U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 PM

4,688 posts, read 6,408,610 times

Advertisements

Both are this weekend. Help support good local events

Taste of Atlanta - October 5+6+7, 2012

Taste of Atlanta

Taste of Atlanta is Atlanta's premier food+wine+beer+cocktail festival that showcases the diversity of Atlanta's food scene and attracts food lovers from Atlanta, the Southeast and beyond.

Now in its 11th year, this year's festival is again at Tech Square in the heart of Midtown Atlanta encompassing Spring Street and 5th Street.

Atlanta Streets Alive
Atlanta Streets Alive!

OCTOBER 7th 2012: Atlanta Streets Alive comes to Highland Avenue!
The October 7th Atlanta Streets Alive Event event connects Virginia-Highland, Atkins Park, Poncey-Highland, Inman Park and Old Fourth Ward neighborhoods. While the past four Atlanta Streets Alive events have attracted on average 3,400 people, our goal is to attract 10,000 people to the street of North Highland Avenue. Local residents can expect a blend of outdoor activities such as cycling, rollerblading, skateboarding, hula-hooping, yoga, kickboxing, and bootcamps to more cultural activities such as “theatre on the move”, various a cappella groups, marching bands, choirs and bicycle art.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,357,428 times
Default Ray's New York Pizza vs Antico.

I haven't had a good non-chain pie in quite some time. Antico was highly recommended by my work colleagues. Rather than go to the Taste of Atlanta; I want to take the family out for pizza. Who serves the best pizza? Ray's or Antico? Can't miss with either? Go to ______ NOW! Does one offer a better ambiance for a family with small children?

Old 10-06-2012, 10:23 AM

2,124 posts, read 3,394,976 times
Had both and wasn't impressed with either. Honestly I haven't been impressed with any pizza i've tried here.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,117,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
I haven't had a good non-chain pie in quite some time. Antico was highly recommended by my work colleagues. Rather than go to the Taste of Atlanta; I want to take the family out for pizza. Who serves the best pizza? Ray's or Antico? Can't miss with either? Go to ______ NOW! Does one offer a better ambiance for a family with small children?
ANTICO
ANTICO
ANTICO
ANTICO

Ray's offers a better ambiance for a family in general, but you can ask to be seated in the kitchen at Antico (Antico Pizza - Pizza Tradizionale di Napoli - The Atlanta Market).

If I were you, I would choose, Antico.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 PM

7,797 posts, read 11,738,575 times
Taste of Atlanta was well attended and there were huge crowds throughout the day:

I'd also like to take a moment to show off just how beautiful (and dense) the area from 5th Street to 10th has become.

It wasn't that long ago that this area was nothing more than a collection of empty lots, abandonded warehouses, and various street characters.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:37 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,357,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Had both and wasn't impressed with either. Honestly I haven't been impressed with any pizza i've tried here.
I am hoping that this will not be my experience. I appreciate your candor. For sure, there is always Papa Johns. They have stepped up huge! So far, they have been very consistent, regardless of city/ state location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
ANTICO
ANTICO
ANTICO
ANTICO

Ray's offers a better ambiance for a family in general, but you can ask to be seated in the kitchen at Antico (Antico Pizza - Pizza Tradizionale di Napoli - The Atlanta Market).

If I were you, I would choose, Antico.
This is the sentiment of my co-workers. We would have gone 10/6 if my daughter was feeling up to it. So we opted for Thai takeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Taste of Atlanta was well attended and there were huge crowds throughout the day:

I'd also like to take a moment to show off just how beautiful (and dense) the area from 5th Street to 10th has become.

It wasn't that long ago that this area was nothing more than a collection of empty lots, abandonded warehouses, and various street characters.
NICE!

Old 10-07-2012, 04:07 PM

I checked out the new trail today. It was nice

Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM

Atlanta Streets Alive

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or