U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 10:06 AM

62 posts, read 22,205 times

Advertisements

My new favorite casual dining place is Grindhouse Burgers in Decatur. As a vegetarian, I cannot vouch for their regular burgers but their Impossible veggie burger is to die for. They have some great fried sides as well- fried green tomatoes, fried pickles, onion rings, fries are all great!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 01:32 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,687,714 times
Eats is probably my favorite—the comfortable old bluejeans of Atlanta restaurants. Like the food, the music they play, the other customers, and the staff.

On Buford Highway...
Northern China Eatery is not very polished, but I like the food.
More polished is Dish Korean Cuisine which is next door to Food Terminal (young trendy Malaysian), which is usually good.
So Kong Dong Tofu House, food is arguably better than Dish—but the parking lot is a mess, it is is too much of a wait, and the inside of the restaurant is not as nice.
My wife likes Bo Bo Garden (Chinese) for family meals

J’s Mini Hotpot on Pleasent Hill Rd—north of Gwinnett Place—(the one on Buford Highway tried to get a little too fancy—less food and higher prices).

Sweet Auburn BBQ

We enjoyed Morningside Kitchen both times we have gone. Especially good if you are trying to make a lot of folks with different expectations happy.

Last edited by jeoff; 05-17-2018 at 01:40 PM..

Old 05-18-2018, 05:18 AM

2,625 posts, read 590,577 times
Jusgo food court on Venture Drive in Duluth by the Costco. It's a new Chinese grocery store---great produce, very cheap. They have a dozen stalls with the most authentic Chinese food, like hot pots and hand pulled noodles. Better than Chinatown Square---clean and new, with more interesting options.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:06 AM
JPD

12,040 posts, read 14,686,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
Eats is probably my favorite—the comfortable old bluejeans of Atlanta restaurants. Like the food, the music they play, the other customers, and the staff.
Eats turned 25 years old yesterday.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:08 PM

4,052 posts, read 4,660,744 times
i just tried Pho 24 the other night— it beats the hell out of the place on satellite blvd i was going. for those who haven't tried vietnamese and are a little wary of trying something new, but are familiar with chinese food, try this place out. i took my dad there, who has had less than great experiences trying new foods, and he really enjoyed it.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:38 PM

337 posts, read 383,899 times
Tasili's Raw Reality (west end)
Bar Taco (west midtown location)
Pappadeaux (although a chain I still think it ranks high in ATL)
Negril Village (ambiance, and Caribbean brunch is delicious)

Old Today, 10:43 AM

28,452 posts, read 25,179,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Little's Food Store in Cabbagetown has excellent burgers
Sounds like they are more or less getting out of the grocery business and becoming mainly a restaurant.

Quote:
Little’s Food Store in Cabbagetown is scaling back the grocery portion of its business, the company announced on its Facebook page Wednesday.

Instead, the bodega and quick-service eatery, at 198 Carroll St SE, will focus on its housemade eats.

More...LITTLE'S FOOD STORE IS SCALING BACK ITS GROCERY OFFERINGS, FOCUSING ON BURGERS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or