Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:43 AM

19 posts, read 76,986 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was looking to do the park and ride option at the airport but according to their website (Maps and Directions - Parking), it's not very clear on how to get to the park and ride lots A, B, and C. Has anyone done this?

What's the exact directions to get there and how long does it take to shuttle from the lots to the terminals?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:57 AM

725 posts, read 1,278,850 times
I personally prefer to take MARTA to the Airport. However if you are going to drive I highly recomened using on of the off site lots off of camp creek.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:00 AM

11 posts, read 21,648 times
I have two coupons that I got in the mail that I'm saving for my upcoming travels.

One is from Park and Fly. It is 15% off. Airport Parking | Parking at Airport | Best Airport Parking

The other coupon is for off-site parking. It is $8.10 per day (15% off) OR $11.50 per day (15% off) for covered parking during the week. Their website is PreFlight Airport Parking

I have used off-site parking companies many times before in DC and Baltimore. In my experience, they're the way to go.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:03 AM

thanks for the tip. I've taken the MARTA before but this time around I need access to my car right away from the airport... why do you recommend the offsite lots as opposed to the ParkRide lots from the airport?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
I have two coupons that I got in the mail that I'm saving for my upcoming travels.

One is from Park and Fly. It is 15% off. Airport Parking | Parking at Airport | Best Airport Parking

The other coupon is for off-site parking. It is $8.10 per day (15% off) OR $11.50 per day (15% off) for covered parking during the week. Their website is PreFlight Airport Parking

I have used off-site parking companies many times before in DC and Baltimore. In my experience, they're the way to go.
I also looked up Park and Fly parking off site at Atlanta with that 15% off coupon, but the price they offered doesn't seem that much off a difference from what Atlanta-Airport offers from their Lots A B C? I think it comes down to around either $8/day for the ParkNFly offsite or $9/day from Atl-Airport lots A, B, and C. And these latter lots seem much closer to the terminals which I'm assuming would save me a lot of time... Am I missing something here?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:08 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
I use the 'off' airport parking lots like Park&Ride Park/fly ... . They pick you up at your car, and let you off at the curb, Pickups are down past the rental car train, and run around every 5 mn or so. And they drop you again right at your car. and mostly wait for you to get in and start it at night.

PS... The On Airport Bus for the OnAiport Long Term lots seen to take forever to get around the lots, and you need to get all your stuff from you car to the pickup points and they let you off at the drop points and you have to haul all your stuff down to your car.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
I use the 'off' airport parking lots like Park&Ride Park/fly ... . They pick you up at your car, and let you off at the curb, Pickups are down past the rental car train, and run around every 5 mn or so. And they drop you again right at your car. and mostly wait for you to get in and start it at night.

PS... The On Airport Bus for the OnAiport Long Term lots seen to take forever to get around the lots, and you need to get all your stuff from you car to the pickup points and they let you off at the drop points and you have to haul all your stuff down to your car.
Wait, so do you mean that lots such as Park 'N Fly on Camp Creek road have shuttles that are much quicker than shuttles to the on-site parking lots such as Park-Ride lots A, B, and C?

Old 07-26-2012, 01:04 PM
fzx

399 posts, read 511,580 times
I usually park at Wally on weekends. It has year around coupons (park 2 + days with one day off) that could end up approx. 8.00/day covered parking. Commute is very reasonable as it is located within I285 and there is approx. no waiting time after I park my car.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 PM

284 posts, read 590,368 times
I used the park/ride lot C (usually take MARTA, but also needed my car right away upon returning). $8/day, and they do a AAA discount. We got picked up at our car before we could pull our bags out (at 800 am on a Fri) and were at the terminal in 5mins if that. On the return (5pm sunday) there were 2 empty shuttles waiting outside the terminal and they took our party directly to our car, no waiting for the bus to "fill up."

Usually I just get dropped off at a MARTA station, but if a car has to be involved, Park/Ride seems to be cheaper and quicker than, say, paying $8/day to park at Lindbergh, with a 20-30 min trip to/from the airport and additional $5 in MARTA fares.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:03 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,764,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm411 View Post
thanks for the tip. I've taken the MARTA before but this time around I need access to my car right away from the airport... why do you recommend the offsite lots as opposed to the ParkRide lots from the airport?
I'm a frequent flier and I often use MARTA or the off-site lot: The Parking Spot (they also have two other locations). It is 2 minutes further down Camp Creek than some of the other lots, but often cheaper and their buses are always clean.

The reasons I prefer off site parking is partly that I have to travel with alot of luggage. They pick me up in a mini bus right at my car and then drop me off right at the terminal curb. At the airport parking, especially the cheaper parking, there is normally a small hike. That walk isn't bad w/o luggage, but an extra hassle with. (Now to be fair... leaving the airport getting back to your car...there is a small walk to the off-site transportation bays. They don't pick you up right on the curb where they drop you off.)

It is also a bit cheaper, especially with coupons and longer-term parking. The Parking spot website has a 25% coupon with a saturday night stay (15% without) (so about $7/day roughly speaking). If cheap is important... a few of the MARTA stations (not many) offer cheaper parking. They are places where commuters use to drive to take the train into town, but have become overgrown and commuters no longer access the parking deck as easily. I go to Dunwoody...hard to get to during rush hour, but that isn't a problem for me. Parking there is $5/day, but it is $8/day at most stations.

I know some off-site lots have deals for AAA members. I don't know if they have it now, but WallyPark use to. I don't use them anymore, but they were good when I did and the AAA discount was nice at the time.

Now the bad about offsite parking... simply... you need to go to their website, price shop, and then get the directions to get there ahead of time. You can't simply follow the signs for the airport and then follow the parking sign...

You get off the freeway at the same exit as the airport, but then you need to exit onto camp creek parkway and then it is up to you to find the off-site lot you chose. (use their website + google maps ?)

I also will say offsite parking probably adds 5 minutes to my trip each way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta