Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:14 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I don't even know why President Obama even bothers to visit or campaign in Georgia since he isn't going to win your state anyways.
My guess is one word....MONEY. He can come here and hob nob with the mostly minority Democrat machine and sell expensive dinner plates. Not saying there's anything wrong with him doing that, but that would be my guess as to why he comes back here.

Plus, I think he's hoping as a long shot that he might make some traction here. Georgia is a bigger player these days with our 16 electoral votes, and if he could somehow pull off an upset, that's the equivalent of Michigan and just 2 short of Ohio. Only FL, NY, OH and PA have more electoral votes east of the Mississippi in 2012. In fact, GA is in the top 10 of electoral votes nationally now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 04:11 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
^ That may be true but Georgia's Electoral votes are worthless to Obama anyways. He lost your state in 2008 by 5% to McCain. Are you guys being bombarded with political ads 24/7 from both sides like we are?

Old 07-17-2012, 05:00 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,146 times
Quote:
^ That may be true but Georgia's Electoral votes are worthless to Obama anyways. He lost your state in 2008 by 5% to McCain. Are you guys being bombarded with political ads 24/7 from both sides like we are?
No. I haven't seen one political ad on local tv yet.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:42 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
And eating a hot dog once in a while in no way goes against the concept of maintaining a healthy, balanced diet. In fact, many, if not most healthy eating/exercise plans ENCOURAGE you to have a cheat meal once in a while. After all, it's simply not possible to go through life without eating junk food periodically.

Therefore, all this talk about Obama being a hypocrite for eating a Varsity hot dog while encouraging healthy eating (via his wife) is nothing but ignorant blather.
And there you have it. Rep point for you.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:58 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
Quote:
Lately I have been seeing RNC sponsored ads on MSNBC.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 AM

30 posts, read 67,336 times
so sick of this wannabe celebrity and poor excuse for a president...

And no folks I did not give either Bush a pass either, both bushes spent too much and grew the size of Gov neither were true Conservatives.. They were both Progressive republicans..

Romney may not be perfect but at least he loves this country and is not a Communist..

If people can't see there is a clear choice this go around we are truly sunk and will get what we deserve..

Old 07-23-2012, 07:14 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPBUCK62 View Post

And no folks I did not give either Bush a pass either, both bushes spent too much and grew the size of Gov neither were true Conservatives.. They were both Progressive republicans..

Romney may not be perfect but at least he loves this country and is not a Communist..

If people can't see there is a clear choice this go around we are truly sunk and will get what we deserve..
What does this blather have to do with the topic, or with Atlanta? Take this garbage to the politics forum.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:55 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,690,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
What does this blather have to do with the topic, or with Atlanta? Take this garbage to the politics forum.
I love how liberals get mad when a conservative voices their opinion! I thought they were so open and accepting!

Old 07-23-2012, 08:01 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
I love how liberals get mad when a conservative voices their opinion! I thought they were so open and accepting!
Very weak response. If it were on topic, I would have said nothing.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:08 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,690,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPBUCK62 View Post

Thank you!

And First Lady Michelle Obama's weight loss program is just another nanny state idea. When I heard about the whole Beyonce thing I was disgusted; if a Republican did that it would be unprofessional, etc. in the liberals opinion.

I love the food stamp ads because we need more government leaches! My wife found it racist being in the ad that they used black women.(she is black/white) My wife thinks Al Sharpton and many other "liberal black leaders" act like blacks cannot accomplish anything for themselves. My wife was a single mother for a few years and paid for two children in private schools, no child support from the ex husband, no government handouts, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta