Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 01:28 AM

7 posts, read 20,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newat6 View Post
Good job with the grammar
And actually, I would say Clayton County is worse in reputation than any other county in the metro area. It is the armpit of Atlanta, so to say.

Worser that Shirley Franklin ?

The entire tri-county area of metro Atlanta is a Free Fire Zone for Crime and Free Loaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 08:37 AM

57 posts, read 143,417 times
We've got our fair share of crime and free-loaders, but I wouldn't live OTP for anything.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:44 AM

Clayton County isn't so bad, once the urban hillbillies have gone back to hills where they came from. We have many that is hold outs, hopefully they will be gone sooner or later.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:29 PM

Before the Blacks came into Clayton County, the Whites was too busy fighting among themselves. That is the reason they didn't organize anything except for Football & Baseball, where they still fought among themselves. And the Whites are fighting everyday. See if you can find the "Secret" Easter Egg on page 2. When do you, click on Thor's "Hammer Time" button.

http://blogs.ajc.com/clayton-talk/20...omment-page-2/

Last edited by OscarKnight; 11-26-2009 at 12:38 PM..

Old 11-27-2009, 05:09 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newat6 View Post
We've got our fair share of crime and free-loaders, but I wouldn't live OTP for anything.
Why do people have such a hostile attitude? I think it would be fun to live ITP, for example. It just isn't practical for us at this point in time. That doesn't mean I think any less of areas ITP and the people who live there.

I find the level of close-mindedmess demonstrated by some people to be absolutely fascinating.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 AM

725 posts, read 1,509,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab1975 View Post
I just wanted to ask the question above . I have a friend that lives in the small city of Lovejoy in Clayton. She has not been a victim of crime or has she had bad experiences with the schools. She memtioned some issues when she first got there almost 2 years ago with the schools. But nothing to which she was stressed over.

I was buying a house there, but the loan I had did not go thorugh because I coould not find employment. But the homes there are in my price range. I mean I am leaving NYC making 45k and I know that I am going to take a drastic pay cut so I have to think about the salary I will be making there. I was thinking about Gwinette County, but alot of those homes are resales and I was more looking for a new home so that all the ammenties that I want are there.

But if you can tell me what is really wrong with Clayton County. Not what the media says, or the folks on here that do not want anyone moving to GA. But the true people that will give me better perspective. Also pls so not emphasise on the crime. I am coing form BROOKLYN, NY. Pls your crime is nothing compared to ours!

Thanks
Crime... depreciation of home values... and county schools lost accreditation

Old 11-30-2009, 12:59 PM

214 posts, read 595,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post

I find the level of close-mindedmess demonstrated by some people to be absolutely fascinating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theATLien View Post
Crime... depreciation of home values... and county schools lost accreditation
rcsteiner is right on. there are A LOT of closed minds and general condescending attitudes floating around this country. How does putting someone or someplace down make you or where you currently pay bills any better? Seems to me it just makes where you live more full of egotistical jerks. If you don't experience it first-hand, how in the world do you have anything to say about it?

Clayton, while not my cup of tea, is no more full of crime than some areas ITP. Yes, the school district temporarily lost accreditation. It had nothing to do with teacher quality or student achievement. Not a single graduating class was affected in terms of validity of their diplomas or any HOPE funds they qualified for.

Wanna talk school achievement? Then the whole state of GA should lose accreditation.

There are plenty of beautiful areas and wonderful people in Clayton County. It's in a great location, it's affordable, and its cities have mayors in place that see the value of the area and its future and are acting accordingly.

I used to be a huge Clayton-basher. Turns out I was just in a place in my life where I hated how it was going, and bashing some other place that everyone else was bashing felt good.

Plus my ex lives there. That helped.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:42 PM

16,679 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreeze22 View Post
rcsteiner is right on. there are A LOT of closed minds and general condescending attitudes floating around this country. How does putting someone or someplace down make you or where you currently pay bills any better? Seems to me it just makes where you live more full of egotistical jerks. If you don't experience it first-hand, how in the world do you have anything to say about it?

Clayton, while not my cup of tea, is no more full of crime than some areas ITP. Yes, the school district temporarily lost accreditation. It had nothing to do with teacher quality or student achievement. Not a single graduating class was affected in terms of validity of their diplomas or any HOPE funds they qualified for.

Wanna talk school achievement? Then the whole state of GA should lose accreditation.

There are plenty of beautiful areas and wonderful people in Clayton County. It's in a great location, it's affordable, and its cities have mayors in place that see the value of the area and its future and are acting accordingly.

I used to be a huge Clayton-basher. Turns out I was just in a place in my life where I hated how it was going, and bashing some other place that everyone else was bashing felt good.

Plus my ex lives there. That helped.
This is one of the best posts I've seen on here in a long, long time.

Good to see a nice thing...

Old 12-01-2009, 05:16 AM

325 posts, read 979,338 times
I will add my two cents to this. I lived in Jonesboro on Mundy's Mill for years and I have seen a change as far as crime and such, but I still think that area down to Hampton and Lovejoy are good. It just depends on what your preference is. I really do think it has everything to do with these places not being accessible to public transportation (a plus unfortunately). The prices of homes are good and I think it's worth it. I say stay in the area for a bit and then determine if you want to buy a house there. The school system is extremely questionable being that it was the first county in 40+ years to lose accreditation, but that is the residents fault. They vote for these sorry people and don't take any action so you get what you get, you know? Go and rent in the area for a bit, then make a decision is my advice.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:21 AM

214 posts, read 595,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
This is one of the best posts I've seen on here in a long, long time.

Good to see a nice thing...

aw, thanks aries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta