Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:27 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many of you standing up for "gay marriage" are straight, because a lot of us who ARE gay have other things to worry about. Equal rights for all is one thing; gay "marriage" is a political hot potato code word that is stealing the limelight away from much more important issues.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:30 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I wonder how many of you standing up for "gay marriage" are straight, because a lot of us who ARE gay have other things to worry about. Equal rights for all is one thing; gay "marriage" is a political hot potato code word that is stealing the limelight away from much more important issues.
Very true, I would much rather have a national ENDA than gay marriage.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM

202 posts, read 350,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdawk View Post
Fixed that for you too.

Man this is getting tiring.
You keep "fixing" others' posts, yet you keep incorrectly spelling the word discriminate.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:32 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,184,220 times
I'm trying to remember, was there any of this uproar when Obama made essentially same statement during the 2008 presidential campaign?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:34 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,403,233 times
Had no idea about this appreciation thing but I actually ate lunch there. Now it makes sense as to why it was so crowded.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:39 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
I'm trying to remember, was there any of this uproar when Obama made essentially same statement during the 2008 presidential campaign?
As far as I'm aware Obama did not donate millions of dollars to orgs that promote idiotic ideas like that being gay is a filthy disgusting thing which should be shunned. Obama has done more to expand rights and equality for gay people than any other president in history.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:40 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,254,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
They are packed in EVERY CITY IN AMERICA! Including NYC and LA! Do you people never watch the national news?! It was on every network just now -- NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox, CNBC. They are interviewing people on the streets of Manhattan eating CFA. Today will go down in history as their BEST DAY EVER. If it was a publicly traded company, their stock would be off the charts right now.

Personally, I'm take it or leave it over this whole issue. But those of you who think this will somehow damage CFA's brand are fooling yourselves.

Chick-fil-A restaurants become rallying points for supporters - CNN.com
I agree that the whole issue is a bit ridiculous. I will vote with my wallet by not eating there, but I am under no illusion that it will make a hill of beans of a difference especially considering Chick fil a's strongholds are in the south and suburban America. If this was Whole Foods, IKEA, or another urban type company the fallout would actually impact them.

I haven't watched the news tonight so I didn't know they were having a nationwide sales kick, but more power to them. Cathy's heirs will be forced to change some day in the future and the old bigot can roll over in his grave in a few decades. Either way, I won't spend my money there. When he made it a national issue, I feel as though I have no choice but to take a stance in response. It's a shame because the food is good. Oh well, I will sleep better without it and my waistline will thank me.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:40 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times
Quote:
Not everyone is gonna like gay people & gay people need to learn to deal with that. The concept of trying to bully people into excepting you. Just smh at this who thing.
It totally boggles my mind how a black man can make a statement like that.

"Not everyone is going to like black people and black people need to learn to deal with that."

Now that would be an incindiary statement to make.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:41 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
The corporate mainstream media had other things that they felt we ignorant mindless sheep should be obsessing over, like Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Obama's birth certificate, Obama's middle name which is Hussein, Obama's ties to the Chicago political machine, Obama's political ties with Rod Blagojevich, part of Obama's youth that was spent living in Indonesia, Obama getting the black vote, and so on and so on and so on....

Christ, what talk-radio show did you get this particular talking point from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post

Old 08-01-2012, 05:41 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernassassin View Post
If the locations where this packed for lunch then no telling what they will look like this evening.
It was very very full. Dining room and drive in window. I just went across the street and had an Arby's roast beef.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta