U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:35 PM

7,737 posts, read 9,611,378 times

Advertisements

At least they live in the area so nobody will be able to call them scared suburbanites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 03:39 PM
JPD

11,883 posts, read 14,547,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Thanks

Old 10-15-2012, 04:17 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,540,974 times
I walk my dog to pee/poop through the grass of the Civic Center and past Roosevelt Park multiple times a day, often in the wee hours of the morning, and have never felt threatened by the homeless. These people who have nothing better to do than bother the homeless need to find something more productive to do with their lives.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 PM

28,250 posts, read 24,859,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
At least they live in the area so nobody will be able to call them scared suburbanites.
Your typical scared suburbanite who is freaked out by urban density doesn't stand a chance in the big city. They simply don't have the swagger or the street smarts to handle a diverse crowd. They have no idea where the post-hipster bars are or which bus takes you there. It's Mac versus Windows.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:55 PM

7,737 posts, read 9,611,378 times
Quote:
These people who have nothing better to do than bother the homeless need to find something more productive to do with their lives.
You're exatly right. I'm positive that 600 local residents were sitting around thinking, "Damn it, I'm so bored! What can I do with my life? Hmmm...... Wait! I know! Those homeless people in the park who aren't bothering anybody, why don't I sign a petition to see if I can get rid of them! Surely that will cure my boredom and give me something productive to do with my life."

Why don't you start a petition to the mayor's office to leave the people in the park alone and see if you can get 600 signatures.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:02 PM

21,204 posts, read 33,187,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
I never said this park was on the Westside.

Reading comprehension fail.

And it was a joke. Calm down ladies.
Did you not say 'Westside Beltline's Future'?
We can all read.
Discuss.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 PM

2,407 posts, read 2,621,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Did you not say 'Westside Beltline's Future'?
We can all read.
Discuss.
Yes.

The joke was that this is the sort of problems the Beltline on the Westside will encounter... because of the poor people... and the homelessness... and drugs... these impoverished areas won't take care of a nice park... these parts of town are dirty and there is a general lack of pride in the neighborhoods and their appearance and sense of good order and lawfullness...

THAT was the joke. You know, one of those 1/2 truths that has some truth to it but is stated very over the top?

Need further explanation?

C'mon son.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,091,487 times
Its always easy for people to write online that someone is complaining and should toughen up because its the city. I live nearby and have always wished it was cleaned up. Open drug dealing and other problems are not what I define as things people need to be quiet about and mind their own business. Its an issue and one reason why most residents don't use that park. Given how much the general area is changing for the better it will be interesting to see how long this is allowed to continue and for that matter how long the shelter will find a way to stay open.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:55 PM

21,204 posts, read 33,187,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Yes.

The joke was that this is the sort of problems the Beltline on the Westside will encounter... because of the poor people... and the homelessness... and drugs... these impoverished areas won't take care of a nice park... these parts of town are dirty and there is a general lack of pride in the neighborhoods and their appearance and sense of good order and lawfullness...

THAT was the joke. You know, one of those 1/2 truths that has some truth to it but is stated very over the top?

Need further explanation?

C'mon son.
I'm certainly not your 'son'. I am in fact a lady, the term you used to demean people on this thread. Speaks volumes.

Last edited by Iconographer; 10-15-2012 at 08:04 PM..

Old 10-15-2012, 08:29 PM

743 posts, read 656,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
I walk my dog to pee/poop through the grass of the Civic Center and past Roosevelt Park multiple times a day, often in the wee hours of the morning, and have never felt threatened by the homeless. These people who have nothing better to do than bother the homeless need to find something more productive to do with their lives.
Wait... you're saying that the people who live there are the ones bothering the drug dealing, urinating in public, homeless people? The same homeless people that will chase you down, stalk you walking out of a grocery store, and run up to you on a restaurant patio. Are you insane?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or