U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:24 AM

2,407 posts, read 2,612,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I'm certainly not your 'son'. I am in fact a lady, the term you used to demean people on this thread. Speaks volumes.
removed No need to get all worked up.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 10-16-2012 at 10:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 06:41 AM

22,166 posts, read 16,173,511 times
Quote:
The joke was that this is the sort of problems the Beltline on the Westside will encounter... because of the poor people... and the homelessness... and drugs... these impoverished areas won't take care of a nice park... these parts of town are dirty and there is a general lack of pride in the neighborhoods and their appearance and sense of good order and lawfullness...
How does a park in SoNo have anything to do with a park that is being developed on the opposite side of town? Your just trying to stir the crap up.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:43 AM

2,407 posts, read 2,612,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
You're just trying to stir the crap up.
Let me fix that for you.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 AM

22,166 posts, read 16,173,511 times
Quote:
Let me fix that for you.
Never claimed to be spelling bee champ.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 AM

14,423 posts, read 7,107,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
The joke was that this is the sort of problems the Beltline on the Westside will encounter... because of the poor people... and the homelessness... and drugs... these impoverished areas won't take care of a nice park... these parts of town are dirty and there is a general lack of pride in the neighborhoods and their appearance and sense of good order and lawfullness...
Renaissance Park has been there as long as I've been in Atlanta, since the late 1990s. There is a major homeless shelter in the area that attracts a large amount of homeless people who congregate there. This park is nothing like any of the parks on the Westside, so I don't get your "joke."

There is not a homeless issue at Maddox Park, the park slated for development, which is off of Donald L Hollowell and is right across the street from Bankhead station and the DFCS building. I have never seen homeless people congregating there. I drive by it now everyday, I used to drive through it every day until they started all the construction and closed Arlington Cir, which goes through the park.

There is a park near Kennedy Middle School, which is not frequented by homeless people. Washington Park is not frequented by homeless people. Grove Park (further west) is not frequented by homeless people. The one further west on Hollowell, can't remember its name, but it has the fountain that residents keep complaining is never running correctly because the parks department doesn't maintain it like it does other recreational fountains in the city, it is near the Zone One police precinct, it does not have a homeless problem. There are quite a few parks on the Westside. None of them have the problems that Renaissance Park has, mostly because there aren't any homeless shelters near them. Renaissance Park is a unique situation and cannot be compared to the proposed Beltline improvements on the Westside. I know you despise the Westside, but you yourself have stated that you used to work at Morehouse so I am assuming that you would have driven by Cleophas (always laugh at that name) Johnson park on Fair St. and Northside Dr. across from the Burger King. There isn't a homeless problem there or West End Park. One park in West End, the one on RDA and Peeples, had a homeless guy there that I know of within the past few years, but even that one is nothing like the issues at Renaissance because there is not a large congregation of homeless in any of these areas. But like I said, you are probably well aware of this but just want to discourage beautiful places in the city I guess, or maybe you want the whole Westside demolished so you won't have to think about it anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or