U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 PM

1,971 posts, read 2,398,932 times

Advertisements

Denver definitely has its luxury car areas. Just outside Denver, Boulder is a weird mix of hippies and ultra rich lawyer / investor types who drive E class Mercedes. And a lot of seemingly hippie people driving expensive cars. The concept of "trustafarian" basically comes from Boulder, where college kids have legalize weed stickers on their X5s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 01:24 PM

7 posts, read 7,743 times
Atlanta has that biking trail along freedom parkway that is always packed and goes to about Alabama. It has no shortage of people who enjoy that type of thing. If you move here I can put you in touch with some cycling friends. Denver is probably better but Denver also probably has less months of the year with the snow and all.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:31 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,595,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
I just asked four colleagues here in the office. They either love Atlanta or like it very much. By the way, who are the "homers"? And, most of us who live here, work here, own a home, are raising children all have a "vested financial interest" in the city. What is an average joe?
Exactly...everyone I hang out with loves Atlanta, otherwise they wouldn't be here. I know there is a small percentage of Atlantans that are stuck here and want to be elsewhere, but in my experiences they are just that - a very small percentage. I love living here, and so do about 5 million others.

I just don't understand the fascination some people have for discounting or bad-mouthing this city. It's ridiculous and childish!

Old 10-19-2012, 01:33 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,595,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
I also know folk from Birmingham and Mobile and they don't even want to move here to Atlanta. This place is seen as "meh" but mention Denver or even Nashville and its "cool place", " I'd love to live there".
We must know very different people then...I have known plenty of people all over the South throughout my life (I'm guessing that I am much older than you) and Atlanta is known as the premier city of the region. People in general are not "meh" about Atlanta, but view it as an exciting and prosperous city...but maybe we just have different classes of friends, I don't know.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:57 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,494,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
We must know very different people then...I have known plenty of people all over the South throughout my life (I'm guessing that I am much older than you) and Atlanta is known as the premier city of the region. People in general are not "meh" about Atlanta, but view it as an exciting and prosperous city...but maybe we just have different classes of friends, I don't know.
Atlanta is obviously viewed as a big city.

It's just that young folk from smaller cities would rather move to Nashville, Austin, Birmingham and of course cities like Denver over Atlanta.

I find it hard to believe you know many non blacks who would rather be in Atlanta then Denver.

Last edited by Onthemove2014; 10-19-2012 at 02:08 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 05:40 PM

9,617 posts, read 8,716,590 times
Quote:
Atlanta is obviously viewed as a big city.

It's just that young folk from smaller cities would rather move to Nashville, Austin, Birmingham and of course cities like Denver over Atlanta.

I find it hard to believe you know many non blacks who would rather be in Atlanta then Denver.
Now, how do you know this? I'm somewhat fascinated about your source of facts, as it is.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:33 PM

21,218 posts, read 33,202,376 times
Quote:
Now, how do you know this? I'm somewhat fascinated about your source of facts, as it is.
Pulled out of the nether regions, I suspect.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,494,073 times
Quote:
Which part?

Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 PM

11,319 posts, read 21,979,408 times
Quote:
I know there is good food here, but why is the Varsity and Waffle House king of Atlanta.
My opinion:

Varsity is all about tradition, not quality.

Waffle house is all over the place and open 24x7, and they're actually pretty good for what they do.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:09 AM

3,453 posts, read 2,994,907 times
I moved here from Denver.. I'm sorry I love Atlanta Denver is a cool city but was just a little too Vanilla for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta