U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 02:27 PM

28,107 posts, read 24,632,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Germans are special.
Particularly when it comes to the fiendishly clever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 PM

11,319 posts, read 21,889,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
These do work, but they cause an extremely dangerous environment for cyclists.
Most of the Atlanta metro is already a dangerous environment for cyclists.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:23 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,958,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Most of the Atlanta metro is already a dangerous environment for cyclists.
I think cycling about anywhere in metro Atlanta outside of designated bike trails in parks is suicidal. The only time cycling on a major road might work is very early on a Sunday morning at the crack of dawn.

From what I have seen over the years, speed bumps and more police presence in the area are the only things that curb most speeders in most residential areas.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:55 PM

6,458 posts, read 7,253,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeleylake View Post
I think cycling about anywhere in metro Atlanta outside of designated bike trails in parks is suicidal. The only time cycling on a major road might work is very early on a Sunday morning at the crack of dawn.

From what I have seen over the years, speed bumps and more police presence in the area are the only things that curb most speeders in most residential areas.
I never realized how spoiled I was growing up... at least for recreational cycling only.

I grew up in large subdivision where you could bike 15 miles with repeating only a few major streets going each way. I use to bike everyday.

One thing I really wish could do to change zoning and reintegrate older neighborhoods is make the back of different neighborhoods connect for walking and biking, even if not cars.

It would greatly expand local recreational opportunities. I realized in my corner of Lilburn... it would half my walk/bike to the nearest park if there was a path from the back of my neighborhood to the back of the next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta