U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM

2,203 posts, read 1,246,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Source please. Seems like something Comcast would do.
Yeah...

Expecting customers to pay for the service they are providing.

Total jerks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 10:20 AM

6,629 posts, read 5,479,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Yeah...

Expecting customers to pay for the service they are providing.

Total jerks.

That's not what I'm referring to. I don't understand why they would eliminate a feature that makes it easy for people to not forget to pay their bill.

Oh wait.

That's because Comcast wants to collect tons of late fees and cause headaches.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM

251 posts, read 146,104 times
You would think that these companies would realize they are way over priced if people need payment plans to cover their bills.

Comcast has a great product and there is really no competition. And no, neither U-verse nor Direct TV offer viable alternatives. While their infrastructure price is high, they are close to pricing themselves out. So many younger people that have grown up with technology are opting not to began a life long addiction to cable.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 AM

1,008 posts, read 580,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
You would think that these companies would realize they are way over priced if people need payment plans to cover their bills.

Comcast has a great product and there is really no competition. And no, neither U-verse nor Direct TV offer viable alternatives. While their infrastructure price is high, they are close to pricing themselves out. So many younger people that have grown up with technology are opting not to began a life long addiction to cable.
Many parts of Atlanta there is no competition at all. It's either satellite of Comcast in our area. There are no other land-based alternatives.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 AM

492 posts, read 297,493 times
In a time when Internet is a viable option vs. cable it is silly that the price keeps going up for cable.

The crap thing is Comcast is raising Internet cost too, but at least you have many options for that.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:36 AM

Is Comcast hiking the prices because they want to or are they raising them because they are being squeezed by the content providers?

Old 11-28-2012, 11:42 AM

492 posts, read 297,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Is Comcast hiking the prices because they want to or are they raising them because they are being squeezed by the content providers?
They want too.

Content providers are only growing in part because of Comcast(and other providers)prices.

I can get Hulu plus and Netflix for under $40.00 a month and watch most shows and movies I want to see, while Comcast charges $40-$50 a month minimum for bare bone basic no movie channels cable.

If Comcast were cheaper I'd utilize the DVR and on demand options for shows and movies but those services are upward of $100 a month. I'd love to use the service with Netflix or Hulu but it cost too much.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiatoChina View Post
They want too.

Content providers are only growing in part because of Comcast(and other providers)prices.

I can get Hulu plus and Netflix for under $40.00 a month and watch most shows and movies I want to see, while Comcast charges $40-$50 a month minimum for bare bone basic no movie channels cable.

If Comcast were cheaper I'd utilize the DVR and on demand options for shows and movies but those services are upward of $100 a month. I'd love to use the service with Netflix or Hulu but it cost too much.
Back up your statement with facts and sources.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,119,791 times
I just called Comcast regarding this, and I was told that they would be discontinuing payment arrangements in January but they will still allow the two week grace period (after your official due date) to pay your bill.

I guess we will see what happens in January.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 PM

1,017 posts, read 784,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Just to give u guys a heads up..Those who like to do payment arrangememts..On December 22nd there will no longer be payment arrangments available.. You will have 7 days from your due date to make your payment or your services will be shut off.. I got this from a friend who works in the corporate office in Philly.. This is not just pertaining to the Atlanta market its in all marketa across US... Comcast wants all there coins on time.
What exactly do you mean by "payment arrangements". I am auto-billed each month, and they take the money out of my checking account. I never even think about it or pay attention to it. I have no idea when my Comcast bill is even due. So, does auto-pay fall under "payment arrangement" or are you talking about something different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta