U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:22 PM

5,243 posts, read 4,618,618 times

Advertisements

Another nice addition to Atlanta.

Old warehouse facilities along the beltline that was the former location of Tyler Perry studios and the Stoveworks complex which house offices and restaurants such as Kevin Rathburn Steak and Krog Bar are going to be re-purposed as a "Epicurean Center" and a "West Coast" style market. In quotes because there is no way to tell if they are actually going to be throwing fish or it is just a marketing term from the developer. Anyways, the complex will stretch across the Beltline from the old warehouse to the Stoveworks complex.

Plans for the market in the old warehouse from the article:
Quote:
More than one-third of the 30,000 square-foot development, Cochran says, will be a market that will feature "anywhere from eight to 15 market stalls ranging from 2,500 to 1,000 square feet where local operators can sell their wares. Anyone from the florist, baker, to candlestick maker. It's a true market. There are some in Atlanta but we feel like it's an opportunity to truly do it in the same vein as the markets you see on the west coast."
The developer also has plans for a 50 unit apartment building on the property and is hoping to have the market up and running by this summer.

Sounds like a fantastic addition to the area. Love the idea of picking up quality groceries along the Beltline. How 'bout dinner at the Krog Street Market and drinks at Ponce City Market? Whew, 2013 - 2014 is shaping up to be some PHENOMENAL years for Atlanta. We aren't stopping, new additions and improvements are just flowing into this city.

Another great story from CL
http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/...icurean-center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 02:29 PM

23,245 posts, read 17,442,819 times
Quote:
Sounds like a fantastic addition to the area. Love the idea of picking up quality groceries along the Beltline. How 'bout dinner at the Krog Street Market and drinks at Ponce City Market? Whew, 2013 - 2014 is shaping up to be some PHENOMENAL years for Atlanta. We aren't stopping, new additions and improvements are just flowing into this city.
This corridor is going to be hot for some years. The projects planned for the area will help in the densification of Atlanta and give new residents a desirable intown location.
And all those people that get on here saying the BeltLine is a dud, or worthless project, wtf? Once transit gets running on the corridor in 10+ years it will be awesome.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:32 PM

5,243 posts, read 4,618,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
This corridor is going to be hot for some years. The projects planned for the area will help in the densification of Atlanta and give new residents a desirable intown location.
And all those people that get on here saying the BeltLine is a dud, or worthless project, wtf? Once transit gets running on the corridor in 10+ years it will be awesome.
Yep. I kind of doubt this project would go through if the Beltline didn't exist. The Beltline is not hype, it will be as defining as the Airport already is to this city.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:35 PM

23,245 posts, read 17,442,819 times
Quote:
The Beltline is not hype, it will be as defining as the Airport already is to this city
I hate to compare Atlanta to NYC, but it is our High Line!

Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM
JPD

12,159 posts, read 15,022,713 times
Love seeing more things to do within walking distance of my front door.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:34 PM

2,047 posts, read 3,957,873 times
Ugh Krog Street? Please tell me there is a charming little anecdote behind that name. Who or what is Krog? But at least it's not a Peachtree or Ferry.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 PM

13,454 posts, read 21,929,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Ugh Krog Street? Please tell me there is a charming little anecdote behind that name. Who or what is Krog? But at least it's not a Peachtree or Ferry.

For Ros:

Krog Street Tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Daily Krog

Krog Street Tunnel

Krog Street Tunnel - Inman Park / Little Five Points - Landmarks - NFT - Not For Tourists

VISIT Krog Street Tunnel: a street art haven | the FEED Atlanta

Lady Holcomb...now you have to incorporate Krog Street and the Krog Street Tunnel into your next book--Boulevard.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 PM

2,047 posts, read 3,957,873 times
Ooh this is awesome! Oh man, I'd forgotten about Boulevard. I need to put it on my production schedule.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:38 PM

13,454 posts, read 21,929,187 times
Quote:
Ooh this is awesome! Oh man, I'd forgotten about Boulevard. I need to put it on my production schedule.
Yes.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:41 PM

29,247 posts, read 26,177,667 times
Quote:
It was named after a German gentleman named Frederick William Krog, a railroad man who lived on Decatur Street. He is buried nearby at Oakland.

Frederick William Krog (1807 - 1872) - Find A Grave Memorial
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta