Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 02:02 PM

14 posts, read 56,572 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I've done a fair amount of research and it seems there is alot of mixed reviews on The Stacks Lofts. From what I gather experiences have been greater for owners of the lofts rather than renters of the lofts as they've made some renovations to the units before they went on sale and just general improvements over time.

Can anyone who is a current owner at the Stacks please comment on their experiences as of late? And if you've been there a few years, have you seen a vast improvement? How have your units and structure held up over time? Do you still like and recommend purcasing a loft there?

I read in many older reviews that sound was an issue and that it travelled easily. This is fairly concerning for me as I dont want to disturb my neighbors and vice versa with everyday activities.

How strong is the HOA and have you seen raises in fees year-to-year? It is already quite high as it is and I don't think I could afford to pay in excess of $400 each month on HOA fees.

Please share your thoughts. I greatly appreciate it!

-vwlin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 08:00 PM

Also, if you are a owner of a ~1800 sq/ft unit, how are the energy bills during the winter and summer months?

Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 PM

164 posts, read 373,848 times
This place gets hit up for auto theft quite a bit even with the secured entrance. I would be hesitant to buy/rent here unless the price was right, I owned very little of value, and I drove a beater. Cabbagetown is not a ghetto, but you are better off living on the north side of the tracks if you can. Carroll Street has some nice restaurants and bars though. The area near the O4W Park or the rentals near Inman Perk Coffee on Highland woud be a better bet if the pricing is similar and you want to live in the neighborhood.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:45 PM

Thanks for your input, pignchick!

Do you currently rent or own at Stacks? Have you been a victim of theft or auto theft there? I've read how there is now garaged parking and that the conversion from apartment homes to lofts has helped here.

The reason why I'm drawn to Stacks is because some of the units for purchase are quite beautiful. I agree that the location is not as desireable as properties around Inman Perk Coffee. However, it seems there are more apartments which are available on highland at that area.

Actually, Freedom Park and Inman Park was my initial neighborhood I wanted to live in but it has been quite difficult to find a loft for purchase to my liking in the $200k price range.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,706,379 times
Quote:
Actually, Freedom Park and Inman Park was my initial neighborhood I wanted to live in but it has been quite difficult to find a loft for purchase to my liking in the $200k price range.
Come check out Kirkwood. There are plenty of homes available for around that price.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:59 PM

105 posts, read 201,302 times
Have you looked at the Tribute Lofts down the road?

Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 PM

I haven't seen the tribute lofts yet. I don't think there was a unit that has peaked my interest listed on MLS yet. Do you recommend it?

The amount of negative feedback from the Stacks is pretty concerning...

Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 PM

105 posts, read 201,302 times
I would recommend looking at the Tribute Lofts, it is right on the trail, lots of green space around the building, plenty of visitors parking (street/garage), garage parking, best views in town, walking distance to shops/restaurants on Highland Ave.

I also looked at the Stacks prior to purchasing, and decided against the Stacks for various reasons, one being uncovered parking, and the building had an eery feeling to it. This depends on your preferences however.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:53 AM

Thanks, I will keep an eye out for Tribute lofts. Being along the bike trail and the inman/highland area are a big plus as I do hang out there often as well as edgewood.

I'm in love w/ the units at Stacks, but it just seems everything outside of your actual unit doesn't really line up unfortunately

Old 10-31-2012, 08:10 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,215,811 times
I live in Cabbagetown, near the Stacks. I have not heard of any car thefts from the Stacks in the last year. I'm very active in knowing what's going on in the neighbiorhood, and definitely would have heard about a car theft.

I'm sure it happens, but it's not common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta