U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 05:19 PM

3,315 posts, read 3,759,184 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering.

Who are the people that lives in these homes in this area? Is this where the celebrities and athletes live? Is it "Old South" money? Corporate CEO's?

I always wondered why RHOA never showed women who live in actual estates in Buckhead lol.

So who are the people who live there? I've always wondered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 05:26 PM

28,105 posts, read 24,632,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
I always wondered why RHOA never showed women who live in actual estates in Buckhead lol.
I seriously doubt that any of those women would appear on a show like RHOA.

You might find an athlete or two around there but it's mostly folks who have been successful in business or the professions.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,548,096 times
One of the large mansions on Blackland was owned by the founder of WebMD. It was being renovated years ago and had a major fire.

Arthur Blank lives on West Paces Ferry.

I visited another house on the Garden Tour for the Atlanta Botanical Garden and that house was owned by two physicians.

Another house on Blackland used to regularly fly the Japanese flag, I assumed it might be the Japanes Consulate

The older ranch homes in the area (prior to McMansions) used to be upper middles class like Judges or College Professors.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
One of the large mansions on Blackland was owned by the founder of WebMD. It was being renovated years ago and had a major fire.

Arthur Blank lives on West Paces Ferry.

I visited another house on the Garden Tour for the Atlanta Botanical Garden and that house was owned by two physicians.

Another house on Blackland used to regularly fly the Japanese flag, I assumed it might be the Japanes Consulate

The older ranch homes in the area (prior to McMansions) used to be upper middles class like Judges or College Professors.
I often wondered if the huge mansions are newer since there are ranch houses scattered all though out, especially when driving around Moore's Mill nearer to West Wesley.

One of my friends said it's celebrities but it seems to me that celebrities tend to live in Alpharetta, Johns Creek or Duluth. Whenever I drive around the neighborhood I always find streets with massive homes that I've never been before. I always wonder who lives in all these houses.

When I lived in Virginia-Higland, one Halloween I asked the man living in one of my favorite houses on Springdale what he does for a living. He said he and his wife owned a State Farm Insurance agency. The following year his house was up for sale though. I often wondered if they were affected by the economy, if they down-sized, or bought an ever bigger house.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:56 AM

Celebrities typically choose large gated country clubs for security purposes

Old 09-26-2012, 04:09 AM

The area is called Tuxedo Park

Here is a bit of history

Buckhead - Atlanta, Georgia - Tuxedo Park

Old 09-26-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
The area is called Tuxedo Park

Here is a bit of history

Buckhead - Atlanta, Georgia - Tuxedo Park
Very interesting information. Thanks for sharing! I toured the Swann House last year. I have always wanted to know the history of these stately Georgian homes in this area.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:11 AM
JAS

553 posts, read 1,718,467 times
Some of it is old money, but there is more wealth in Atlanta than some people realize. Celebrities are a very small part of it. Some business owners have done very well over the years, and throw in the doctors, lawyers, etc.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:21 PM

1,971 posts, read 2,382,372 times
A co-worker used to work for a company whose founder lives over there. He (the rich founder dude) runs a financial information service.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,478,644 times
The answer is "all of the above".

Falcons plays tend to live up north b/c that is where they practice 5/6 days a week. Dome is only a once a week thing.

Braves players live all around as do Hawks players.

That area, I would say, is mostly old money and new CEO types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta