U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:51 AM

254 posts, read 322,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
People have named plenty of them, you just apparently choose not to see or hear what people are saying. Thats on you. And did it ever occur to you that some people just like city life? Not everyone wants to live in small town Georgia where there is nothing to do. And to act like GA as a state is safe outside the A is str8 up silly dude. This state as a whole has one of highest crime rates the the nation, and places like Dalton, Savannah, Griffin just to name a few are just as much to blame as Atlanta. Freedom Park, Piedmont Park, Coan Park among others are way nicer than anything you will find in Senioa or wherever the heck town you're from. You don't want to jog in Atlanta then don't. Simple as that
No not everyone wants to live in a small town in Georgia. But not everyone wants to live in a place where there is break-ins. Earlier 2 days ago a guy said Home Invasions are "harmless". I don't know who wants a lunatic breaking in their home.

St Simons Island has NO crime actually... But I wouldn't want to live there, it's too long a drive back to PA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 10:30 AM

738 posts, read 1,121,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
No not everyone wants to live in a small town in Georgia. But not everyone wants to live in a place where there is break-ins. Earlier 2 days ago a guy said Home Invasions are "harmless". I don't know who wants a lunatic breaking in their home.

St Simons Island has NO crime actually... But I wouldn't want to live there, it's too long a drive back to PA.
I'm not a guy, but I'm the one who said home invasions were relatively harmless, because in general nobody gets hurt, it's only stuff that gets stolen. It's fundamentally a theft, rather than being an inherently violent crime like assault or rape. But I also said I wouldn't want anyone doing this to me or my family. Personally it would freak me right the eff out if it happened to me. I have an alarm system, a dog, a brown belt in martial arts, and some weapons, but I would never feel safe in my own home after that.

For the record, it happened again in Kirkwood yesterday - this time it was a lady pushing a baby stroller at 9 am, who was held up at gunpoint. But I'll bet this one doesn't get in the newspaper either.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 AM

1,971 posts, read 2,395,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchnerd View Post

For the record, it happened again in Kirkwood yesterday - this time it was a lady pushing a baby stroller at 9 am, who was held up at gunpoint. But I'll bet this one doesn't get in the newspaper either.
On which street?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:02 AM

22,244 posts, read 16,289,595 times
Quote:
I have an alarm system, a dog, a brown belt in martial arts, and some weapons, but I would never feel safe in my own home after that.
Brown belt? I'm impressed, don't try and walk behind this lady.
Quote:
On which street?
Norwood and Fowler. Again the lady had an iPhone in plain sight. The criminal grabbed the phone and ran off.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:06 AM

1,971 posts, read 2,395,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Norwood and Fowler. Again the lady had an iPhone in plain sight. The criminal grabbed the phone and ran off.
Where do you find the info about neighborhood crimes like this?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Brown belt? I'm impressed, don't try and walk behind this lady.

The criminal grabbed the phone and ran off...after holding her up with a gun and demanding her money. Thankfully, nobody was hurt.

rzzz, try Kirkwood Neighbors' Organization (KNO) :: Kirkwood Neighborhood, Atlanta, GA

Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
I live close to Coan Park...never seen or heard of people getting robbed and mugged. Sure it happens but as many people as I see who either jog or walk their kids down Hosea Williams it cant be that serious.
If you've never heard of any of this, you aren't paying attention. Do you read local crime reports or check the crime maps?

Old 10-16-2012, 01:06 PM

22,244 posts, read 16,289,595 times
Quote:
The criminal grabbed the phone and ran off...after holding her up with a gun and demanding her money. Thankfully, nobody was hurt.
Sounds like a teenager crime, thankfully the lady and her baby were not harmed.
A great way to deter crime like this is to get more people using the sidewalks. More eyes on the street the better. We need to send a message to the criminals that crimes like these will not scare us off the sidewalks.

Old 10-16-2012, 01:48 PM

254 posts, read 322,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchnerd View Post
I'm not a guy, but I'm the one who said home invasions were relatively harmless, because in general nobody gets hurt, it's only stuff that gets stolen. It's fundamentally a theft, rather than being an inherently violent crime like assault or rape. But I also said I wouldn't want anyone doing this to me or my family. Personally it would freak me right the eff out if it happened to me. I have an alarm system, a dog, a brown belt in martial arts, and some weapons, but I would never feel safe in my own home after that.

Pitiful. 9 AM in the morning?! Thats when I jog. I'm positive I'd be able to knock down any thief if he held me at gunpoint, but, due to my agressive nature when it comes to Martial Arts-I might be the one going to prison..Which is why I need a safe place. Not for my own safety, but for the safety of the person that tries to kill me. I will just ask this, is Alpheretta, Georgia and Milton, Georgia safe? They are all 30 minutes away from Atlanta, I can do it if they are safe.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:19 PM

28,203 posts, read 24,809,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
Pitiful. 9 AM in the morning?! Thats when I jog. I'm positive I'd be able to knock down any thief if he held me at gunpoint, but, due to my agressive nature when it comes to Martial Arts-I might be the one going to prison..Which is why I need a safe place. Not for my own safety, but for the safety of the person that tries to kill me.
Now that's the way to handle it!

I pity the fool who tries to mess with a man like you. Just turn the tables on that sucker before he knows what hit him.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or