U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 08:24 PM

10 posts, read 13,803 times

Advertisements

I am a 27 yr old female who left GA a couple years back to pursue business opportunities. I'm now looking at moving back to be near family...but not too near, if you get what I mean.

My family is located in the more rural southern suburb, McDonough. I've previously had an apartment near Lawrenceville and did like that area, but it's quite a drive. Peachtree City has been on my radar before, but I'm not sure it's quite the right vibe for me.

Details, as requested by the sticky:

--Currently unemployed, planning bakery start up business, looking to work in local food establishments until then. Boyfriend can work from home, not worried about it.

--No need for proximity to airport.

--I have lived the commuting nightmare that is 75/85N and the Perimeter, so please spare me that this time. I love lots of back road possibilities.

--Would like to stay within 1 hour drive of Henry County.

--Renting only for now.

--Price range, (been in Cali where a studio is $700+, so..) anywhere below $1500 is preferable.

--No kids, don't care about schools.

--Boyfriend moving with me, need apartment or house..don't take up much room so even a studio apt works for us. Can you tell we're coming from Cali? haha

--Don't care about nightlife, but prefer not to settle down in elderly community. Haha.

--Prefer rural living but no more than 10-15 minute drive into nearest city/town.

--Love the woods. Love to swim. Love the outdoors. Love the mountains.

--Public transit would be nice, but not required.

--I like culturally diverse areas but prefer the highest percentage be caucasian so I don't stick out too much.

--I love international markets.

--If you wanted to put me in a box, it would say 'half-hippie' on it.

If this post bored you, my apologies. I was trying to be as complicated as possible so as not to waste anyone's time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

EDIT:We are both big time foodies and would be overjoyed if there was a huge foodie community nearby as well....

Last edited by JungleGirl; 01-03-2013 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Adding info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,325,997 times
Athens or Rome.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,592,079 times
Foodie community! Check out the Buford Highway eaters community on meetup.com

Old 01-03-2013, 08:49 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,341,169 times
Athens has your name all over it. Tons of mom and pop stores and plenty of hipsters from UGA to come to your bakery. Direct access to outdoors. No traffic. Nightlife is there, but you don't have to take part. Very affordable housing.

Dunno about international markets. All the international markets seem to be in METRO area.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 AM

10 posts, read 13,803 times
Thanks for the replies. I've thought about Athens but was afraid it might be too much of a college crowd that would get on my nerves..I'll check it out. Buford Hwy has the awesome international market. It is a bit of a haul for me though....hm..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or