and you can't find one. Don't blame Atlanta. If you are a catch men would not have no problem wifing you up. You need to look at yourself first. What do you bring to the table? Can you cook? Are you submissive? Do you have an attitude problem? Do you have baggage? Etc. The marriage rate is at an all time low nationwide not just here. Men are not pressured to get married today like it was back in the day. Remember you are competing against other women. If you or anyone else are not bringing anything to the table we have no reason to pay for a date. I advise women to keep their debt low, pay off their student loan, etc. It's the same way in other cities unless you live in a small city with a large military base. Not bashing you but too many people fill entitled to go out on dates and those are the same people that never go out, have bad attitudes, nag too much,etc

Last edited by tonygeorgia; 07-20-2012 at 06:36 AM..

Old 07-20-2012, 06:35 AM

37 posts, read 38,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I need for you to stop blaming Atlanta for your shortcoming. It is over 2.5 million men here and you can't find one. Don't blame Atlanta. If you are a catch men would not have no problem wifing you up. You need to look at yourself first. What do you bring to the table? Can you cook? Are you submissive? Do you have an attitude problem? Do you have baggage? Etc

I agree with Tony. As you see I didnt blame Atlanta, nor the the men. I know there are things I could do to better my chances.I think I'm a decent catch, I work, have a degree, supportive,submissive, can cook, good atttitude/sense of humor, zero baggage,open minded, flexible, etc. etc.... However, what Atlanta_BD said is accurate. I probably see that scenario more often than not.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:47 AM

Tony must be black. Typical of a black man to use a woman's cooking skills as her inability attract a mate. I'm an excellent cook. I have cooked for the few men I've dated here. That didn't make them want to marry me.

I know plenty of women of all races who cook and clean for their men, only to be dumped. Cooking and cleaning is not why men choose a mate. That's a myth.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I agree with Tony. As you see I didnt blame Atlanta, nor the the men. I know there are things I could do to better my chances.I think I'm a decent catch, I work, have a degree, supportive,submissive, can cook, good atttitude/sense of humor, zero baggage,open minded, flexible, etc. etc.... However, what Atlanta_BD said is accurate. I probably see that scenario more often than not.
It's not hard. Just go out, dress nice and go hang out. Do not stand around with the people you came with. Women always have that one hating friend and more men will approach you if you are not with your girls. If you are standing by yourself at least 8 guys will Holla at you. Just smile and have a good attitude. It's not that hard to do. Join networking organizations, join a church, volunteer, travel, go to festivals,etc. What kind of vibe do you give off? If you give out a bad vibe guys will move to the next girl in a heartbeat.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:51 AM

Why can't men accept that every woman who can't find anyone doesn't always have to have something wrong with her?

There are plenty of good people who simply just can't find anyone.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Why can't men accept that every woman who can't find anyone doesn't always have to have something wrong with her?

There are plenty of good people who simply just can't find anyone.
Generally something is wrong with her or she is too picky or something she is doing is wrong. Someone may be a good person but that does not mean they are dating material. Just because someone has a good job and a 836 credit score doea not mean they are a good catch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta