U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Senoia, GA
254 posts, read 322,724 times
Reputation: 127

Advertisements

Hi, I am new here. I moved to Georgia 2 years ago, I live in the small countryside town of Senoia. No crime out here, or anything of the sort. Atlanta has had it's fair share of crimes, mass murders, my Wallet was even stolen from me when I was in 2006 Atlanta. I've lived all around the metro aera, in Smyrna (my worst experience) Hampton, and now in Senoia. I was then thinking of asking, is it safe to visit Atlanta? Are the Schools good, I am thinking about getting a job as a Technician. Senoia is rual, and has nothing to offer but peace of mind and safety. But Atlanta has jobs to offer, so my question is, is Atlanta safe for a college graduate to work. Is it safe to visit, and is it still safe to live around it? Also, is Griffin, Georgia a nice place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM
 
2,564 posts, read 3,604,536 times
Reputation: 2950
Dude, are you really a college graduate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM
 
Location: ATL
4,688 posts, read 6,431,247 times
Reputation: 1804
Atlanta isnt safe. The KKK still have marches here and our suburbs are filled with the "Honey Boo Boo" types. Stay were you are!!!! Last Friday a crackhead in downtown tried to sell me a turtle for $3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA (Sandy Springs)
3,864 posts, read 2,394,498 times
Reputation: 2938
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
is Atlanta safe for a college graduate to work.
Nope, there's no college graduates working here. They are all too scared to do it. Just not possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:19 PM
 
Location: Senoia, GA
254 posts, read 322,724 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Atlanta isnt safe. The KKK still have marches here and our suburbs are filled with the "Honey Boo Boo" types. Stay were you are!!!! Last Friday a crackhead in downtown tried to sell me a turtle for $3
The KKK marches through the Atlanta suburbs? I thought they were in Southern Georgia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Senoia, GA
254 posts, read 322,724 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Nope, there's no college graduates working here. They are all too scared to do it. Just not possible.
I don't think that's true. I just need to know the opprotunity filled spots of Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 AM
 
6,797 posts, read 6,638,795 times
Reputation: 5416
The amount of chuckles that came out of this thread is incredible. Just goes to show there are still many naive, closeted people out in this world and this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,294 posts, read 16,325,892 times
Reputation: 4948
Quote:
Hi, I am new here. I moved to Georgia 2 years ago, I live in the small countryside town of Senoia. No crime out here, or anything of the sort. Atlanta has had it's fair share of crimes, mass murders, my Wallet was even stolen from me when I was in 2006 Atlanta. I've lived all around the metro aera, in Smyrna (my worst experience) Hampton, and now in Senoia. I was then thinking of asking, is it safe to visit Atlanta? Are the Schools good, I am thinking about getting a job as a Technician. Senoia is rual, and has nothing to offer but peace of mind and safety. But Atlanta has jobs to offer, so my question is, is Atlanta safe for a college graduate to work. Is it safe to visit, and is it still safe to live around it? Also, is Griffin, Georgia a nice place to live?
Are you for real? Mass murders in Atlanta, no crime in Senoia, wtf? Please stay your naive butt in the suburbs, we do not people of your thinking living in our diverse and improving city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 AM
 
2,081 posts, read 2,016,937 times
Reputation: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Are you for real? Mass murders in Atlanta, no crime in Senoia, wtf? Please stay your naive butt in the suburbs, we do not people of your thinking living in our diverse and improving city.
I mean, there is at least some truth to part of his statement, right? It's a pretty far cry from Juarez, but there has been a mass murder this calender year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,294 posts, read 16,325,892 times
Reputation: 4948
Quote:
I mean, there is at least some truth to part of his statement, right? It's a pretty far cry from Juarez, but there has been a mass murder this calender year.
What constitutes a mass murder? To me it what happened in Colorado, not 3 people getting shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top