U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:40 AM

6 posts, read 7,549 times

Advertisements

Up coming travel to Atlanta, travel companion wants to dine at Flip Burger Boutique. According to website, they have more than one location. Can anyone tell me if one location is better than the other. Speaking of atmoshere, then food quality. thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 11:48 AM

22,165 posts, read 16,163,004 times
Overpriced burgers. Farm burger is better.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:58 AM

2,859 posts, read 6,258,775 times
The interior is very similar for both locations so it really depends on which one is closer to you. The Buckhead location is in a small shopping center. The other one (I think they call it "West Midtown" though I'm not sure that is a real place) is free-standing.

It's always good food - yes it is overpriced, but that just goes with it, I suppose.

Save room for a milk shake...

Old 07-02-2012, 12:29 PM

73 posts, read 133,768 times
I went there once and it was filled with prissy hipsters who turned their noses up at me (waitresses included). I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt (on a blazing hot Saturday afternoon) while everyone else was dressed up. The burger was good but not worth the money and definitely not worth the treatment I received. I didn't stay for long.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:31 PM

22,165 posts, read 16,163,004 times
Best Burger= Ghetto Burger at Anne's Snack bar. Less money, better experience, and hand made.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:10 PM

738 posts, read 1,118,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Best Burger= Ghetto Burger at Anne's Snack bar. Less money, better experience, and hand made.
Yeah, but don't ask for anything other than the norm, or risk the wrath of Miss Ann

Old 07-02-2012, 05:29 PM

284 posts, read 456,223 times
I prefer Flip to Farm/Yeah/Grindhouse, as they tend to have better "gourmet" options and delicious sides. But about a year ago or so they changed their red meat patty components (I think it was a triple blend before?) and I didn't care for them quite as much.

I've not eaten to the Buckhead location except once ( a quiet weekday late lunch) but the west midtown location is sort of in an industrial no-man's land between the White Provisions complex and the Atlantic Station/Howell Mill stripmonsters (I say this having lived off Northside Dr in the early 90s--its just one of the last little areas of "old school" Chattahoochee Ave area auto repair & industrial shops left on the main drag). The Buckhead one is just at the quieter edge of Piedmont/Roswell Rd "area" depending on one's taste and the itinerary...doesn't matter to me but some people prefer the shopping/sites around Lenox, some prefer the vibe of West Midtown/Castleberry/Downtown.

As far as attitude, I've seen plenty of retiree/GA Tech grandparents as well as people with young kids get treated the same as our hipster/artsy/scene friends. The waitstaff is just hit or miss it seems. I enjoy sitting at the "chef's table" (really just a counter where the line cooks finish off the plates, but fascinating to watch all the different burgers getting built and the NO2 shakes getting made) and the patio seems more laid back. Of course sitting at the bar is always the best option to skip the servers altogether (and the wait to be seated).

One thing that I know happens at the W Midtown location is they sometimes have the music SUPER LOUD on the inside, even during "brunch"--not sure if this happens at night/wkends in Buckhead. ...some of us have hangovers yanno...

Old 07-02-2012, 06:53 PM

28,134 posts, read 24,659,949 times
We went to the Buckhead restaurant one night and the music was so loud you literally couldn't converse. After about 10 minutes of sign language we gave up.

I've had this happen at a number of restaurants around metro Atlanta. What's the deal with the racket these days? It's one thing to have a nice buzz of activity, but really loud music is not compatible with dining or conversation. Especially when the decor is 95% hard surfaces like concrete walls and floors and bare tabletops. Call an acoustic engineer, for Pete's sake!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:49 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,552,290 times
I have been to both locations - they are very similar in vibe. I like the restaurants but there are so many excellent gourmet burger options in Atlanta that I still want to try, I will probably not be back to Flip anytime soon.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:40 PM

727 posts, read 1,036,768 times
Went to Flip burger once.

They didn't have sweet tea.

Havn't been back since.

Never will go back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta