U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-17-2012, 03:16 PM
 
Location: International Spacestation
5,207 posts, read 5,967,448 times
Reputation: 1415

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
No I couldn't.

1. He's dead.

2. My skills are for disarming people, and striking the pressure points and blocking chi's, I can not par on with a Guerilla. I've actually never had to use my practicing skills before. I've just walked away from most fights that didn't concern me. If someone had tried to hurt me with a gun/knife, I will do my best to defend myself, everyone in Atlanta should do the same.
Can you beat Chuck Norris?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2012, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Mableton, GA USA (NW Atlanta suburb, 4 miles OTP)
11,319 posts, read 21,904,797 times
Reputation: 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
I will try to pose this again..
What SAFE aera around ATLANTA can I go without having to worry about getting shot in the head or mugged?
Anyplace in Cobb county? What sort of "safe area" are you looking for? What can you afford?

What sort of bad experience did you have in Smyrna, and when?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Senoia, GA
254 posts, read 321,170 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Anyplace in Cobb county? What sort of "safe area" are you looking for? What can you afford?

What sort of bad experience did you have in Smyrna, and when?
Terrible experience in Smyrna. There used to be an apartment complex there on Windy Hill Rd. It was ghetto, they had to have security guards out there with semi-autos.. Thank God a rich lawyer filed a lawsuit and got the place BULLDOZED! I was jumping for joy thanking God when I got that letter. Then I got the HECK out of there, and bought a reasonable single family home.

I can afford between 50k-100k house. Nothing outside of those prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 PM
 
Location: International Spacestation
5,207 posts, read 5,967,448 times
Reputation: 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
Terrible experience in Smyrna. There used to be an apartment complex there on Windy Hill Rd. It was ghetto, they had to have security guards out there with semi-autos.. Thank God a rich lawyer filed a lawsuit and got the place BULLDOZED! I was jumping for joy thanking God when I got that letter. Then I got the HECK out of there, and bought a reasonable single family home.

I can afford between 50k-100k house. Nothing outside of those prices.
but, can you beat Chuck Norris though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2012, 11:36 PM
 
Location: Senoia, GA
254 posts, read 321,170 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
but, can you beat Chuck Norris though?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
738 posts, read 1,118,354 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
Terrible experience in Smyrna. There used to be an apartment complex there on Windy Hill Rd. It was ghetto, they had to have security guards out there with semi-autos.. Thank God a rich lawyer filed a lawsuit and got the place BULLDOZED! I was jumping for joy thanking God when I got that letter. Then I got the HECK out of there, and bought a reasonable single family home.

I can afford between 50k-100k house. Nothing outside of those prices.
Hmm. How long ago was that? I don't know a lot about Smyrna but I used to work off of Windy Hill and that area has improved a great deal just in the last 5 years or so.

You might try the area around Norcross, Tucker and Stone Mountain. Easy commute to the city, low real estate prices, diverse and reasonably safe. If you don't mind being a bit further out, try Grayson or Loganville. These will have lower crime, but a longer drive to the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
 
Location: Mableton, GA USA (NW Atlanta suburb, 4 miles OTP)
11,319 posts, read 21,904,797 times
Reputation: 3848
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
Terrible experience in Smyrna. There used to be an apartment complex there on Windy Hill Rd. It was ghetto, they had to have security guards out there with semi-autos.. Thank God a rich lawyer filed a lawsuit and got the place BULLDOZED! I was jumping for joy thanking God when I got that letter. Then I got the HECK out of there, and bought a reasonable single family home.

I can afford between 50k-100k house. Nothing outside of those prices.
Ah. Okay. You're talking about the very northern edge of Smyrna (I'm on the opposite end on the south side), and I've heard some fairly nasty things about some complexes in that area. Was that Hickory Lake Apartments?

Under 100k? I just checked a real estate site, and that price range is not hard to find in Smyrna ... the key is location. In a nutshell, south is good when it comes to that town, and really that whole quadrant of the county. As long as you stay north of Veterans Memorial Highway and don't live immediately adjacent to commercial areas like you find along South Cobb in places. Crime magnets. Dobbins ARB to the north has had a big impact on the northern third or so of Smyrna and unincorporate Cobb in the immediate area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2012, 08:28 PM
 
Location: Senoia, GA
254 posts, read 321,170 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Ah. Okay. You're talking about the very northern edge of Smyrna (I'm on the opposite end on the south side), and I've heard some fairly nasty things about some complexes in that area. Was that Hickory Lake Apartments?

Under 100k? I just checked a real estate site, and that price range is not hard to find in Smyrna ... the key is location. In a nutshell, south is good when it comes to that town, and really that whole quadrant of the county. As long as you stay north of Veterans Memorial Highway and don't live immediately adjacent to commercial areas like you find along South Cobb in places. Crime magnets. Dobbins ARB to the north has had a big impact on the northern third or so of Smyrna and unincorporate Cobb in the immediate area.
It was Hickory Lake. I am glad they bulldozed it to dust. It was only 2 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2012, 12:38 AM
 
Location: Senoia, GA
254 posts, read 321,170 times
Reputation: 127
Is there one city in Georgia that doesn't have a high crime rate? Is St. Simons nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2012, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
738 posts, read 1,118,354 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
Is there one city in Georgia that doesn't have a high crime rate? Is St. Simons nice?
We've already given you multiple recommendations for low-crime cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top