U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 PM

811 posts, read 784,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
He's a legislature for christ's sake, of course, he is forcing his viewpoints on us. He's either pandering or a nut case or both.
I don't see him doing anything of the such. Legislators are real people with real beliefs. There is nothing wrong with what he's doing.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
You can't be serious. You're being sarcastic, right?
I'm serious.

Do you believe? I do. I've seen it.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,652,021 times
Note - the topic isn't about religious beliefs in general or comparing yours to others. It's about a statement the rep said. Thank you.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFLASHPORT View Post
What God is that? The same one you pray to? No thanks buddy. I'll accept my fate and burn for it. I can't see subscribing to a belief system based on folklore, hate and intolerance. I'll take my chances.

as I said, whatever helps you sleep at night.

SIDENOTE: HOLD ONTO YOUR HUMANITY! THE FUNDIES ARE IN THE HOUSE!
What hate is that? I don't recall Jesus speaking of hate. Jesus loves all. He is a friend of sinners, so I don't understand why you'd say such, unless you're simply not well versed on the Bible.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:33 PM

69 posts, read 148,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
What hate is that? I don't recall Jesus speaking of hate. Jesus loves all. He is a friend of sinners, so I don't understand why you'd say such, unless you're simply not well versed on the Bible.
Troll,

I'm not going to respond to someone who is a brainwashed zealot. organized religion in all forms have killed more human beings than all diseases known to mankind. Whatever helps you sleep at night pal.

Back on TOPIC, if a public official shows up and makes such statements, they are indeed accountable for them. Broun is no different than the nutjob we had on the Cobb commission in district 2 who showed up at a church and went on a tirade against white people, talked of conspiracy theories, and was asked not to come back, and ended up traveling to South Carolina to hire some "voodoo" prince to put a curse on her fellow county employees. It's too bad she was a religious nutbag, she had some valid concerns about inequality in our county government, but when you start spouting this B.S., your credibility goes down the crapper.

Broun is typical of good old boy bible belt politics are alive and well in Gawga.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Troll,

I'm not going to respond to someone who is a brainwashed zealot. organized religion in all forms have killed more human beings than all diseases known to mankind. Whatever helps you sleep at night pal.
Thanks for the comment. That's rather nice of you.

Christianity isn't all organized religion, and even then, no, religion hasn't killed more human beings than all diseases known to mankind. If you want to be honest, secularist have killed the most, particularly those under communism, where faith is chided. I know that you have heard people lie about killing in the name of religion, but you are simply repeating an invalidated lie.

Quote:
Back on TOPIC, if a public official shows up and makes such statements, they are indeed accountable for them.
No one said that they weren't. However, I'm certain that such will rather endear Mr. Broun more to his constituents than he already is. It will also likely ensure that many people go out and vote for him. I would if he were my representative.

Quote:
Broun is no different than the nutjob we had on the Cobb commission in district 2 who showed up at a church and went on a tirade against white people, talked of conspiracy theories, and was asked not to come back, and ended up traveling to South Carolina to hire some "voodoo" prince to put a curse on her fellow county employees. It's too bad she was a religious nutbag, she had some valid concerns about inequality in our county government, but when you start spouting this B.S., your credibility goes down the crapper.
You equate Christianity and the love of Jesus with hatred and voodoo?

Google or Youtube, "I went to Heaven", or "I went to Hell".

I'd say Broun's credibility is rather secure. In my opinion, you've been misled.

Quote:
Broun is typical of good old boy bible belt politics are alive and well in Gawga.
I'm thankful that we have men like him.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:53 PM

69 posts, read 148,460 times
I wish people like Broun and the rest of these cockroaches would come out and be honest. Go ahead redneck bigot, don your white sheet. Come on, let's shake the baseboards and get all these cockroaches out in the light, and call them on what they truly are: hate filled feeding maggots who live off the insecurity and inadequacies of those who worship them and give them "attaboys".

Then let's go ge the biggest cans of RAID we can find. I wish these people would just go exist somewhere esle.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
I wish people like Broun and the rest of these cockroaches would come out and be honest. Go ahead redneck bigot, don your white sheet. Come on, let's shake the baseboards and get all these cockroaches out in the light, and call them on what they truly are: hate filled feeding maggots who live off the insecurity and inadequacies of those who worship them and give them "attaboys".

Then let's go ge the biggest cans of RAID we can find. I wish these people would just go exist somewhere esle.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:19 AM

265 posts, read 341,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Maybe this guy Jesus did not hate. Maybe he does love all. But many of those that have continued his preachings have used his words to hate; to further their beliefs not his. If you don't see the hate in religion you need to open you eyes.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,433,505 times
This thread is doomed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or