U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 AM

811 posts, read 785,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
Maybe this guy Jesus did not hate. Maybe he does love all. But many of those that have continued his preachings have used his words to hate; to further their beliefs not his. If you don't see the hate in religion you need to open you eyes.
Who is hating? You're always going to have a few people misuse Christianity, but that is a tiny percentage.

Do you see hate in anything relating to the Passion Conference and this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fL-TwKzkCk

Come to Jesus!

Old 10-08-2012, 01:07 AM

811 posts, read 785,303 times
More good stuff relating to the fallacies of an old Earth.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/media/video/ondemand/new-answers-dvds/christians-accept-millions-years

Old 10-08-2012, 01:30 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,435,267 times
Look, you're not convincing anyone and no one is going to convince you. Let's just leave it at that.

It looks like this story is making national headlines btw.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:43 AM

69 posts, read 148,557 times
Yes, it's in the national news now. My sister, who lives in NYC and has since 1993, sent me an iMessage asking me is this still going on? She proceeded to point put that, like Bill Byrne, and the rest of these inbreds that, like cockroaches often do, wind their way into anything and everything, covering it with urine and feces, breeding their hate and driving people away. It's just one of the many reasons why rational, logical minded people with IQs higher tha 60 RUN not walk far, far away from this state. No one wants to live in a society run by a bunch of freaks who cannot respect the simple fact that other people believe differently than them. And not all of us make it our mission in life to ram our personal beliefs down the throats of everyone we come in contact with.

Btw, it's a big turnoff you religious people, BACK OFF. Ask any woman who's been the victim of the guy who really wants to go out with her and won't stop calling or texting. It's borderline stalking how crazy you people are.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 AM

230 posts, read 396,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
This thread is doomed....
Agreed.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 AM

3,243 posts, read 3,036,763 times
The story has broken in Europe as well. I can't believe that any sane person would vote for people like Akin & Broun. Is this what the Republican party has become, a haven for bigotry, ignorance?

Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,314,176 times
There are plenty of educated people who do not believe in evolution. It does not make you ignorant as some have said. It actually makes them ignorant for thinking only what they believe is correct.

Would it have been this big of a deal if a Democrat said, "Creationism lies from the pit of Heaven?"

Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 AM

1,971 posts, read 2,396,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
The story has broken in Europe as well. I can't believe that any sane person would vote for people like Akin & Broun. Is this what the Republican party has become, a haven for bigotry, ignorance?
Half the population believes the same sorts of things these guys say.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 AM

265 posts, read 341,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
There are plenty of educated people who do not believe in evolution. It does not make you ignorant as some have said. It actually makes them ignorant for thinking only what they believe is correct.

Would it have been this big of a deal if a Democrat said, "Creationism lies from the pit of Heaven?"
Then they are not really educated now are they? They just think they are educated. I bet you even "believe" the earth is flat. They is a big difference between beliefs and knowledge.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,314,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
Then they are not really educated now are they? They just think they are educated. I bet you even "believe" the earth is flat. They is a big difference between beliefs and knowledge.
I guess we have differing views on being educated.

I would consider myself educated I attended an "elite" secular private school in Manhattan and graduated from Emory. My brother the same credentials as myself and my sister the same except she also has a masters from Harvard. My other sister attenended an "elite" secular private school in Manhattan, a private religious affiliated "elite" Buckhead school, graduated from Vanderbilt, and Emory masters. My wife(public k-8, secular "elite" private HS) has her undergrad from Spelman and masters from Emory. We all believe in creationism. I could rattle of more but,I have things to get done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or