U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,375,674 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I would never live anywhere off Collier, there is a strip club right up the road...
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 11:28 AM

11,319 posts, read 21,892,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
nope Starlight is the only one...but I can see why you would question that...its stays crowded and it is dead smack in the middle of the hood. Someone just got shot there recently.
We've been there a dozen times or more, and it was rarely crowded, but we've gone during the week so that may be part of it.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 AM

22,147 posts, read 16,147,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
first of all i dont appreciate you calling my response ignorant...second of all I grew up in Atlanta and I can tell you that it is in the hood. Thomasville is right around the corner...a strip club is right up the street. And its a lot of rift raft up and down that part of moreland. and I didnt say it happened all the time but it does happen. I hate it when people respond and dont know what the hell they are talking about

A false image of Atlanta. HA!..you probably just moved to Atlanta and have never been to that side of town but think you know what goes on.
Alright, Donnie or Donna don't get your panties in a wad. I visit the Starlight a lot, the only place I'll go and see a movie. I stop at the Kroger every time. I have been to SE Atlanta many times and yeah its not NE, but its not the hood. People don't need to worry about being a victim when they go to the Starlight.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:42 AM

2,407 posts, read 2,610,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Alright, Donnie or Donna don't get your panties in a wad. I visit the Starlight a lot, the only place I'll go and see a movie. I stop at the Kroger every time. I have been to SE Atlanta many times and yeah its not NE, but its not the hood. People don't need to worry about being a victim when they go to the Starlight.
Does MARTA go near there?

Old 10-04-2012, 11:43 AM

22,147 posts, read 16,147,338 times
Yes, Bus route #4 MARTA - Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, travels down Moreland.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:16 PM

6,612 posts, read 6,537,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Does MARTA go near there?
Yes, but I think you might need a car to see a drive-in movie.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:42 PM

2,407 posts, read 2,610,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post

Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM

1,971 posts, read 2,382,939 times
I've been to 3 movies at Starlight 6. It doesn't seem dangerous, mostly families and people on dates. I'm not sure if it's the hood out there. It feels more like the middle of nowhere. Bring provisions.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,555,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Its not dead smack in the middle of the hood https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...27874&t=h&z=16. What neighborhood is around there? An old landfill is behind, church across the street.
Its ignorant comments like this that give a false image of Atlanta. The guy that got shot was unfortunate, but it does not happen all the time and people do not get robbed at the drive in. Hell a lot people got shot in Gwinnett County this year, but people still live there.
i'm one of the biggest atlanta promoters around, but let's be realistic: the neighbourhood around the starlight drive-in is not very nice. it's right south of thomasville heights and the former public housing complex there. the neighbourhoods north of there, chosewood park, benteen park, etc., despite some restoration are still very borderline and it gets worse as you go down moreland from I-20. it's near the abandoned prison farm off of key road. are there worse places in atlanta? absolutely. but would i want to be walking down moreland & constitution road at 2 AM? hell no.

the only thing about this part of town is that it's very sparsely populated so being the victim of a shooting is not likely, simply because there's no one around. it feels like being way out in the country, but if you drive a couple of more miles you're in fairly densely populated stockbridge, lithonia, redan, etc. it's one of the oddities about atlanta, that we have surprisingly rural areas ITP.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM

11,319 posts, read 21,892,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
We sit in Captains chairs with a folding table in front of the car and make a picnic of it. Unless they had a policy against it, I see no reason why you couldn't hike in with chairs and an FM walkman or something so you can hear the movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or