Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2006, 11:01 AM

92 posts, read 455,535 times

Advertisements

My DH & I live in the Northeast & we're really
tired of the long cold winters.

My DH has the opportunity for a job
in Hapeville next to Hartsfield.
Any other town that's close but not overly
taxed & overcrowded?
We're empty nesters but under 55 yrs of
age.
We are in the middle upper income level.

Also, are the summers tolerable?
I hear March- May are the nicest months
after that most people avoid the summer
heat & stay in the AC.
Correct me if I'm wrong!

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2006, 09:24 AM

6 posts, read 31,200 times
Not really the heat is not that bad sometimes it may be humid but not anywhere near Vegas or Arizona I still enjoy it, of course you will need the ac on but Atlanta is just the place to be in summer.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:42 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,341,283 times
The summers are awful. However if you have air conditioning (and everybody does) there not that bad. You don't really notice them after awhile. If you are tired of winter then Georgia is the right place for you. It doesn't really snow here, and the winter is very short. March through May and September through November are truely gorgeous.

I don't know much about what cities tax more than others but I can tell you where you should look as far as crime, pop density etc. Stay away from anything inside the perimeter (I-285). Cities like Hapeville, College Park, East Point and South Atlanta have very high crime rates and are the reason everybody thinks Atlanta is dangerous. Working Hapeville is fine but living there you will have problems. Getting outside the perimeter you should also stay away from cities like Fairburn, Union City, Riverdale, Morrow, Forest Park or Conley. Jonesboro and Stockbridge are deceint but are beginning to turn ghetto. The area of Eagles Landing between StockBridge and Jonesboro is very nice and will likely stay that way even if StockBridge and Jonesboro continue to go downhill. Going farther south Peachtree City is one of the nicest cities in Georgia and cities like Fayetteville, Hampton and McDonough are all very nice. I would recommend that you stick to one of these five areas (or areas near there in the county). If you go north (generally considered the much nicer part of town) population density will be much higher and property costs much more. If you go east or west on the south side you will be in generally ghetto areas. If you want more information let me know.

Last edited by xxman777; 04-01-2006 at 08:45 PM..

Old 03-02-2007, 08:57 AM

3 posts, read 9,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxman777 View Post
The summers are awful. However if you have air conditioning (and everybody does) there not that bad. You don't really notice them after awhile. If you are tired of winter then Georgia is the right place for you. It doesn't really snow here, and the winter is very short. March through May and September through November are truely gorgeous.

I don't know much about what cities tax more than others but I can tell you where you should look as far as crime, pop density etc. Stay away from anything inside the perimeter (I-285). Cities like Hapeville, College Park, East Point and South Atlanta have very high crime rates and are the reason everybody thinks Atlanta is dangerous. Working Hapeville is fine but living there you will have problems. Getting outside the perimeter you should also stay away from cities like Fairburn, Union City, Riverdale, Morrow, Forest Park or Conley. Jonesboro and Stockbridge are deceint but are beginning to turn ghetto. The area of Eagles Landing between StockBridge and Jonesboro is very nice and will likely stay that way even if StockBridge and Jonesboro continue to go downhill. Going farther south Peachtree City is one of the nicest cities in Georgia and cities like Fayetteville, Hampton and McDonough are all very nice. I would recommend that you stick to one of these five areas (or areas near there in the county). If you go north (generally considered the much nicer part of town) population density will be much higher and property costs much more. If you go east or west on the south side you will be in generally ghetto areas. If you want more information let me know.

I'm from Miami... so the summers over there must be a treat for me. Infact, if we get more than 10 days a year where our temp drops below 50
(obviously winter time), we consider ourselves lucky!!! Atl is paradise compared to our hot and humid year round weather here! We really don't get a break down here. Infact most of dec. and jan. it's 75-80 degrees! Nice if your are on vacation, but not when you are trying to get in to the holiday spirit!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta