Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 05:13 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midtown mile girl View Post
This is so offensive to me. I have only seen the ads, but the lack of manners, obesity and a bratty child and general wild animal behavior is enough to make me vomit.
That's a pretty strong feeling about this show though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 05:19 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionado View Post
Bwahahaha! While I couldn't stomach viewing anything like this, I grin to myself as some native Georgians make a point to snark at states like Alabama and Mississippi while downplaying the prevalence of this here in GA.

The fact is rural Georgia can run neck and neck (pun intended) with the best of 'em honey boo boo.
that's actually kinda funny. Georgia is a lot like Mississippi & Alabama & when those people want to move to the bif city Atlanta is their top choice.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:35 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,019,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
that's actually kinda funny. Georgia is a lot like Mississippi & Alabama & when those people want to move to the bif city Atlanta is their top choice.
So is Ny. Upstate Ny is just as country as Alabama and their first choice is Ny

Old 09-29-2012, 10:53 AM

1,971 posts, read 3,043,610 times
Northern rednecks are every bit as scary as the southern ones, but with worse food and manners. The WORST is rural PA. In fact even suburban and urban PA are pretty bad. Philly is the only place I've seen urban rednecks.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:52 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
What does THIS mean?

And for what it's worth, the "cornpone" rural redneck sitcom craze of the 1960s was FAR FAR FAR more offensive than anything we see today. Generations of American TV viewers watched that Hillbilly / Hooterville / Hee Haw crap and still think that's what the South is like.
Maybe it is time for us grow up and own our heritage instead of running away from it.

When somebody starts that "You ignorant hillbilly" stuff with me, I look them square in the eye and very calmly say, "I know I am but what are you?"

That typically cuts them down to size.

When I was little my mama told me that most people who look down on you are doing it because of their own insecurity and that is 100% true. The individual who is confident and comfortable with they are has no need to try to act like they are better.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:27 AM

129 posts, read 324,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Dublin,Ga

NO NO , this family most certainly does NOT live in Dublin Ga. Don't pick on Dublin just because they have those so-called redneck games. Which , by the way , are entirely for entertainment and has absolutely nothing to do with being a redneck.

The family of the TLC show , Honey BOO is from McIntyre Ga. in Wilkinson County.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 AM

229 posts, read 585,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayinhawaii View Post
......"a train wreck" yes (did you see how close the tracks are to the house?). But truth be told, I'll take Honey Boo Boo and her family any day over "Real Housewives of ......... (insert city here)!!! At least these people are "real" and care about one another. No superficial b.s. about them. Can you picture .....(insert any Real Housewife's name) stocking up on toilet paper, doing extreme couponing, not caring about how they look before they go to Rodeo Drive..... Yes HBB is over the top but this family is full of love also. I'll take that any day over some Real H/W of OC / NYC / NJ / ATL phony wanna be.
Good post Rayinhawaii! I don't understand what all the fuss is about. What is with all you people walking around being so judgmental and thinking you are so much better than other people? I love that this family cares so much about each other and lifts each other up instead of tearing one another down. I love that they don't care if they have the latest fashions, or live in a McMansion. They keep it real and I like that.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,249 times
Honey Boo Boo is awesome because it's just good old fashioned american family who hasn't gotten caught up in the pretentious fake society that is today and they show that you don't need to have a perfect body to have a fun time and be loved. I think most people overshoot the fact that it's about a young pageant girl, but it shows that just because they are in pageants, doesn't mean that the parents are cruel and the child is emotionally unstable. I've never seen anyone more confident than Alana. Also posted by "Mishap" it says they would condone it if the cast was found in Florida, think about how the show started. They didn't just "find" some family in Georgia and decided they were funny. It all started from Toddlers & Tiaras when they loved Alana's personality and her attitude they didn't just randomly choose a family, it's because she became a superstar who happens to live in Georgia, it has nothing to do with the state, dumbass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta