Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2013, 07:10 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,869,071 times

Advertisements

Another $10M Mixed-Use Project On Tap For Grant Park?
$10M Mixed-Use Project On Tap For Grant Park? - Coming Attractions - Curbed Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 08:47 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Sounds good to me, but here comes a small quibble...the "iconic music venue" they mentioned should have been cited as Dottie's and not Lenny's. Lenny's was little more than a coattail rider of the Dottie's legend. If a book about the history of Atlanta's rock music scene is ever written, Dottie's will be a major part of the story while Lenny's will be a footnote.

Hopefully the restaurant they put in this development will be something good and not a Moe's/Doc Chey/Tin Drum type of place.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:54 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Sounds good to me, but here comes a small quibble...the "iconic music venue" they mentioned should have been cited as Dottie's and not Lenny's. Lenny's was little more than a coattail rider of the Dottie's legend. If a book about the history of Atlanta's rock music scene is ever written, Dottie's will be a major part of the story while Lenny's will be a footnote.
Dottie's was a Atlanta classic but I'd give Lenny's a little more credit than that. They had a solid 10 year run, which is not bad in the music club biz. They were an important venue on the local scene.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Dottie's was a Atlanta classic but I'd give Lenny's a little more credit than that. They had a solid 10 year run, which is not bad in the music club biz. They were an important venue on the local scene.
I did give them less credit than they deserve, but I stand by my assessment of Dottie's being the iconic club in that location. I don't think the Atlanta music scene would have been all that different if Lenny's never existed. I can't say the same for Dottie's. I say this as someone who was very active as an audience member and performer at both venues.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:28 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,723,990 times
Will this development take up the whole lot, including the liquor store? Memorial Dr. Is finally getting the attention it deserves. Between this and the other new development that will be going up where the old ice building was, that part of Memorial will look like a completely different area than what it is today! I saw one of the comments about it being a better area to get developers attention than areas like West Midtown because it has the street grid and transportation options to support a dense, walkable area and I completely agree. The bones are there, it just needed the investment, and looks like it is finally coming

Continuing the Grant Park discussion, does anybody have any insight on what's up with the Urban Green Properties site next to the Grant Park Coffee on Cherokee? Now that the economy is better, I'd hoped to see that project started again. It would be great to fill that prime location in with a couple new restaurants and stores. I can't imagine why it is still sitting idly (and takes FOREVER for whoever owns it to mow the lawn and keep it presentable).

Old 09-27-2013, 08:01 AM
JPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCATL View Post
Will this development take up the whole lot, including the liquor store?
I just went tinto that liqour store for the first (and last) time a few weeks ago, and I can only say I hope so. Liquor stores in which all the product is behind glass and cages do nothing good for a neighborhood.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:50 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,629,086 times

Monthly Avalon Construction Update | Nov 2013 - YouTube

Old 10-30-2013, 10:15 PM

348 posts, read 434,259 times
This is technically not going to open in 2014 but construction will start in 2014:

Confirmed: Yoo Tower Launching Soon; Financing Explained - Development du Jour - Curbed Atlanta

Old 10-31-2013, 10:39 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,629,086 times
Midtown is getting dense. Now if they would start working on the area around Arts Center Marta Station

Old 10-31-2013, 12:16 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Midtown is getting dense. Now if they would start working on the area around Arts Center Marta Station
I think a hotel is planned for an open lot on 14th?
Hotel project proposed for symphony center site - Atlanta Business Chronicle
Atlanta Development | A project by project display of Atlanta Development
And apartments planned on 15th.
http://forum.atlantadev.com/#!/const...ment-tower-upd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta