U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM

13 posts, read 15,712 times

Advertisements

My family and I will be relocating to Marietta in November. My 10 year old son currently plays club/travel soccer and it is extremely important to him that he get on a team. The reason we did not move out with my husband is because my son didn't want to leave his current soccer team so it is a big part of his life. I've done a little research, but would like to hear personal experiences.

I've checked out SSA elite, which seems to be a merging of a lot of smaller clubs, but I'm concerned that their fields are far away. Although their DOC has been really helpful and responsive The other one was NASA, but I haven't heard back from them.

My plan so far is to live in the Pope or Walton high school boundaries. A club around that area would be great.

I'm looking for a quality club that cares about player skill development. My son isn't ever going to be recruited for anything so I don't need a crazy win win win at all costs atmosphere

Any insight would be great. I know there are super competitive parents wherever you go, I just don't want it to be the culture of the whole club.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM

14,532 posts, read 7,203,539 times
Only youth soccer club I know of is via AYSA - Atlanta Youth Soccer Association and they are not in the area you are looking at. You may be able to find info though on their website about other teams they have played that may be in the Walton district.

I do know that a few of the families I know who have kids play via AYSA live in Dekalb and Cobb and just drive down to play soccer, but I know I wouldn't if I lived in either of those counties or even 10 miles away from our regular field so I understand you desire to find a close club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or