U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 AM

254 posts, read 321,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Are you for real? Mass murders in Atlanta, no crime in Senoia, wtf? Please stay your naive butt in the suburbs, we do not people of your thinking living in our diverse and improving city.
Never said there's no crime in Senoia. I said there's little crime. My wallet was stolen in Atlanta before.. Aren't you supposed to be helpful? All I am asking, which part of Atlanta hires most technician's in the state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
The amount of chuckles that came out of this thread is incredible. Just goes to show there are still many naive, closeted people out in this world and this country.
I see Atlanta sadly in your location. Now, you call me naive when all I am doing is asking about Atlanta.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 AM

616 posts, read 879,521 times
This one time I knew this guy in Atlanta and he got robbed like every day. For realz.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM

5,243 posts, read 4,390,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
Hi, I am new here. I moved to Georgia 2 years ago, I live in the small countryside town of Senoia. No crime out here, or anything of the sort. Atlanta has had it's fair share of crimes, mass murders, my Wallet was even stolen from me when I was in 2006 Atlanta. I've lived all around the metro aera, in Smyrna (my worst experience) Hampton, and now in Senoia. I was then thinking of asking, is it safe to visit Atlanta? Are the Schools good, I am thinking about getting a job as a Technician. Senoia is rual, and has nothing to offer but peace of mind and safety. But Atlanta has jobs to offer, so my question is, is Atlanta safe for a college graduate to work. Is it safe to visit, and is it still safe to live around it? Also, is Griffin, Georgia a nice place to live?
Well, first off, welcome to the boards KingJohn.

Just like anywhere else, just do your research before you move. I know that is what you attempting to do here, but you can't ask a blanket statement like, "Is Atlanta safe?" Taken as a whole, of course it is. There are certain areas I and many people would avoid. Figure out a general area where you want to work or live, then do the research. East Atlanta going to be different than Buckhead. College Park will be different than Midtown. Inman Park will be different than West End. You need to be much much more specific.

Once you have done some research on a specific area, I'm sure someone on the board will be happy to answer your question. Just make sure to search through the forum to make sure it hasn't been asked already.

Don't be offended by the jokes. Your question had significant comedic value.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM

22,207 posts, read 16,217,296 times
Quote:
Never said there's no crime in Senoia. I said there's little crime
Really?
Quote:
Hi, I am new here. I moved to Georgia 2 years ago, I live in the small countryside town of Senoia. No crime out here, or anything of the sort.
To be honest crime happens everywhere and anywhere. I moved to an intown neighborhood 1.5 years ago. I live on a main road, got an alarm system, and a dog for the back yard. Haven't had any problems and I even walk home from the MARTA station late at night, through Edgewood. I grew up in a big city and learned as a child to be aware of my surroundings. That is the #1 thing about living in a big city is to be aware of your surroundings and know where to go if something happened or where someone would jump you. Another big thing, don't be walking around with your smartphone or any other electronic advertising what you have.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,414,527 times
Just stay in the suburbs. You will fit in better there. The end

Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 PM

1,971 posts, read 2,389,031 times
To answer the question, statistically crime is down in Atlanta. 15-20 years ago it was like 2nd worst crime rate in the country. Now it's 37th. You won't get mass murdered but you might get your TV stolen. I moved to East Atlanta Village in June and my stuff was stolen by August.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:47 PM

22,207 posts, read 16,217,296 times
Quote:
Just stay in the suburbs. You will fit in better there. The end
Best advice for you.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Well, first off, welcome to the boards KingJohn.

Just like anywhere else, just do your research before you move. I know that is what you attempting to do here, but you can't ask a blanket statement like, "Is Atlanta safe?" Taken as a whole, of course it is. There are certain areas I and many people would avoid. Figure out a general area where you want to work or live, then do the research. East Atlanta going to be different than Buckhead. College Park will be different than Midtown. Inman Park will be different than West End. You need to be much much more specific.

Once you have done some research on a specific area, I'm sure someone on the board will be happy to answer your question. Just make sure to search through the forum to make sure it hasn't been asked already.

Don't be offended by the jokes. Your question had significant comedic value.
You have been the nicest person here so far. Thank you very much.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Really?

To be honest crime happens everywhere and anywhere. I moved to an intown neighborhood 1.5 years ago. I live on a main road, got an alarm system, and a dog for the back yard. Haven't had any problems and I even walk home from the MARTA station late at night, through Edgewood. I grew up in a big city and learned as a child to be aware of my surroundings. That is the #1 thing about living in a big city is to be aware of your surroundings and know where to go if something happened or where someone would jump you. Another big thing, don't be walking around with your smartphone or any other electronic advertising what you have.
Yes, I know crime happens everywhere. Which is why home security is important when living in any Urban city. Now that I know the parts of Atlanta to avoid, I can search for more opprotunites in the OK parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or