U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM

5,015 posts, read 5,777,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Typical hipster saying.
..or simply demographics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 03:47 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,313,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
I've found that highly educated people tend to veer Democrat in general, while traditional/religious people and old-money business people tend to veer Republican.

I find some of your statements insulting, frankly. Minnesota and Massachusetts vote majority Democrat on a fairly consistent basis for a reason, and it isn't a lack of planning. That would be ... Georgia!

If a person assumes that people are generally good and that collective efforts can sometimes provides real benefits, I've found that person generally tends to lean Democrat.

If, on the other hand, a person believes that people are generally evil and must be controlled, and that collective efforts are little more than attempts to leverage control away from individuals, then I've found that person tends to lean towards the Republican party.

A bit simplistic, obviously, but I've also found many conservatives to be reactive rather than proactive.
Republicans give people more control over their lives. The only people who complain about that are the ones who will get less welfare, or their leaders who get to do the controlling.

Detroit and California are great examples of "proactive" ways!

Old 12-10-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiatoChina View Post
He is just talking out of butt.

He claimes to have the facts while we are wrong and then wants us to disprove him while he provides nothing.
Well you want to talk facts, but what have you brought to the table? Typical progressive arguing.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:50 PM

565 posts, read 790,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
The short answer: There aren't many apartments in Forsyth and Cherokee.

The long answer: Since there are few apartments in those counties, the residents much more likely to be homeowners and married than other areas. People who buy a home and get married to raise children tend to be more responsible and plan ahead compared to people who rent monthly and have babies out of wedlock. People who plan ahead in life are much more likely to vote Republican. People who wander through life aimlessly tend to vote Democrat, since that party offers a bigger safety net to people who have made mistakes.
So I rent an apartment because I don't want to keep living where I am now, that makes me irresponsible and a bad person?

Ahaha oh wow.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM

492 posts, read 602,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
Well you want to talk facts, but what have you brought to the table? Typical progressive arguing.

You understand what burden of proof is right? You surely understand how he and guess now you have this burden when you made the initial claim right?

Old 12-10-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
You understand what burden of proof is right? You surely understand how he and guess now you have this burden when you made the initial claim right?
Where did I make the initial claim?

Just shows you do not have the facts.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoness View Post
So I rent an apartment because I don't want to keep living where I am now, that makes me irresponsible and a bad person?

Ahaha oh wow.
Basically, and guess what, YOU have to prove otherwise. He doesn't have to prove anything if you disagree BUT you do since you disagree with his unsupported assertion!

Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
Where did I make the initial claim?
"You" meaning roadtrip in my example. Try to keep up.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM

565 posts, read 790,067 times
Quote:
Basically, and guess what, YOU have to prove otherwise. He doesn't have to prove anything if you disagree BUT you do since you disagree with his unsupported assertion!
Apparently the burden of proof concept doesn't exist on this forum...interesting.

Well since I have never heard something so crazy in my life until that exact post, I am just going to assume that viewpoint is the extreme fringe minority. I pay taxes and everything, I bet that surprises him?

Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
"You" meaning roadtrip in my example. Try to keep up.
I am sure I can keep up.

Fact: I graduated from Emory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or