U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 11:35 AM

265 posts, read 340,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
If you think that is why they are not attending church you need to be informed. Young guys are not going to church because they want to be able to do you know what without guilt.

Also a lot probably do not want to get up because they do not have too. Ever notice why people with children are always at church because when you have a child there is no sleeping in on the weekends.

Helping inmates and giving inmates free cell phones are two different things. Just like feeding the poor and giving the poor cash.
No, society as a whole has become more educated over time and realizes there is no need to feel guilt due to a fairy tale.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
You can put lipstick on an inmate but they are still an inmate.
That collectivism without a capital "C," ie, stereotyping.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 AM

616 posts, read 878,636 times
Well, once again politics brings out the worst in everyone. There is a reason your grandmother told you to never discuss sex, religion, or politics in polite company.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I love how people think it is so hard to get welfare. I was at the property management company I use for some of my properties and a women comes in dressed very well(she had a necklace on that retails for 11k, I doubt it is a fake because it is not a common brand), three children very well(Polo, Lacoste, etc.), and an iPhone. After she leaves the person at the front desk tells me she rents such and such a house I own(I never allow my tenants to know who I am). Oh yeah the house rents section eight. And to top it off she was driving a new model Mercedes C sedan.

It's hard out there for those struggling welfare recepients.

It won't let me give you rep points.
So, you are saying that you are aiding and abetting a criminal; that you are one of the people abusing the system. Have you reported this person to the Housing Authority? Should we ask for your tax returns?

That the problem with wing nuts, just a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:45 AM

28,148 posts, read 24,687,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Except it wasn't reported. The images of the President up there putting on the black face act is offensive to even me. The blatant race baiting is alarming and a real look into who BO really is.
Oh, it was in the news long ago.

I will have to agree that the Prez has one of the fakiest accents I've heard. In my opinion he'd be better off just using his normal speaking voice.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
As far as your comment about Mitt Romney being incompetent - as compared to Obama? Romney was involved in creating major successful companies like Staples. The economy is the main issue in this election, not free birth control which Sandra Fluck (and the Democratic Party) seems to think is a birth rite. When $0.40 of every dollar spent by the US Govt. is being borrowed, I think that free birth control is an easy place to avoid spending. Sandra Fluck who attends Georgetown Law School is not hurting for money...
Are you talking about the Staples that recently announced that it is closing 60 stores? What states would you propose Mitt close? Texas? Massachusetts? Oh god, not Georgia?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:07 PM

478 posts, read 585,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
Are you talking about the Staples that recently announced that it is closing 60 stores? What states would you propose Mitt close? Texas? Massachusetts? Oh god, not Georgia?
Absolutely, I'm talking about that Staples! That is 60 stores closing out of a chain of 1,000 stores - in this economy, that's not bad! Would you rather that Staples had never been started and that Office Depot didn't have the competition?

It is intersting to me that liberals always want to make negative comments about business instead of being happy that the business is still operating and making profits. Businesses have to close money loosing operations all the time. With your way of thinking, every business that ever opened a store would be prohibited from closing, regardless of how much money it is loosing.

As far your comments about Mitt closing the states of TX and MA, that it preposterous! For one thing Mitt hasn't been connected with Staples for several years and the second thing is that businesses have to close money loosing operations in order ot stay in business. With your way of thinking, every business that ever opened a store would be prohibited from closing it, regardless of how much money it is loosing.

Your comments prove Rush Limbaugh's point that there is so little economic education in this country. This line of thinking that businesses can't operate as business to make a profit is what convinces me more than ever not to consider liberalism. Rational thinking is essential for me!

Old 10-03-2012, 01:52 PM

Your right. It is preposterous to close TX and MA. So, I guess it's Georgia then. Let me be the first to announce that if Mitt is elected, he's gonna close Georgia and outsource peaches and peanuts to South Carolina

Maybe Staples' business plan is flawed. Maybe economic theory is actually working here. And btw, you do recall that the economy that caused the failure was created by the previous administration. You do recall that our economy was at near collapse in the fall of '08, don't you?

Old 10-03-2012, 02:39 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,706 times
^^ Ugh.

See I was actually on the liberal's side up until that last comment saying Mitt is a bad business owner becuase he had to close 60/1000 stores during a recession and that Bush caused a collapse that took multiple decades to create.

Then you got the neo-cons thinking they are promoting entitlement by giving work release inmates 100 minute clam phone to get a job with.

If this represetative of the two party systen then this why I can't stand either party.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
^^ Ugh.

See I was actually on the liberal's side up until that last comment saying Mitt is a bad business owner becuase he had to close 60/1000 stores during a recession and that Bush caused a collapse that took multiple decades to create.

Then you got the neo-cons thinking they are promoting entitlement by giving work release inmates 100 minute clam phone to get a job with.

If this represetative of the two party systen then this why I can't stand either party.
The 60/1000 Staples stores is a bad example. Staples is probably one of Romney's successes despite the fact that they are closing stores and laying off employees who will now go on unemployment and probably someday get a free Obama phone if Romney is elected. Someone mentioned Staples and my urge to pounce was overwhelming. Nevertheless, people are taking for granite that Romney is a successful and honorable businessmen. It could be equally be argued that he took over struggling companies, raided their assets, and laid off workers all for personal gain.

While I agree the Great Recession had its roots in policies of the previous couple of decades, it was Bush administration policies that pushed our economy near the edge of collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta