U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:27 AM

3,503 posts, read 1,930,984 times

Advertisements

Yes, most blacks are socially moderate with a lean towards conservative. They generally support abortion, but don't support gay rights. If anything, being gay is probably even more taboo in the black community then it is in the white community.

It's rather obvious that race played a large part in this election. More Blacks voted for Obama mainly because he is black. It's really not hard to see this and if you're around blacks enough, it's quite easy to see this. Blacks really see him as a deity when that's far from the truth...I think Clinton was a better president then he has been and I'm black myself...I really could care less about Obama, but I didn't care about Romney even more.

However, in states such as Georgia, many whites also voted for Romney simply because he is white. It's also rather obvious to see this, but only 59% of white people voted for Romney across the country as oppose to the 92%+ of blacks that voted Obama. Whites in traditionally conservative areas tend to vote for their own race. So it's hard to say that every white person or almost every white person put race into the equation because stats back that up.

Regardless, it's a problem when all 3 major minority groups(Asian, Black, and Hispanic) voted majority democrat. It's very foretelling and goes back to what I just said in my prior post. If you cannot stay relevant to everyone's interest, you will not be relevant to the people's interests in running this county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 PM

1,378 posts, read 505,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Yes, most blacks are socially moderate with a lean towards conservative. They generally support abortion, but don't support gay rights. If anything, being gay is probably even more taboo in the black community then it is in the white community.
Its simple...blacks may not be enthusiastic about gay rights, but they hate being labeled as "moochers" and having their voting rights attacked even more.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 PM

8,699 posts, read 12,200,405 times
Quote:
It's rather obvious that race played a large part in this election. More Blacks voted for Obama mainly because he is black. It's really not hard to see this and if you're around blacks enough, it's quite easy to see this. Blacks really see him as a deity when that's far from the truth...I think Clinton was a better president then he has been ...I really could care less about Obama, but I didn't care about Romney even more.

However, in states such as Georgia, many whites also voted for Romney simply because he is white. It's also rather obvious to see this...

Regardless, it's a problem when all 3 major minority groups(Asian, Black, and Hispanic) voted majority democrat. It's very foretelling and goes back to what I just said in my prior post. If you cannot stay relevant to everyone's interest, you will not be relevant to the people's interests in running this county.
This.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:36 PM

2,804 posts, read 2,362,658 times
I can't let this nonsense fly, not even for an Atlanta minute.

You act as if black people prior to 2008 never voted for the Democrat party in huge numbers.

Now, it may be fair to say that black people who never voted before prior to 2008 likely voted for President Obama because of race affinity. In fact, 2 million more black people turned out for the 2008 Presidential election than in the previous Presidential election. So I will give you that one.

But to say that all black people in general voted for President Obama only because of race? What a hot steaming pile of cow manure.

FactCheck.org : Blacks and the Democratic Party

Voter Turnout Increases by 5 Million in 2008 Presidential Election, U.S. Census Bureau Reports - Voting - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

Dissecting the 2008 Electorate: Most Diverse in U.S. History | Pew Hispanic Center

Voting Preferences of the American Electorate, 1980-2008 - NationalJournal.com

Do Black People Support Obama Because He’s Black? (Why Are We Still Having This Conversation?) PostBourgie

Before 2012, President Lyndon B. Johnson(D) had the record for the highest percentages of black voters at 94%. Was LBJ black?

No and I would suspect that the reason he scored that high a percentage of the African American vote was because of the promises he kept for black people like ensuring the passages of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act...two monumental laws that practically reshaped the social, political, cultural, and economic landscape of the United States of America as we see it today.

And it stands to note that the Democratic Presidents since Johnson have always made it a point to campaign for laws and entitlements that keep black people in mind(whether or not the Dems actually fulfill those expectations is a different story).

So it is expected that the Democratic party before Obama have always commanded a healthy percentage of African American voters in excess of 80% of the black voting population.

And I really hate it that this Joseph Goebbels propaganda mill that I call the American corporate mainstream media has allowed this old wive's tale to be batted around the airwaves without being challenged in any meaningful way.

Associated Press should be ashamed of itself for allowing the trolling of fake concern for race-affinity voting to pass for real news. But since our media is now a gigantic tabloid yielding only to the interests of the wealthy elite class, what else is there to expect anymore?

Quote:
It's rather obvious that race played a large part in this election. More Blacks voted for Obama mainly because he is black. It's really not hard to see this and if you're around blacks enough, it's quite easy to see this. Blacks really see him as a deity when that's far from the truth...I think Clinton was a better president then he has been and I'm black myself...I really could care less about Obama, but I didn't care about Romney even more.

Last edited by AcidSnake; 12-18-2012 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: Because the world still needs truth!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:38 PM

You are actually co-signing this nonsense, Brother Aries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
This.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:54 PM

180 posts, read 225,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

You act as if black people prior to 2008 never voted for the Democrat party in huge numbers.

Before 2012, President Lyndon B. Johnson(D) had the record for the highest percentages of black voters at 94%. Was LBJ black? No and I would suspect that the reason he scored that high a percentage of the African American vote was because of the promises he kept for black people like ensuring the passages of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act...two monumental laws that practically reshaped the social, political, cultural, and economic landscape of the United States of America as we see it today.

And it stands to note that Democratic Presidents since Johnson have always made it a point to campaign for laws and entitlements that keep black people in mind. So it is expected that Democratic party before Obama have always commanded a healthy percentage of African American voters in excess of 80% of the black voting population.

And I really hate it that this Joseph Goebbels propaganda mill that I call the American corporate mainstream media has allowed this old wive's tale to be batted around the airwaves without being challenged in any meaningful way.

Associated Press should be ashamed of itself for allowing the trolling of fake concern for race-affinity voting to pass for real news. But since our media is now a gigantic tabloid yielding only to the interests of the wealthy elite class, what else is there to expect anymore?
A correction is needed: President Lyndon Johnson never ran for office after passing the 1965 Voting Rights Act of 1965. The next election was 1968 and Johnson chose not to run because of the unpopular Viet Nam War. Hubert Humphrey was the Democratic Party's candidate, Richard Nixon was the Republican Party's candidate and George Wallace ran on the American Independent Party ticket. Nixon won, however, George Wallace did mange to carry most of the southern states.

President Johnson may have been extremely popular with blacks for passing the Voting Rights Act of 1965, however, they never got the chance to show their gratitude to him at the ballot booth.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 PM

I know that.

My point is simply that it's a stupid, ignorant, falsehood to suggest that ALL black people voted for President Obama simply because of race, without considering the historical reality that black people since 1964 voted for democrats in high numbers & percentages anyways. And this falsehood is designed to show complete and utter disrespect for the intelligence of African American people like myself.

That's my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
A correction is needed: President Lyndon Johnson never ran for office after passing the 1965 Voting Rights Act of 1965. The next election was 1968 and Johnson chose not to run because of the unpopular Viet Nam War. Hubert Humphrey was the Democratic Party's candidate, Richard Nixon was the Republican Party's candidate and George Wallace ran on the American Independent Party ticket. Nixon won, however, George Wallace did mange to carry most of the southern states.

President Johnson may have been extremely popular with blacks for passing the Voting Rights Act of 1965, however, they never got the chance to show their gratitude to him at the ballot booth.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:24 PM

996 posts, read 670,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Its simple...blacks may not be enthusiastic about gay rights, but they hate being labeled as "moochers" and having their voting rights attacked even more.
Oh please... needing an ID to vote is not a big deal. I guess my wife's quarter whiteness must of been the reason she has an ID. Oppps I forgot she is a grown up who uses an ID to buy liquor, drive, get on an airplane, etc.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:33 PM

3,503 posts, read 1,930,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

Now, it may be fair to say that black people who never voted before prior to 2008 likely voted for President Obama because of race affinity. In fact, 2 million more black people turned out for the 2008 Presidential election than in the previous Presidential election. So I will give you that one.

But to say that all black people in general voted for President Obama only because of race? What a hot steaming pile of cow manure.

FactCheck.org : Blacks and the Democratic Party

Voter Turnout Increases by 5 Million in 2008 Presidential Election, U.S. Census Bureau Reports - Voting - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

Dissecting the 2008 Electorate: Most Diverse in U.S. History | Pew Hispanic Center

Voting Preferences of the American Electorate, 1980-2008 - NationalJournal.com

Do Black People Support Obama Because Hes Black? (Why Are We Still Having This Conversation?) PostBourgie

Before 2012, President Lyndon B. Johnson(D) had the record for the highest percentages of black voters at 94%. Was LBJ black?

No and I would suspect that the reason he scored that high a percentage of the African American vote was because of the promises he kept for black people like ensuring the passages of the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act...two monumental laws that practically reshaped the social, political, cultural, and economic landscape of the United States of America as we see it today.

And it stands to note that the Democratic Presidents since Johnson have always made it a point to campaign for laws and entitlements that keep black people in mind(whether or not the Dems actually fulfill those expectations is a different story).

So it is expected that the Democratic party before Obama have always commanded a healthy percentage of African American voters in excess of 80% of the black voting population.

Except you should read my post again before typing an essay in response to my post. I didn't say all blacks. I said more blacks. I hang around blacks enough to know that many of them strongly voted for him because he was black and wanted to ensure that they could finally have a black president. It just helps even more that he was running under the democratic party. I'm fully aware that blacks historically have voted democrat. However, when you compare the numbers to those of recent elections prior to 2008, blacks did not turnout nearly as strongly as now.

Yes, there are some blacks who genuinely voted for President Obama because they agree with his ideas, but a majority of blacks voted for him because he is black. Many of them blindly support him without even knowing his ideas and policies.

President Obama is an average president, nothing less, nothing more. He has not impressed me this past presidential term and in my opinion spent too much time trying to pass his healthcare bill.

However, I will take him over Romney anyday.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Except you should read my post again before typing an essay in response to my post. I didn't say all blacks. I said more blacks.
Fair enough, I will take another look at your statement.

Quote:
Yep I read it again. Right after your "more" statement you went right to generalities. "Blacks really see him as a deity..." Really dude? Really? We think he's God? You are totally suspect on this one.

I can get with the criticisms you have of President Obama, because I have a lot of critiques of him myself. A whole lot.

But your comment in some ways has "Archie Bunker" written all over it. The execution of your statement seems to come right out of National Review magazine or a typical Herman Cain whitewashed radio program.

I am not a person to ignore nuance and context, and I am a big fan of Tavis Smiley and Cornell West and how they delivered their criticisms. But your comment seems so...so...not something that a black person would say...at least not one who hasn't been bought out.

But maybe that's just me. What do I know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta