Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 09:47 AM

20 posts, read 19,266 times

Advertisements

That is, in no way, shape, form or fashion, my implication nor assertion!

In the "R~E~A~L" world, your implied comparison is not academically nor scientifically valid . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,877,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Are you making the case that Blacks can't succeed in life like other minorities and non-minorities? Really?
Strawman. He presented facts and the fact is blacks across all education levels make less money.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 AM

In that same r~e~a~l world, it is still a fact of life that, in far too many instances (notice I did not say "all"), an African American still has to be two to three times more qualified, experienced, etc to be equal. Most of us face that reality and work with and around it. It's not fair, it's just how life continues to be so we deal with it . . .

Old 10-23-2012, 09:58 AM

Onthemove2014: Some segments of society still refuse to admit that the "Country Club/19th Hole" employment advantage remains alive and well . . .

Old 10-23-2012, 10:11 AM

2,406 posts, read 3,338,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhsmct View Post
Onthemove2014: Some segments of society still refuse to admit that the "Country Club/19th Hole" employment advantage remains alive and well . . .
And there is another segment that refuses to take personal responsibility and improve their own situation without blaming others.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
In that same r~e~a~l world, it is still a fact of life that, in far too many instances (notice I did not say "all"), an African American still has to be two to three times more qualified, experienced, etc to be equal. Most of us face that reality and work with and around it. It's not fair, it's just how life continues to be so we deal with it . . .
And there are cases where an African American doesn't have to be as qualified, experienced, or close to equally professionally to other non-minorities to get a job. Look at college admissions...

Old 10-23-2012, 10:26 AM

BOTH sides of the railroad track, both sides!

RE: "And there is another segment that refuses to take personal responsibility and improve their own situation without blaming others."

Old 10-23-2012, 10:33 AM

gtcorndog: your statements remind me of a statement that was made to me and several of my peers, on numerous occasions, in different units, by different people, during my days as a commissioned Army Aviator. In units averaging 50+/- pilots, with, at most, two(2) being African American [most units had & still have only one(1)], I was told: "You people are taking up 'our' slots." We were told the same thing, on several occasions, while going thru flight school in classes with the same A.A. to Caucasion ratios. . .

Old 10-23-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
gtcorndog: your statements remind me of a statement that was made to me and several of my peers, on numerous occasions, in different units, by different people, during my days as a commissioned Army Aviator. In units averaging 50+/- pilots, with, at most, two(2) being African American [most units had & still have only one(1)], I was told: "You people are taking up 'our' slots." We were told the same thing, on several occasions, while going thru flight school in classes with the same A.A. to Caucasion ratios. . .
What?

Who is saying anyone is taking up anyone's slots? I just want the slots to go to the most qualified. Stop trying to infer something that isn't there.

You are the one who took the conversation down this path of race baiting. I guess when all else fails, lets try to throw the race card down and ignore facts and figures.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 AM

a. Apples and oranges mi amigo, apples and oranges!
b. Then please rationally and factually explain the disparity in unemployment, pay, etc.

Classic example: I have a co-worker who was hired w/ absolutely zero experience in our field while I was hired w/ over 15 yrs experience. The time he was hired, I was turned down for an interview and had to apply 2 more times before I finally got an interview and hired. Subsequently had two (2) other co-workers hired w/ little or no experience in our field but 100% of my AA co-workers had to have extensive experience to get hired.

RE "And there are cases where an African American doesn't have to be as qualified, experienced, or close to equally professionally to other non-minorities to get a job. Look at college admissions..."

Last edited by fhsmct; 10-23-2012 at 10:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta