U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 08:25 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,351,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Saturday is the last day for the market this year, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Good news for fans of the Woodstock Farmer's Market. If you missed out you still have a chance to enjoy it. They decided to extend the market two more months. Here's the announcement from the Woodstock facebook page:

The Farmers Market vendors have decided to keep the market going for a little bit longer this year. The market will continue for at least two more months. The market will be in the same location (the parking lot of the Elm Street Cultural Arts Center) but if you happen to come and do not see the market, no worries, come inside the main entrance to the building and we will be setup inside the lobby. Same time 8:30am-11:30am. The vendors will see how the customers like the extended market and we may go into the new year. We will keep you posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 AM

738 posts, read 1,118,188 times
Great news! Just one more positive thing about Atlanta's long spring and fall seasons.

Can you point me in the direction of the FB page? I did a search but didn't find much.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:21 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,351,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchnerd View Post
Great news! Just one more positive thing about Atlanta's long spring and fall seasons.

Can you point me in the direction of the FB page? I did a search but didn't find much.

Sure. It's:

http://www.facebook.com/MainStreetWoodstock

Old 11-02-2012, 06:11 PM

28,134 posts, read 24,659,949 times
Good for Woodstock! What a great place to live.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 AM

738 posts, read 1,118,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
The only other downside I can think of is the noise. Pure likes to play live music in the evenings in their rooftop bar. I'm sure it can be heard in all the condos. Not so sure how much of the noise makes it back to the Hedgewood townhomes. Freight and Firestone also have outdoor live music during certain times of the year, but not as loud as Pure. The concerts in the park will also be quite noticeable: we can faintly hear them outside where we live. And of course you have to like trains. We get about 3 freight trains each weekday during the day. Sometimes we will get one or two on the weekends and occasionally one will come through late in the evenings. On very rare occasion I will hear one in the middle of the night.
We moved in last weekend, and the first night was fine. The second night, though, I was awakened by a train horn blasting. I normally love train sounds, but I was surprised by how loud it was! If it's only occasional it should be fine though.

I did hear live music on Saturday night, probably from Pure, but it wasn't loud. I couldn't hear it indoors at all, only outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or