Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 06:42 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
1. If gays are ever so desperate to marry each other then they should be able to. Let them suffer like many married straight couples do.

2. I never eat at Chick-Fail-A. I'm not going to clog my arteries eating horse****.

3. People are seriously overrating slavery. Get over it and forget about it. It's almost like it's politically incorrect to not say slavery is wrong. I'm of partial Black descent however, I must say that I don't think any current American citizen had anything to do with slavery. You're just giving other races more ammo to hate us more than they already do.
So slavery is overrated? Just because you are partial Black descent doesn't excuse you from such a moronic statement. You need to stop worrying about who hates you, and seek the truth. I guess you feel the 6 million Jews being slaughtered in the Holocaust by the Nazi's is overrated also. What a freakshow!

I apologize to everyone else on this thread except Mr. Freakshow...I am not trying to turn this into a civil-rights thread.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
I agree if you allow people to marry the same sex you have to allow anybody to marry anybody/anything.
This couldn't be more wrong.

Two consenting adults who love each other should be allowed to get married, provided they aren't already married to someone else.

It's an embarrassment for all of human society that some people can't grasp this simple concept.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,885,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip kid View Post
Wow. What a comment. Don't you think we Gays love our partners and want that love to be acknowledged just like straights?
There nothing stoping you now if a priest accepts it. Otherwise all you are fighting for us government benifits which should be gone. That way there is no issue. No worries about unfairness.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:04 AM

616 posts, read 1,112,975 times
Not to plug the Libertarian party too much here, but the Libertarians have formally held a constitutional and consistent position on this issue since the 1980's, unlike Republicans or Democrats. See the link below (work/family safe). You either want the government out of people's personal business or you don't. For all you "conservatives" out there who really want big government to step in and meddle in private affairs, this is a great issue to help you do some introspective self-examination.

Libertarian perspectives on LGBT rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-02-2012, 07:05 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,690,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
This couldn't be more wrong.

Two consenting adults who love each other should be allowed to get married, provided they aren't already married to someone else.

It's an embarrassment for all of human society that some people can't grasp this simple concept.
It's an embarrassment that you cannot grasp the simple concept of marriage being for one man and one woman!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:10 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,292,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
It's an embarrassment that you cannot grasp the simple concept of marriage being for one man and one woman!
Your side is eventually going to lose this fight. Enjoy your selfish, exclusive rights to marriage while they last.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,885,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post
So would you ok then with polyamory, bigamy? Does a society have any right, any say-so in morality and its family structure? If not, then project that out over a few centuries and venture a guess as to the survival and health of mankind.

As far as your post above, you attempt to make reasoned arguments, yet you are the one then driving off the cliff. You make it sound like there are no negative effects whatsoever on important issues concerning family or health. This whole issue is heated because there are negatives, otherwise there wouldn't be a controversy in the first place. One of the PR and political mistake the LGBT lobby/supporters make is failure to acknowledge the downsides and to play the victim card. You simply cannot assign 100% to genetics, this is not just an "either/or" or a civil rights issue like race. Everyone has propensities, with some being sexual. I don't deny that. But to argue there isn't a significant choice aspect is just plain denial. Any family lawyer will tell you they're seeing an increase of divorces over same-sex issues. Certainly the cultural and societal changes in the past decades make access, promiscuity, curiosity and so forth more available. People generally don't have biological children and then wake up one day and say "I'm gay, I want out." That's a cop out and a cover story for their self-centeredness which drives alot of this. So to argue this isn't a family issue is wrong. Lots of innocents get hurt over these decisions, at least acknowledge that.

We both know the history of HIV, let's not pretend there's no responsibility here. You can't have it both ways. The B in LGBT stands for what . bisexuality. There's one way. Then there's the husband who cheats on his wife. Or the drug user, the promiscuity of M2M (studies bear that out) and in the earlier days, the blood transfusion factor. Child trafficking too is a contributor (e.g. Thailand) Still, 70% of new infections are M2M. Can you really expect people not to have negative reactions to this subculture given the direct and indirect effects of HIV? Like it not, alot of people see the pride stuff, hear about the bathhouses or the cruising and are turned off politically to your cause. Yet nary a peep out of the lobby or the politicians. The same-sex marriage advocates would find their path alot easier if it joined in calling out its extreme elements, but instead it chooses to make it an us vs. them battle.

1. Who cares how people get married if the government is not in the marriage business. That's the point. Take government out of marriage and no one will be treated unfairly by it. It will be up to the priest , monk, etc. Let them marry thier couch. They just won't get legal reconition whether it be a couch or the opposite sex. Problem solved. Make sense?

2. I don't know about you, but I didn't choose to be straight and like females. So I have no reason to think someone has the power to choose who they are sexually attracted to.

3. Straight people get and spread HIV. Gays just don't use condoms like they should due to lack of education of safe anal sex. Anal sex is something straight couple do to. So it's an education issue.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 AM

730 posts, read 2,254,125 times
I respect everyone's freedom of speech, but I will no longer eat there. I don't want my money going to the orginizations they support and because it was already crowded & overpriced and now it's a ZOO.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 AM

811 posts, read 1,054,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Your side is eventually going to lose this fight. Enjoy your selfish, exclusive rights to marriage while they last.
Are you expecting the minority opinion on this issue subjugating the will of the people by stacking the legislature or courts with someone who holds your opinion. Isn't that what the left always does to get something passed that most people do not want?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Are you expecting the minority opinion on this issue subjugating the will of the people by stacking the legislature or courts with someone who holds your opinion. Isn't that what the left always does to get something passed that most people do not want?
Seems to me you're the one in the minority:
Public opinion of same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta