U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2012, 07:32 AM
 
Location: The big blue yonder...
1,993 posts, read 2,923,774 times
Reputation: 1003

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
That's because the Falcons havent brought the city a ring. It's no different than a chick dating a guy for 10+ years without a ring from him. After a while she is going to start looking elsewhere
While I also understand this point, and agree with that being a reason, I don't condone it. To me, those kind of wishy-washy, whining "oh, they haven't won a superbowl yet, so I'm going to be a Packers fan" fans are SO DISTASTEFUL. That's bad blood there... To me, that is NO better than being a cheater in a committed relationship. Just like that woman, who starts looking around because her man hasn't brought home a ring yet. She's STILL a cheater. If she is ready, she needs to say something. FANS NEED TO SPEAK UP AND GET MORE INVOLVED! GET MORE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT BEING A FALCONS FAN. That man didn't give her a ring yet, probably because he's still not sure if she's 100% committed or not. Makes no sense to propose to a girl who's eyes are wondering over your head while you're down on one knee.....

It's also like having a chick who isn't really there for you when you're broke. Nobody wants the chick who only hopped on board once she realized that you finally have some money...

TRUE FALCONS FANS, ignore those bandwagon-Gold digger fans... They aren't real, and they'll betray us at the slightest sign of danger (just like all these, once proud, but fake Aints fans that you don't even hear chanting "Who dat" anymore... Some have jumped back to their former teams already and the season is only 4 games in... Doesn't apply to a real Aints fan)

FANS, BE LOUD!!! MAKE THE DOME AN UNSAFE PLACE TO PLAY FOR ANY VISITING TEAM!!! MAKE FANS OF OTHER TEAMS HAVE TO THINK TWICE BEFORE COMING TO THE DOME AND WEARING THEIR TEAM GEAR SO PROUDLY!!! MAKE THE NFL WORLD SAY "...and those Falcons fans are wild..." SPEAK UP!!! MAKE MANAGEMENT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WON'T STAND FOR A LOSS!!! Then one day, we'll sit in the glory of being Superbowl Champions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 AM
 
102 posts, read 186,442 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
What's up with some people still wearing Vick's jersey to the game instead of Ryan's jersey? BTW, I'm black and I'm buying a Ryan jersey soon

They come out in full force in those Jerseys when the Eagles are in town. My husband included. I try to talk him out of it, but it is no use. He never wears it to any other game except when playing Philadelphia. There is always interesting back in forth with the other fans who are disgusted by Vick. But he seems to relish this...Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 AM
 
Location: The big blue yonder...
1,993 posts, read 2,923,774 times
Reputation: 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz99 View Post
They come out in full force in those Jerseys when the Eagles are in town. My husband included. I try to talk him out of it, but it is no use. He never wears it to any other game except when playing Philadelphia. There is always interesting back in forth with the other fans who are disgusted by Vick. But he seems to relish this...Go figure.
That's funny....

But tell him it's about time to retire that old thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 AM
 
1,856 posts, read 2,892,029 times
Reputation: 1155
the falcons kicked but yesterday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 08:55 AM
 
Location: ATL by way of Los Angeles
842 posts, read 1,105,218 times
Reputation: 609
If you catch TJMaxx or Marshalls at the right time, you can get a current player's jersey for less than $20. Also, since the NFL made the switch from Reebok to Nike, a lot of store had jerseys on clearance for the past few months.

I like Vick, but he's not a Falcon anymore. I bought my first Ryan jersey of two back in 2010 and I actually got a few funny looks and snide comments. I don't seem to get the same comments anymore, but being 4-0 may have something to do with that.

The funny thing is that when you go to games, it is not totally rare to see someone with an old jersey on. In the past couple of seasons, I've seen Jamal Anderson (Dirty Bird Jamal, not Jamaal the bust), Tim Dwight, Alge Crumpler, and a few others. I think the Vick thing is an issue because he's still in the league and his departure was mired in controversy. It is good to see more Ryan, White, Gonzalez, and Jones jerseys out there. The Vick ones need to stay in the closet in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM
 
Location: ATL by way of Los Angeles
842 posts, read 1,105,218 times
Reputation: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
While I also understand this point, and agree with that being a reason, I don't condone it. To me, those kind of wishy-washy, whining "oh, they haven't won a superbowl yet, so I'm going to be a Packers fan" fans are SO DISTASTEFUL. That's bad blood there... To me, that is NO better than being a cheater in a committed relationship. Just like that woman, who starts looking around because her man hasn't brought home a ring yet. She's STILL a cheater. If she is ready, she needs to say something. FANS NEED TO SPEAK UP AND GET MORE INVOLVED! GET MORE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT BEING A FALCONS FAN. That man didn't give her a ring yet, probably because he's still not sure if she's 100% committed or not. Makes no sense to propose to a girl who's eyes are wondering over your head while you're down on one knee.....

It's also like having a chick who isn't really there for you when you're broke. Nobody wants the chick who only hopped on board once she realized that you finally have some money...

TRUE FALCONS FANS, ignore those bandwagon-Gold digger fans... They aren't real, and they'll betray us at the slightest sign of danger (just like all these, once proud, but fake Aints fans that you don't even hear chanting "Who dat" anymore... Some have jumped back to their former teams already and the season is only 4 games in... Doesn't apply to a real Aints fan)

FANS, BE LOUD!!! MAKE THE DOME AN UNSAFE PLACE TO PLAY FOR ANY VISITING TEAM!!! MAKE FANS OF OTHER TEAMS HAVE TO THINK TWICE BEFORE COMING TO THE DOME AND WEARING THEIR TEAM GEAR SO PROUDLY!!! MAKE THE NFL WORLD SAY "...and those Falcons fans are wild..." SPEAK UP!!! MAKE MANAGEMENT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WON'T STAND FOR A LOSS!!! Then one day, we'll sit in the glory of being Superbowl Champions...
I agree. What some people don't get is that championship teams didn't become championship teams overnight. Hell, some teams have won titles after barely making the playoffs, so the experts may not have even had them pegged as title contenders at the beginning of that particular season.

This generation wants instant gratification and some "fans" are not willing to sweat it out and stick it out with a team like our parents or grandparents did. In the past few years, some teams have made it to the mountaintop that didn't have stellar histories. It's funny that you mentioned the Saints because they are a good example. Back when I was in college in Louisiana, most of the Louisiana natives that I knew were either Cowboy fans or they followed some other team (49ers, Giants, etc.). Nowadays, they all act like they have been yelling "Who Dat" since birth. It's comical because they wheels are starting to fall off of that bandwagon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
 
102 posts, read 186,442 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
If you catch TJMaxx or Marshalls at the right time, you can get a current player's jersey for less than $20. Also, since the NFL made the switch from Reebok to Nike, a lot of store had jerseys on clearance for the past few months.

I like Vick, but he's not a Falcon anymore. I bought my first Ryan jersey of two back in 2010 and I actually got a few funny looks and snide comments. I don't seem to get the same comments anymore, but being 4-0 may have something to do with that.

The funny thing is that when you go to games, it is not totally rare to see someone with an old jersey on. In the past couple of seasons, I've seen Jamal Anderson (Dirty Bird Jamal, not Jamaal the bust), Tim Dwight, Alge Crumpler, and a few others. I think the Vick thing is an issue because he's still in the league and his departure was mired in controversy. It is good to see more Ryan, White, Gonzalez, and Jones jerseys out there. The Vick ones need to stay in the closet in my opinion.

You are right..I was able to buy a Roddy White on sale at walmart this past weekend. I still can not bring myself to buy Ryan just yet. I will be looking for Julio Jones next. I see an awful lot of Deon Sanders...I really want one of those. I am going to "misplace" my husband's Vick jersey. He just enjoys being obnoxious and talking trash with anyone who will entertain him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 05:20 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
3,461 posts, read 4,113,545 times
Reputation: 2157
I won't hate on the Vick fans considering the fact that the Falcons are about to give all us Atlantans the middle finger with this new stadium on tax payer money. With no public input , I might add (Funny how the state politicians are too chicken to raise taxes for transportation, but for a friggin' stadium it's okay).

How the heck does a team deserve a new stadium when they haven't even bought the town a Superbowl win? I don't get it.

In my book, you don't get shiny new presents for simply breathing. You get them for winning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz99 View Post
They come out in full force in those Jerseys when the Eagles are in town. My husband included. I try to talk him out of it, but it is no use. He never wears it to any other game except when playing Philadelphia. There is always interesting back in forth with the other fans who are disgusted by Vick. But he seems to relish this...Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top