Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 05:09 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times

Advertisements

Alright. Think I am going to have to be an ITP snob: I don't know of anyone the lives & works in the city limits that has had major issues with this storm. MARTA trains have been running. I have actually enjoyed this snow day. There are a lot of great reasons to live in the great city neighborhoods in Atlanta. One of which is that I am drunk right now. Hope everyone is safe, if there is anything else that I can do to help from where I am just let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 05:12 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,567 times
agree

Old 01-29-2014, 05:13 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Anyone who lives near a Marta station probably didn't have much trouble.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:20 PM

858 posts, read 1,385,309 times
LOL, by "anything else" do you mean other than smugly flaunting your lack of trouble?

Anyway, I know how you feel. Everyone around here has been walking around, laughing, and enjoying themselves since the snow started falling yesterday. It's been icy and I saw a little traffic jam around lunchtime yesterday but everything has been flowing freely ever since. I'm usually the first one to defend the burbs when ITP snobs s**t all over them but my first thought about this whole thing was that the drawbacks of Atlanta's car culture are really showing now. The trains have indeed been running and of course there's nothing more reliable than your own two feet... they even work on ice as long as you take it slowly

This really was a suburban disaster more than an Atlanta one. It's kind of a shame that Atlanta proper is going to catch all the flak for this when the city itself really didn't have too many problems outside what you'd normally expect.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:24 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
LOL, by "anything else" do you mean other than smugly flaunting your lack of trouble?

Old 01-29-2014, 05:29 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,644,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Alright. Think I am going to have to be an ITP snob: I don't know of anyone the lives & works in the city limits that has had major issues with this storm. MARTA trains have been running. I have actually enjoyed this snow day. There are a lot of great reasons to live in the great city neighborhoods in Atlanta. One of which is that I am drunk right now. Hope everyone is safe, if there is anything else that I can do to help from where I am just let me know.

I agree with you! When it snowed back in the day, everything use to shut down and we would have fun outside. Money and politics has changed that!

Old 01-29-2014, 05:31 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,120,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
I agree with you! When it snowed back in the day, everything use to shut down and we would have fun outside. Money and politics has changed that!
People just want something to ***** about.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:28 PM

668 posts, read 994,395 times
When things started looking ugly yesterday Marta was going to be my fallback but the fire at 5 Points changed all that, so I wouldn't say that Marta wasn't having any trouble.

I will say as a native Midwesterner who spent many winters playing outside, the Candler Park golf course offers the best sledding I've ever seen. Hills of all sizes and difficulties in every direction, people were even out there on their snowboards. It did make me feel a little bad for all my OTP friends who were posting pictures of their kids sledding 5 feet down their driveway while mine were ending their umpteenth 400 foot run of the day. It almost makes me wish we had more snow days in Atlanta. Almost.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:47 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
People just want something to ***** about.
not sure what you mean? Are you for or against all the traffic jams?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: