Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 04:09 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if Pig N Chik is local to Atlanta, but it's also overrated.

As a Kansas City native, when someone drones on about BBQ, I have to check it out. Since I come from the city with the best BBQ in the world. Well, I was SO disappointed in it. Atlanta BBQ is overrated. But I think most people not originally from Atlanta understand that ATL has crap BBQ. For some reason people in Atlanta has convinced themselves that ATL BBQ is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 04:26 PM

444 posts, read 703,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I think they're pretty cool. I wish L5P was bigger, kinda reminds me of some neighborhoods up north. I'd think Atlantic Station would be better with a bigger restaurant selection. The retail side isnt that bad, plus it's pretty clean compared to what I'm used to
Atlantic Station is still not complete. I think when it fills out, it'll suffice. I actually like L5P. I wish it were bigger, as well. Maybe one day the Edgewood District and L5P will be linked by new infill developments (a la Tijuana Garage and Cameli’s Pizza) along Moreland, filling in the gap between the two places. That would be nice.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:31 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
I thought the same thing after living there. I said I appreciate it for what it is.

To me its just as lame as Tysons Corner/Galleria in DC. I'd much rather choose a Georgwtown/Old Town Alexandria/Midtown/Inman Park over those places. Some appreciate suburban office centers. To each their own.
It's nice to have those options. On a hot summer day in the south, spending the day inside of a cold mall sounds a hell of a lot more appealing than walking around outside. That's just me, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Since I come from the city with the best BBQ in the world.
That's debatable, sir.

Quote:
Well, I was SO disappointed in it. Atlanta BBQ is overrated. But I think most people not originally from Atlanta understand that ATL has crap BBQ. For some reason people in Atlanta has convinced themselves that ATL BBQ is good.
I mean, it's not as if Atlanta is known for its barbecue, though. As a southern state, barbecue will naturally be a mainstay of the local cuisine, but I don't know that Georgia has the fame of the Carolinas, Texas, Memphis, or KC.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:47 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if Pig N Chik is local to Atlanta, but it's also overrated.
Agreed. A few years ago, my girlfriend moved into an apartment across the street from a Pig N Chik and one of her friends got all excited about it. I had never heard of it, but she made a big deal out if, so I decided to go. Pig N Chik is not good barbecue.

I know most people think it's overrated, but I still think Fat Matt's has awesome ribs. I don't know what they did, but somewhere somehow it got uncool to like Fat Matt's. I don't care, I still love it.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:55 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Wow. You clearly haven't spent much time exploring Buckhead. I might have thought the same thing before living there, but there is TONS in Buckhead, including some of the best restaurants in the city.
No kidding. What's up with the Buckhead haters on here? If it weren't for the affluent of Buckhead and all of the taxes they pay, Atlanta would be nothing compared to what it is today. Folks!

Old 09-20-2012, 04:57 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
So in my opinion, Atlanta has a ton of places that are very overrated. Here is my list

Aquarium - Worth seeing only for the Beluga Whales. Terrible food, and it's clear it's geared towards kids. No problem with that, but when it cost $35 to see this place I take a lot of issue with that. I've only been there twice, first time was just out of curiosity, and I only went back because I had some relatives visit Atlanta and wanted to go.

Varsity - I get SOOOO tired of people in Atlanta hyping this place up. Hands down some of the worst hot dogs I've had in my life. The food is appalling and terrible IMO. Only had to eat there once, and I've never EVER been back since.

Magic City - This is THEE most overrated strip club in all of Atlanta. $20 valet parking, $20 cover charge. Super crowded, like 300 people in a 800 sq ft space crowded. Like 4 tables to even sit down at. VIP section is pathetic, no private booths? All the women look the same, like the took one and cloned all of them there. Rude staff, security telling you to constantly get out the way when there is no where to go. Expensive drinks. HOT, STUFF, and just all out miserable. As to how this club got all the hype over other ones like Pink Pony, Encore, or Pinups is anyone's guess.
This thread is right up my alley. So here is my list

The Varsity..the food is just not that good
Zoo Atlanta..man its like what 40 bucks to get in there & see animals that look dead.
The GA aquarium is too high & so is the coke museum. Both are nice, but just cost too much.
I actually like Magik City until I went to some spot over off Moreland. Magik City is cool if its not crouded.
I've heard Blue Flame is the same way. Strip clubs are supposed to be fun, but in ATL its kinda peeing contest to see who can pee the furthest.

I also want add to the overated list.
Hot107.9 & their wannabee celebraty personalities
Birthday Bash, where they put a bunch of local art
st on the bill so they don't have to pay for travel & hotel for real rapstars.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
This thread is right up my alley. So here is my list

The Varsity..the food is just not that good
Zoo Atlanta..man its like what 40 bucks to get in there & see animals that look dead.
The GA aquarium is too high & so is the coke museum. Both are nice, but just cost too much.
I actually like Magik City until I went to some spot over off Moreland. Magik City is cool if its not crouded.
I've heard Blue Flame is the same way. Strip clubs are supposed to be fun, but in ATL its kinda peeing contest to see who can pee the furthest.

I also want add to the overated list.
Hot107.9 & their wannabee celebraty personalities
Birthday Bash, where they put a bunch of local art
st on the bill so they don't have to pay for travel & hotel for real rapstars.
I forgot to mention "the Coke place". I thought of Zoo Atlanta, but I remembered that I've never really heard anyone rave about it, so I wouldn't exactly call it overrated.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:08 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosolar View Post
Overrated

Magic City sucks, the Cheetah is hands down the best strip club in Atlanta.

Centennial Olympic Park - yea... its to bad tourists go here. We need to just funnel them up to Midtown.

Woodruff Park - To small, filled with homeless. Maybe if the green line ever gets built Atlanta will have an actual park downtown.

State Capitol - The building itself, awesome, the area - sucks!

I
GWCC - Nothing like a huge Warehouse smack dab in the middle of your town!
I love Olympic Park, I like it better than Piedmont Park. I aslo like the Fox Theater. Civic Center is a lil bland to me. Woodruff park is just a place to watch people, just make sure they don't see you watching. I've seen that Cheetah place in Midtown? Do they get butt naked in there or it just some fancy bikini club? I want to see something I can't see on the internet.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:10 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
Quote:
I want to see something I can't see on the internet.
Nothing in the universe fits that description.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Nothing in the universe fits that description.
Ha! How much you wanna bet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta