U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 10:34 PM

439 posts, read 699,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Varsity chili dogs are world famous? They don't taste world famous? To me, Varsity food are the Kardasians of the fast food world. Famous for being famous. No substance.
Another Atlantan diatribe claim. There's nothing 'world' famous about the Varsity. The Varsity is an Atlanta institution only known in Atlanta, GA and to a few people who visited and were told about it. No one around the world knows of the Varsity much less its 'food'. The Varsity is not the White House (known world-wide), not the Statue of Liberty and much less the Eiffel Tower. The pretentiousness of some people here is unbearable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 02:30 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,313,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
The dude ate a hot dog. You are the one who used this great achievement to praise him. Weak liberal trolling.

What is this MSNBC?

But then again, it can't be. This little board has users/viewers.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:42 AM

3,985 posts, read 4,588,672 times
well, i love the varsity. i've never had better onion rings.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:15 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,183,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinka72 View Post
Another Atlantan diatribe claim. There's nothing 'world' famous about the Varsity. The Varsity is an Atlanta institution only known in Atlanta, GA and to a few people who visited and were told about it. No one around the world knows of the Varsity much less its 'food'. The Varsity is not the White House (known world-wide), not the Statue of Liberty and much less the Eiffel Tower. The pretentiousness of some people here is unbearable.
But...but....but.....the cans of chili that you can buy there say "World Famous Varsity Chili", and their wbesite says they're world famous, so it must be correct, no???

Old 07-03-2012, 08:17 AM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,534,144 times
Quote:
The dude ate a hot dog. You are the one who used this great achievement to praise him. Weak liberal trolling.

What is this MSNBC?

But then again, it can't be. This little board has users/viewers.
Actually, genius, you used this thread to bash him (and his wife...how classy of you) before anyone supposedly praised him. See posts 4 and 15, written by you.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:20 PM

2,407 posts, read 2,619,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Actually, genius, you used this thread to bash him (and his wife...how classy of you) before anyone supposedly praised him. See posts 4 and 15, written by you.

I'm fine with bashing or praising, just don't talk out the both sides of your mouth by posting as a mindless cheerleader and then complain when things "get political." If he, and his wife, act like hypocrites, I'll call them out on it. That is fair in my opinion.

I've said nothing that contradicts this champ.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:31 PM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,534,144 times
Quote:
I'm fine with bashing or praising, just don't talk out the both sides of your mouth by posting as a mindless cheerleader and then complain when things "get political." If he, and his wife, act like hypocrites, I'll call them out on it. That is fair in my opinion.

I've said nothing that contradicts this champ.

You're on a roll.

Nobody on this thread has praised Obama.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:42 PM

14,511 posts, read 7,186,551 times
Quote:

First off, wanted to agree to this.

Also wanted to add that The Varsity is an Atlanta institution something near and dear to a lot of Atlantans. It is a place where tourist go to eat. I don't know if it is world famous but I do know that people are referred to go there to try a local landmark.

I was told about it when I first visited and ate there too. Personally I don't think the food is good, too greasy and rather flavorless for my taste, but it is an historical Atlanta restaurant and a lot of people go there, especially to the North Ave location so it isn't surprising that the president would go there for a photo op.

The president visited my mom's neighborhood a few years ago when he went to Ohio and went to a local landmark too and got a photo op. All presidents do this when they visit places, go to the famous local businesses/landmarks and do photo ops. Don't see the big deal.

Also will say that I used to live off of Cheshire Bridge and back with when the V Jr. was there pretty much half of their workers were white. Also, I wouldn't view not being able to get access to a low paying fast food job as something worth complaining about if it were true that the Varsity could somehow escape federal employment regulations by only hiring black people at only one of their locations.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:20 PM

2,407 posts, read 2,619,975 times
Quote:

You're on a roll.

Reading comprehension FAIL.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:31 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,994,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Nobody can resist.

Obama drops by Atlanta landmark The Varsity *| ajc.com

By the way, I have always wondered this about the Varsity. Are only African Americans allowed to work there? If so, is that legal?
The family that owns the Varsity is white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or