U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2012, 03:44 PM
 
Location: ATL
4,688 posts, read 6,419,588 times
Reputation: 1804

Advertisements

The corporate office for a chain of fast food restaurants is relocating to Atlanta.The Krystal Co. announced Wednesday it will move from Chattanooga, Tenn., to a new headquarters in north Atlanta in early 2013. About 60 employees work at its corporate office.
“Our five-year plan calls for aggressive new store growth and Atlanta provides a more central location with access to the one of the country’s largest airports,” CEO Doug Pendergast said in a statement. “Our new support center will enable us to provide better support to our existing restaurants and to accelerate new restaurant development across the Southeast.”


Krystal moving to Atlanta - Atlanta Business Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
 
Location: North Fulton
1,039 posts, read 1,966,206 times
Reputation: 599
Cool, and a catch for Atlanta. That is interesting as I never knew where Krystal's headquarters were (figured it was in the South somewhere). Krystal's is a carbon copy of White Castle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 04:20 PM
 
12,948 posts, read 21,056,522 times
Reputation: 4101
Awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,243 posts, read 4,396,466 times
Reputation: 2723
Ooooh yeah. Proud to have the headquarters one of the best drunk foods in the world here in the A!

Just make sure not to get a DUI when getting some KUI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 05:51 PM
 
Location: Savannah GA
13,162 posts, read 15,994,670 times
Reputation: 9182
Two points worth making. First, that being home to a "corporate HQ" isn't always such the huge deal that some people make it out to be. Sure, HQs for Coke, Home Depot, Delta, UPS etc. ARE a huge deal, but 60 employees working in the home office of Krystal is not.

Second point, and on the flip side, is Krystal citing access to "one of the country's largest airports" as the prime reason for the relocation. Even if the size and scope of Krystal isn't all that, this is another good example of how HJIA sets Atlanta apart from other cities in the Southeast and nation (for all those people who constantly try and argue that having the busiest airport is no big deal).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 06:35 PM
 
Location: ATL
4,688 posts, read 6,419,588 times
Reputation: 1804
I thought no more jobs would move to Atlanta after the transportation bill didn't pass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 PM
 
2,407 posts, read 2,616,624 times
Reputation: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I thought no more jobs would move to Atlanta after the transportation bill didn't pass?


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 11:28 PM
 
Location: Mableton, GA USA (NW Atlanta suburb, 4 miles OTP)
11,319 posts, read 21,940,610 times
Reputation: 3853
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeleylake View Post
Cool, and a catch for Atlanta. That is interesting as I never knew where Krystal's headquarters were (figured it was in the South somewhere). Krystal's is a carbon copy of White Castle.
Krystal's burgers have mustard, which I prefer sometimes. White Castles don't. I grew up in White Castle territory, tho, and I miss my chicken rings!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 12:11 AM
 
731 posts, read 646,286 times
Reputation: 328
yay fast food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Inman Park
402 posts, read 569,996 times
Reputation: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
The corporate office for a chain of fast food restaurants is relocating to Atlanta.The Krystal Co. announced Wednesday it will move from Chattanooga, Tenn., to a new headquarters in north Atlanta in early 2013. About 60 employees work at its corporate office.
“Our five-year plan calls for aggressive new store growth and Atlanta provides a more central location with access to the one of the country’s largest airports,” CEO Doug Pendergast said in a statement. “Our new support center will enable us to provide better support to our existing restaurants and to accelerate new restaurant development across the Southeast.”


Krystal moving to Atlanta - Atlanta Business Chronicle
By 'North Atlanta' do they even mean Atlanta? I think they probably mean somewhere out in the burbs. **** em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top